Where are you from,what do you do?

bcnyal8r2 said:
Hi
I'm from Mississippi and brand new to cycling. I'll be buying a Trek road bike sometime in the next month. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks in advance. :)
yo,
i recently bought a Trek 2100 and am in love with it. i had a trek 1000 and knew i had to upgrade. i ride about 3100 miles a year and love the Trek. i ride a fund raiser called the Pan Mass Challenge (192 miles / 2 days) and we raise funds for the Dana Farber Cancer Institute here in Boston, MA $23 million dollars this year. the Trek serves the purpose of long distance over hilly terrain just fine. this is my 5th year of riding and love it.
sherm

Hi bikers from around the world my name is Steve and live in Pittsburgh USA. I'm a pretty avid cyclist, commute to work everyday (yes even in winter), try to ride weekends (century's if possible) and spent my vacation with my three friends in Wyoming and North Dakota this summer riding the Bear Tooth Mountain range. I'm a roadie by heart and have been for the past 37 years. Originally from England I spent many miles in the Lake District riding and whenever possible watching the local races.

I also like to collect cycling memorabilia, especially autographs and Giro Lone Star helmets of which I just completed my collection with the two new latest helmets including the Paris edition. I was fortunate enough to get one of the first Boreas Lone Stars back in 99' after Lance won his first.

I'm a big Lance fan, the people at work think my office looks more like a shrine to the guy. Hey what can I say, I think he's done more for American cycling than anyone and hopefully this will fuel more interest in getting on a bike and having sone fun.

Well got to go and get the bike cleaned up for next week.

Cycle on.

Australian, mornington peninsula, Victoria .
Job- electrician
Do a little Cross country mountian bike but mainly road race. Love crits and handicaps (have a time trial background from triathalons)

Hi,

I live in central Texas. Have been out of the sport for over 20 years. The recumbent thing has rekindled my interest and I am looking for feedback on these machines.

The local bike shops really trash them, the biggest gripes being about parts availability and the manufacturers reluctance to supply spares.

Comments?

Hi there,

I live in Wellington, New Zealand and have recently made the move from Mountain Biking to Road - Trek 1200 with mods and loving it!

Have started training for my first race in a few months time.

I work in IT as a Technical Lead for a bank.

Hello Everyone. Wish you all a happy New Year, I live in Central Scotland have been around for a while, was out on the bike today for 40 km just to clear away the Hogmanay spirits

hey folks, i'm russ from detroit. i'm a high school teacher and a volunteer at back alley bikes, detroit's only free bike coop. for you locals, we're in the back alley of mack and martin luther king blvd. it's a great place to come by and fix a flat, learn some wrenching skills or just hang out with fellow cyclists. hope to see some of you there this cycling season!

:cool: Hello, I'm Da Whamo from San Bernardino, California. I am a walker looking to get one of my exercise bikes rolling. I need belts for a Trek 3200 exercise bike and/or a repairman for an old Lifecycle with computer problems. I plan on riding the Camp Pendleton trail near San Clemente this summer, where the family has a beach house. I am willing to pay anyone that can help me with either of these bikes.

Hiya all!
I live near Nottingham England and i regularly ride xc around Sherwood Forest and the Peak District.
I ride a Specialized Fsr Xc and wanted to say a big hello to you all.:)

From: I am from New Orleans! But currently I live in Houston.
I am a newbie!
What I do: I am by love an ICU nurse and I currently work in marketing and physician relations.

Hey guys just jioned the site..feel its time to make some noise.:D

I am in Walliston. a suburb in the hills of Perth Western Australia. We call them hills but eh they be more like a bump in the road!
I am a firefighter, took to cycling for fitness 3 tears ago and just fell in love with the whole thing. Took up road racing in Masters last year. Great people.
Stay safe.Cheers.

koops63 said:
Hey guys just jioned the site..feel its time to make some noise.:D

I am in Walliston. a suburb in the hills of Perth Western Australia. We call them hills but eh they be more like a bump in the road!
I am a firefighter, took to cycling for fitness 3 tears ago and just fell in love with the whole thing. Took up road racing in Masters last year. Great people.
Stay safe.Cheers.
When You ride are you riding on dirt paths? I only ask because of you reference to "bumps in the road" if so are you riding a mountain bike at the time?

wackydeirdre said:
When You ride are you riding on dirt paths? I only ask because of you reference to "bumps in the road" if so are you riding a mountain bike at the time?
Sorry Bro,
I am roadie only, experience has taught me that if i went out mountain biking it would end with me in a world of pain.
"Bumps in the road" comment came after trip to europe and realising that what i thought was climbing was just a warm up!

Hi everyone
Googling my own name I came across this forum
Stopped cycling 30 years ago, started again last year somewhat slower
You seem like an interesting bunch you do you lot
Live in Toulouse France now have done for quite sometime
Beautiful it is up in the Pyrenees
Would'nt mind riding a cyclo or 2 this year if I can get fit enough
Was born in north of England lad us mountain men - has gitten any honkin' knobs?

Hello,

I am from the tropics of Saskatchewan, Canada.
I have the great pleasure of being a stay at home dad to 4 kids ranging in age from 3 months to 7 years.

:)

I am from Austin but now living in the Dallas, TX area. Just bought a decent bike in September and I'm a stay-at-home mom of 2.

G'day,

This is my first posting. I'm an old fart who has been a regular cyclist over the past three years, is upgrading his old 'clunker' to a half decent flat bar road bike and needs advice on pedals.

Cheers,
Wally.