Where are you from,what do you do?

Hi. I'm from Washington State and am a full time personal trainer, part time Spinning instructor, and was a mountain biker but just bought two (by accident...don't ask) road bikes...so, that's my next plan of action.

Hi guys,
I'm from Marin/San Francisco, and am now living in London. I ride for transportation and fitness, and I want to try touring. I love cycling and feel very strongly about biking as alternative transportation. I only started cycling a couple years ago and want to learn as much as I can about bicycle maintenance.
-Isabel

Hi my name is Alex, I'm from Stoke-on-Trent in England, UK. I'm currently working on a design project on rear mountain bike suspension, and hope to use your guys experties in the field to help with the research.
Cheers.

Ken here. Alexandria, VA. ( Old Town / Del Ray ) Basically for those not familliar w/ the area, its Washington D.C.

I work for the United States Govt in EEO/ Civil Rights / Administrative.

I just purchased a new bike last friday. Im interested in cycling for recreation, fitness, transportation.

NoVa Bikers say hey!

Hi

I'm from Crescent Head (that's halfway between Brisbane and Sydney). I work in a sawmill - we recycle timber.

I ride to work whenever I can - 20 ks. It's no problem in the cool of the morning but not too much fun after work. An on shore wind generally kicks in in summer making it even harder going.

I can do just about the whole trip off road but in takes around 2 hours. It's only an hour by road.

skinnyphilly said:
hey..im from florida, i just got into biking and im sure that i want a mountain bike but i dont really know what models are good.....im looking at trek or cannondales but how about the mongoose from sports authority( http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2057162&cp=2057781.713103.1892903&parentPage=category ), any good? thank you
Mountain bike in Florida? Didn't think there were any mountains in Florida.

All the above bikes are good brands. Depends on how much you want to spend. But I guess around $800-$1000 US you get a pretty good entry level bike.

Enjoy your biking

Regards

Peter

I am from San Diego, California, USA. I ride only about once a week, 20-25 miles. But starting January I will be commuting twice that distance two times a week. Then I'll be doing my fun rides too.

skinnyphilly said:
hey..im from florida, i just got into biking and im sure that i want a mountain bike but i dont really know what models are good.....im looking at trek or cannondales but how about the mongoose from sports authority( http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2057162&cp=2057781.713103.1892903&parentPage=category ), any good? thank you
If you really want to scare yourself with way too much information go to www.bikenow.com.au. There's a "how to buy a bike in 10 easy (ha) steps".

I live in Anyang in S. Korea and work for MOE, Ministry of Environment.
kind of not interesting things...
I used to ride my bike almost everyday to get to work. and on weekend, more than 100kilo... but these days I'm too busy to get on the saddle. My bikes is used for lundry drying rack. I dream the day when I ride my bike enjoyablely one sunny day...

skinnyphilly said:
Perhaps you may want to consider a road or hybrid? Theres penty of hills/ mountains in my area here, and plenty of heavy off roading to be done, but for me I dont plan on doing a heck of alot of that. Its mostly paved trails or road here, with some exceptions. Maybe get yourself a nice hybrid, and a set of slicks for your road, and a set of nobbies or somewhat nobby for your "off roading"? Just a thought.

I got a hybrid because I dont really NEED the bike to EXCEL at one or the other, but wanted one that is fairly good at both. Granted, I spent alittle money on it, but the week ive had it Ive LOVED it. It is a Trek 7500 FX Alpha Aluminum SL 17.5" frame. Right now its got slicks on it for the road, 700x32 Race Lite hardcase. Its a very light bike. My housemates bike is an older hybrid or MTB I cant really tell, but that thing weighs easily twice what mine does, and his is not much larger than mine. Obviously im a Trek fan, so im gonna be biased and suggest you go w/ Trek. ITs well worth the money youll spend. You also might want to try to get a new (used) bike. I got mine on craigslist.org, brand spanking new, purchased 2 months ago, ridden twice,less than mile, and i got the warrenty with it. 500 USD flat. Not a single scratch and barely a speck of dirt on it.

I'm in St. Louis, Missouri USA and I work as a program coordinator for a non-profit bycycling awareness organization (trailnet.org). I love to ride my bike and get paid for it!

uh huh........................................................................................................................

I'm a new member here from Syracuse NY USA. Single dad of 2 and we all live and ride together. Work as an Investment Advisor. Mostly like to bring old bikes back from the dead: '61 Schwinn saved garbage heap, '48 Columbia with 2 speed kick back same thing, several others. Newest find: free Bianchi road bike from about the early - mid 70's. nice shape too.

I'm live in Cincinnati, Ohio. I was born in Durban, South Africa. I work in the cycling industry. We offer awesome free training software, for anyone that wants to check it out. (It's multi-sport, too.) Our website is: www.cambiatta.com . I am currently training for XTERRA and hope to make it down to the global tour event in SA in 03/06.

You be care full there

Once I over slept in the morning and guess what m y wife did
I found towels spread over me good self to dry
troll
india:confused:
manganic said:
I live in Anyang in S. Korea and work for MOE, Ministry of Environment.
kind of not interesting things...
I used to ride my bike almost everyday to get to work. and on weekend, more than 100kilo... but these days I'm too busy to get on the saddle. My bikes is used for lundry drying rack. I dream the day when I ride my bike enjoyablely one sunny day...

Hello all,

Grew up in Florida and started racing down there in 1978. Met up with some guys from the snowy north that did some training in Central Florida in the winter. Turned out to be Ian Jackson, Paul Pearson, Steve Bauer, Peter Dreessens (sp?) amoung others. Anyhow, had some sucess in Florida, was exiting college with some money and decided to move north to give racing a whirl. Ended up for the next three years, racing the NE races in 80-83. Got married in 84, moved back to FL and managed Orange Cycle Works in Orlando. Wife didn't dig FL so moved to NJ and started an entry level position with Fuji America. Moved up the ranks and became product manager in 1990 where I stayed until 2003. Now work for Jamis as product Manager for the past two years.

Anyhow want to be able to post some replys to some messages and clear up some mis information on the technical side of things and possible some racing comments.

Steven Fairchild

I am in the military stationed in Japan, single latin man 35yo. Music is my love DJ (R&B, Salsa, Hip Hop). Very athletic.