Where are you from,what do you do?

Hi greetings to all you cyclist. My name is Freddie and from California. I ride 150 miles per week for fun and a few races during the year.

My name is Mark,
Besides me "real job" as a quality engineer, I currently hold the Membership Chair of the Rapid Wheelmen Bike Club in Grand Rapids MI., am our 2006 (24th) Annual Colorburst Charity Tour, am the Coordinator of the Grand Rapids Ride of Silence and I'm the Michigan Director of Ride of Silence, reporting to the board in Dallas.

As of today, I'm proud to say that we have 17 locations in Michigan that will hold a Ride of Silence on May 17th, 2006, leading the nation, with another 1/2 dozen locations seriously considering holding one.

I urge all my fellow cyclists to go to: http://www.rideofsilence.org
and learn what the R of S is about, and what the Ride wishes to promote:
Remembering those that can no longer ride with us, and to help educate motorist that they need to Share the Road with us. Same Road, Same Rights, Same Rules.

Hopefully you'll contact your local bike shop or club to have a Ride of Silence in your area. This years ride is fully supported by the League of American Bicyclists. Executive Director Andy Clarke and V. P. Preston Tyree will travel to Texas in May, to attend the Dallas Ride to bring as much national exposure as they can to the Share the Road program.

Thanks, and please consider holding or attending a Ride in your area,

markpedal

ps. if anyone would like information on how to start a Ride of Silence in your area, or would like to know the current Michigan locations, please email me at: [email protected]

I live in Denver, CO, and work at a call center in customer service, I used to live and work in Aspen. That is were I started cycling both road and moutain.

I answered this because I will soon list my Biemmezeta 55cm road racing bicycle on e-bay and was looking for info on it in search engines. I thought I was the only one in the US that ever owned one of these classics??

:p

I'm Sonny Alcancia from Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro. I would like to knoe where to get plans for building a bikecar.

I appreciate the idealism of that but having responded to MANY car vs bike accidents as a medic, one has to realize there are too may a--holes driving 3,000 lb vehicles. I support the endeavor as one hopes it will promote this awareness.

markpedal said:
My name is Mark,
Besides me "real job" as a quality engineer, I currently hold the Membership Chair of the Rapid Wheelmen Bike Club in Grand Rapids MI., am our 2006 (24th) Annual Colorburst Charity Tour, am the Coordinator of the Grand Rapids Ride of Silence and I'm the Michigan Director of Ride of Silence, reporting to the board in Dallas.

As of today, I'm proud to say that we have 17 locations in Michigan that will hold a Ride of Silence on May 17th, 2006, leading the nation, with another 1/2 dozen locations seriously considering holding one.

I urge all my fellow cyclists to go to: http://www.rideofsilence.org
and learn what the R of S is about, and what the Ride wishes to promote:
Remembering those that can no longer ride with us, and to help educate motorist that they need to Share the Road with us. Same Road, Same Rights, Same Rules.

Hopefully you'll contact your local bike shop or club to have a Ride of Silence in your area. This years ride is fully supported by the League of American Bicyclists. Executive Director Andy Clarke and V. P. Preston Tyree will travel to Texas in May, to attend the Dallas Ride to bring as much national exposure as they can to the Share the Road program.

Thanks, and please consider holding or attending a Ride in your area,

markpedal

ps. if anyone would like information on how to start a Ride of Silence in your area, or would like to know the current Michigan locations, please email me at: [email protected]

i'm from ripon wisconsin, right now i'm in school for computer elecronics, i try to ride an easy 50 a night and on weekends around 300 total....at least i try too.....i'm currently riding a 2003 Look KG 386 with all ultegra, but with a fsa team crank and am now looking for a set of rims...got any ideas?? right now i'm riding the dura ace wh 7701...i want some carbon rims...

Hi,

I am from Minnesota. Brrrrrrrr :) What do I do? Hmmmmm.....Ride bike! Play on computers, oh yeah....and work:( "Bike first, work later" :D

hello, I'm envelope,I'm a road cyclist from Swansea, fitness, tour ,sole means of personal transport,[apart from walking].

Alright... I am from Vancouver BC and am, as most cyclists are, unhappy with the amount of cycling i get to do. I Would ride to work but, 80kms a day is nightmarish to concider. Mostly, i work, fix things for people and then ride when i can.

Hey everyone,
I am new to this site and not sure how it exactly works. I am actually on here wondering if anyone has any advice or anything for my problem. I will try to make this short. I had a little girl 7 months ago, my first child. I did not experience pelvic pain until I had her. I was laying in the hospital bed after I had and went to get up and I had the worst pelvic pain I could imagine I thought something was broke or seriously wrong I didn't know what was going on. I don't know how it happened but I couldn't walk for 2 weeks I went to physical therapy for a long time and when that wasn't helping I went to a chiropractor and that was not helping either. My doctor gave me anti flamitory pills and that was not successful. I still have this pain and don't know what else to do. It is really bad when I don't get much sleep or when I do alot of walking so also I have gained a lot of weight. I can't sleep on a flat bed I have to sleep on the couch for the back support and cushion. Is there anyone that has any advice or can help? Thanks
Stephanie :confused:

to be honest, cycling won't really help you at all i don't think, even with a really soft seat because you'll be pumping your legs while sitting and that may give you pain, how about walking? maybe 2k a day.
sorry, i know it's not that much of a help

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and i came to this forum looking for help in finding a small part for my Campy pedals I have contacted a number of stores about the availabity of this part "takes forever is the stock answer" Does anyone know of a web site that deals in campy parts the pedals are Profit just a couple of years old.:cool:

Hi. I'm Pat from Melbourne, Australia. I am laid up athe minute due to cycling accident...broken leg....only 6weeks to go before the crutches go..Yeh!...not sure when riding again

I'm from Batavia, Illinois and I am wife of 10plus years and my husband and I have 2 boys, 2 dogs and 1 cat. I am proud to be a full time mom!

I'm Michael, I'm from Brisbane, Australia, i'm 16 i'm full time student this is my first year of getting seriously into cycling well kinda, lol, um and i'm a boy

I'm from Naperville, Il I work in the commodity market in Chicago. Spinning since fall of last year and purchased my first road bike for x mas, Giant 05' TCR C3. looking forward to a lot of riding this spring and summer with the Naperville Bike Club.

Im from Raleigh, NC and am a freelance Web Developer.

Just started cycling this past summer and rode in the Ride For The Roses in Austin Texas. Hope to do more races this year, including some triathalons.

Hello Everybody ! :cool:
I'm from Portugal
And I found this site By google Search
I'm A Hight Sports School TEacher
See you around here

Hi! I decided to use cycling as my 'return to fitness' after a long period of relative inactivity. I've just joined my local (Canberra ACT, Australia) veterans' (that's how long the period of inactivity has been) cycling club and started training towards participating in their road racing program. Hopefully, I'll be around for a while!