Where are you from,what do you do?

Hi all. I'm from Sydney and i'm working on a renewable energy project. I have a mountain bike which has been on three mountain bike races, 1. 24 hr, 2. 8hr races. At the moment i'm riding 3 to 4 times a week and each ride is about 30 km plus. Next week I will be up grading to 45km plus and one big ride each week to work which is 60 km each way.

HI, my name is Will, I'm new to the site , I live in Oceanside CA. and have just started riding again. I would like to meet someone to ride with without joining a club. I`m 49 and would like to also camp and ride up the coast a bit at a time. I`m also intrested in
cross country riding, please e-mail me or post .

Hi guys. I´m venezuelan living in Patagonia Argentina and Y cycle for fun and healthy. Y suffered a heart attack 3 years ago and lost a half of my pumping capacity. I´m now doing about 15km daily (6 days/week) on mountain in may Raleigh M40DX, at 120 ppm max. For now, I´m feeling very good and waiting for buy another more light weight bike. Chao

My name is Matt, I am from Iowa, I'm a fan of trail riding as well as the road. I own a Gfisher, schwinn, and a raleigh super course circa 1970 something. I ride RAGBRAI www.ragbrai.org every year and i recently started riding on a collegiate team at the University of Iowa.

Hi, I am from North Carolina. I ride as much as I can, which is not much now other than a trainer. I'm currently deployed overseas

Hi Everyone. I'm from New Plymouth in New Zealand. I've been riding for a year as a way of regaining my health after cancer. Went from mountian bike to a Avanti Blade Sport but am now looking at either a Giant CRX 2 or a Vivente Nova Elite and would appreciate some feedback here. I'm a pastor in one of the local churches. Love my biking- its my gym and personal challenge. Think I'm too old at 67 to look at drop bar bikes, tho it wld be nice I think.

Thinking of trying around Lake Taupo later this year ( 168 kms)..attempt around Mt. Taranaki last month - 150 ks but had more punctures than spare tubes !! Was running 700 x 23 tyres and think I will revert to 700 x 25 on my new bike.

Hi new here I joined because I read a article I liked.
I'm from Long Island, NY now living in Oklahoma City; and a former Marine.

Hi im Gary, im 19 and i live in wigan uk. i started cycling for fun last year and would like to join a club this year. im hoping to cycle from lands end to john o groats this march which i know will be hard but worth it! I have come to this forum to talk to other cyclist who share my interest for the sport.

TOM MILLAR said:
Hi Everyone. I'm from New Plymouth in New Zealand. I've been riding for a year as a way of regaining my health after cancer. Went from mountian bike to a Avanti Blade Sport but am now looking at either a Giant CRX 2 or a Vivente Nova Elite and would appreciate some feedback here. I'm a pastor in one of the local churches. Love my biking- its my gym and personal challenge. Think I'm too old at 67 to look at drop bar bikes, tho it wld be nice I think.

Thinking of trying around Lake Taupo later this year ( 168 kms)..attempt around Mt. Taranaki last month - 150 ks but

on my jelt

G.Lo said:
Hi im Gary, im 19 and i live in wigan uk. i started cycling for fun last year and would like to join a club this year. im hoping to cycle from lands end to john o groats this march which i know will be hard but worth it! I have come to this forum to talk to other cyclist who share my interest for the sport.
hi my name is steven s from wis
I bike with 2 bike clubs from manitowoc and greenbay wis
I also belong to the friends of marners trail getting in to a bike club is just great
I am thinking of opening a bike shop classess this spring to teach people how to ajust clean maintain threre bikes so they don't have to run to a bike shop for every little thing
you shoud get in to a bike club too they bike everywere. go for it
they might have something like we have here look around like I said go for it.
and have fun fun fun :) ps what bike do you have????

Hi, my name is Larry. I'm a 55 year old business analyst living in west suburban Chicago, IL and am searching for my first recumbent.

I'm leaning towards a LWB USS new or used, and am hoping to stay under $1000 first time out if possible. Feedback is appreciated.

LarryBee said:
Hi, my name is Larry. I'm a 55 year old business analyst living in west suburban Chicago, IL and am searching for my first recumbent.

I'm leaning towards a LWB USS new or used, and am hoping to stay under $1000 first time out if possible. Feedback is appreciated.
you can get them for 700 and up
i becareful of what you buy look at the wheels most are 24" wheels
if possable get bigger ones
there good and bad thing about them
don't go to cheap there are good and bad things about recubent
1 wheel size are small on some bikes 24" another thing climbing hills they don't climb very good.
if you do get one with deore lx xt durailleurs those are very good componts
I know that a lot but it betters the bike burley greenspeed.com are good bikes greenspeed is a neat bike to have 28 gears 27 +1 on the crank you hit a button in gives you a new set of gears hit it a gain back to another gear.
neat bike
another thing there heavy comemoly frame let me know what you think I might beable to help you.
check a round ride one see if you know anyone and ask them .

worked on a few seen them inaction they are confortable but hills small wheels not for me.

hello all....i'm from NC here in the USA.......i'm a new rider, and am trying to lose a bit of baby weight...even though my baby is now 5 years old....i ride a Del Sol LXI 6.2 comfort series bike and i love it!:eek:

Guest said:
:) Im from queenland australia and i cycle for fun and also competitively with a club. im now doing 35k each morning for practice.what do you guys do for practice? 8)
I'm from Austin, TX. At this point in my life, I basically do whatever the hell I feel like doing!

Hey everyone!
I'm from San Francisco but migrated to the East Bay. I just purchased my 1st road bike but still keeping my mountain bike for commuting. Any wisdom to share?

Hello,
I am from Tulsa, Oklahoma. I Buy and sell cars and other items, I ride around Turkey mountain once a year if lucky on a Specialized Expert. I am selling a Mint Full suspension Cannondale V700 for $400 if interested email or Pm me.

I'm from kildare,ireland!!!! i work in a crappy shop in the middle of nowhere!! but i love bike racing! i also do some web design-please visit my fansite dedicated to top irish pro rider Mark Scanlon at www.markscanlonfans.com Thanks!!!:) :p ;)

dynamite Kid said:
I'm from kildare,ireland!!!! i work in a crappy shop in the middle of nowhere!! but i love bike racing! i also do some web design-please visit my fansite dedicated to top irish pro rider Mark Scanlon at www.markscanlonfans.com Thanks!!!:) :p ;)
Hi,

I've olny been to Ireland once, my parents had a farm over there before they passed away. I was not into biking back then, but it is a beautiful country to drive through, I'll bet it is even nicer to ride through. Maybe some day I will get the chance.

CasOCR1 said:
Hi,

I've olny been to Ireland once, my parents had a farm over there before they passed away. I was not into biking back then, but it is a beautiful country to drive through, I'll bet it is even nicer to ride through. Maybe some day I will get the chance.
Cool! where in ireland did they have the farm??? It's a nice country to ride through,but the roads are bad in places! Ah well!!! I hope you definetly get the chance to ride through it some time in your life!!!!!!!:)