Where are you from,what do you do?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Guest, Sep 11, 2001.

1. patch70

patch70 New Member

Riding: About 300km per week. About half each on raod bike and commuting mountain bike. Occasional races.

Day Job: Doctor.

2. JoelinNH

JoelinNH New Member

Howdy! 24, own BMW auto parts salvage biz. Daily commuter in Concord, NH, USA. Depending on schedule, anywhere from 100-200miles+ per week. Thinking of joining up with the NHCyclingClub soon. Want a new bike desperately, but just got engauged, so I'll have to see where things go. Glad to be on board. Cheers-Joel

3. RalleighOke

RalleighOke New Member

Welcome to the forum guys.

PS: omega lambda, ever heard of first impressions....nah, just kidding mate, all of us (and some still) have their names in that list. :D

4. cyclist38

cyclist38 New Member

groningen, netherlands - expat american :) ride daily and looking for a group

5. rozbr

rozbr New Member

I’m 45 from Brazil leaving for a while in USA (until end of 2003) used to ride off-road for fun 400K a month but now injured waiting to know whether I can ride again. Therefore I had time to surf on internet and find this cool site (I was looking for people with similar problems to exchange experience but I couldn’t find). Congratulations for the site. I’ll visit it more frequently.

6. stubacca

stubacca New Member

G'day!

Originally from sunny Queensland, Australia, but have been living in Denver, Colorado for the past 18 months or so. My wife and I really enjoyed getting out skiing on the weekends over the winter, so we're getting into a bit of mountain biking over the summer. So nice to get out of town and enjoy the fresh air and spectacular scenery of Colorado. :D

Also road bike during the week whenever I'm in town.

Great forum here... full of useful tips!:cool:

7. RalleighOke

RalleighOke New Member

This is a conspiracy...where is the SA's. steve, you blocking them?
    Next thing you will see, is Vo2's post going down to 1 :p

8. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey

I'm not sure I follow what your on about there dude, I actually only block the odd spammer and trouble maker :D

cheers

9. Bateleur

Bateleur New Member

I am from Rietfontein, Pretoria in South Africa. Road bikes is my thing. Having a bit of trouble keeping fit in winter now. Looking forward to the 150km Anatomic Jock end of July. RalleighOke ... will you also be doing the Jock?

10. Lazy legs

Lazy legs New Member

Welcome to the forums Bateleur, good to see another South African joining. I'm just around the corner from you - Garsfontein. Hope we see around a lot on the forums.

11. Tour de Lance

Tour de Lance New Member

I'm from Switzerland but I'm italian.

12. RalleighOke

RalleighOke New Member

Not a chance Bateleur...I havn't been on the bike for almost a month now... Part Lazy (winter) and part work hours
    :(

13. Bateleur

Bateleur New Member

Well, I am looking forward to the Jock, but the winter is not doing me any favours. I think I will be taking serious flack end of July. So I will practive what you preach... "pain is temporary, pride is forever".

14. hecklered

hecklered New Member

Hi, from Sydney originally, been in London for the past 16 years, but coming home to Bowral next year, need to sell my house for shedloads and come back with a mountain of cash in my pocket.

Ride on and off road, Danta Cruz Heckler off and Colnago Tecnos on. Love to ride, not enough hours in the day to get the miles in I want with 3 kids and the weather over here, but hey, life is too short to sit behind a desk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sean

15. kitsilano1967

kitsilano1967 New Member

Hi, from Norway originally but have lived in the 2010 Winter Olympics city of Vancouver, Canada since I was nine. Love winter sports and cycling to get in shape for skiing big mountains such as Whistler. I am 54 years old, accountant by trade and cycle about 700 km per month on my road bike. I commute with my mountain bike but not when it's pouring rain. I love it here but am a little apprehensive about the sudden attention that the Olympics will bring, not to mention all the constuction and traffick along my favourite cycling routes.

16. David_Zen

David_Zen New Member

I'm from Belize, Central America.

I'm a new rider....heading out for my longest ever ride in just a few minutes.

I develop web sites.

17. Seecyd

Seecyd New Member

Hi guys. I'm from Toronto, Canada... I run and cycle as much as I can ... training for a duathlon. i'm a graphic designer.

18. 2WheelsGood

2WheelsGood New Member

I'm a resident of the wonderful cycling town of San Diego (though I'm stuck in Michigan until December). I raced bikes (primarily road) for about 9 years. I was a computer networking guy until just recently; I quit to go back to school. My major is nutrition, and I hope to combine that with my cycling background and be a sports nutritionist... someday.

19. wamara

wamara New Member

Hey there Kitsilano1967, I'm from Vancouver too. North Vancouver actually but now living and working in Augusta, GA as a wood process engineer. Don't miss the Vancouver rain or the traffic (that will probably double on the way to 2010). Where do you road ride out there?

20. Randal Lovelace

Randal Lovelace New Member

I work for a concrete company, and I make colored sand for swimming pools.

I ride daily (ie commute to work, store, etc)
    Currently making this ride on a Huffy Blue Ridge 18sp MTB, but will have the Lotus Elan 12sp Road bike restored for riding very soon.

Oh and FYI, I'm in Altamonte Springs, FL, USA