Where are you from,what do you do?

Originally posted by Karlo
Hi, I'm a student from Juneau Alaska.
I'll actually be heading to Middlebury College in Vermont this fall, but before that I hope to rip up the local race scene. (more likely: the local race scene will rip me up)
Welcome to the forum Karlo.
Hey we all had to crawl before we could walk and then some before we could run and sprint, then you get guys like me who prefer to stay in the walking mode, but I still enjoy it every time I get on the bike. :cool: Just keep going, set your own goals and go for it!

Where: North Bend Washington (Near Seattle)

What I do: Security analyst for Microsoft.

I bike to work when it's not raining; 20 miles each way through the Cascade Mountains, lots of hills.

I am 22 years old, Chicago, Illinois, USA. I ride 35-50 miles a day 4-5 days a week. My training is mainly time trial"ish" but, I am attempting to bring some criterium skills in. I am unemployed but looking, my nutrition levels are dropping as a result. Feel damn good through =) I like racing cars and chasing down cyclists.

Originally posted by GearGrinder
oh ow..now wait for the anti - microsoft forum geeks to start talking :D , welcome mate

I'm used to it, jealousy is easy to recognize. ;^)

Thanks for the welcome.

First day here... what a diverse crowd you got in this forum. Super site!

I'm a female grad student (cultural anthro for anyone interested) here in New York City. Race Cat3, but gettin' ready to upgrade. Ride every chance I get and that's quite a bit!

Keep the rubber side down!

20 years old, Sydney; Australia I'm still just beginning to get back into cycling so I don't ride that long or far, was a devout swimmer and runner before hand so I'm lookin to get into some triathlon type stuff.

Originally posted by wonderlamb
Where: North Bend Washington (Near Seattle)

What I do: Security analyst for Microsoft.

I bike to work when it's not raining; 20 miles each way through the Cascade Mountains, lots of hills.

What the hell where you guys thinking when you created IIS? :D

I 'm from France, Atlantic coast. I ride a few years ago in Brisbane !

I prepare for long distance and triathlon

Hello Chaps,
I live in Greenwich, London England, and split my time between running a stall on the craft market there and making Penny Farthing bicycles. Preparing to leave all this behind at the end of July to cycle around the world on my Penny...
Happy wheeling,
Joff
www.pennyfarthingworldtour.com

I live in San Jose, CA

For a living I am a Sr. Lotus Notes Administrator for a silicon valley company

I race for SyCip designs, they make custom steel frames. I am currently racing Expert MTB and cat 4 road

Where: From the U.S.A new jersey to be xact, but live and work in Germany.

I Spin during the week, because of lack of time, and ride on the weekends. I have not been riding long, but love it.

Love this forum for all its good company and the great tips

What I do: I am a network Administrator, when i´m not dreaming of riding.:eek:

Hi,
I'm 54 and when I retired about 4 years ago, I bought a Giant Innova and one for my wife. We did a fair bit of day touring and overnight stuff from motel to motel in various wine growing areas of Aus. All of a sudden I found that it was not enough. Since then I have joined a Veterans' road racing club, bought a lovely little Merida 904 road bike and have even started winning races (and prize money!!!!). I'm fitter than I have been for the last 20 years. Long may the riding and friendships continue.
Tezza

Hi all
I am 30, from Maryland USA, kinda new to the road (but I catch on real fast) I have been riding and racing XC for over 5 years, and just now transitioning to road riding.
I still Mountain Bike and race, but the road is AMAZING! Hope to race in road races real soon. My wife rides XC, and after the birth of our first child she will join me on the road (if we can get enough sleep in those first months)

45 here, stopped racing back in '89 when I moved from Boston to Zion National Park in Utah to start a Bed & Breakfast. Moved from Utah to California in 98 for a job in software. Was president of a software company that produced human/animal 3D animation tools until January of this year.

Now I'm not working for the time being, and enjoying training again. I want to start Masters racing later this season or next.

Thoroughly enjoying training again. Looking forward to competing once I get my legs and lungs back.

Cheers,

Steve Cooper

Hi everyone,

I'm 38 and new to bike riding. Just started (about 6 weeks ago) commuting to work on my bike. Gradually getting quicker, have a few traffic hazards etc to deal with. I live in the south west of Western Australia.

I'm married with two kids (both girls aged 10 and 8).

Went through a big keep fit phase starting Jan 2002. Have successfully lost 30kg (66lb I think that converts to). I play competition water polo and enjoy swimming and a bit of running as well. As stated I think I'm going to get on the bike a bit more now and try a few longer rides.

I work at Edith Cowan University (South West Campus) as the I.T. Manager, have been working in the I.T. industry for almost 15 years now.

Cheers,
Mike

Welcome to the forums MG, join all the other IT guys on the forum. Looks like it's part of the job description of IT is to belong to some kind of forum?!?

wtf is with this forum? so many IT geeks around :) I thought you (we?) all stuck to whirlpool and overclockers........

anyway I am from perth. computer science student :( atm. ride the 16 k's there and another 16 back every week day to and from uni, though today I finished exams and I am on a 5 week holiday!

Hi gang,

I'm 44 and new to cycling as well. I've been the stoker on a tandem for about a year. I finally got the tandem all decked out with a Barcalounger, TV and small fridge, then decided to ride solo. I got a new road bike last weekend, and...um...I'm a little tired.

I checked out the dork list. I've ridden with #1, #3 and #10 dorks, my tandem captain is a #8 dork and I will confess to being a #10a dork. I'm forgiving myself for this one lapse though, since I've only been riding solo for a week. There is a grace period, no? ;)