Where are you from,what do you do?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Guest, Sep 11, 2001.

1. lurker99

lurker99 New Member

Hello there,

I used to ride an older type of GT mountainbike many years ago but now not able to ride back anymore...I gained too much weight over the years :p

Anyway, I became a photographer later on and captured some of the cycling events.

Do checkout my recent work at http://tmltdl.fotopic.net

Cya guys. Ta ~~

2. Ocicat

Ocicat New Member

I live in St. Louis, Mo, USA, and I work in publishing. My husband and I are casual riders, but now that we have moved to a much more bike-friendly area we're hoping to start riding more regularly. I'm looking forward to lots of tips on gear and such... I'll probably do lots of lurking since as I browse around I'm finding that 99% of the folks here know WAY more about cycling than I do!

Ocicat

3. gdinsmore

gdinsmore New Member

We are Gary and Judy Dinsmore.

We are full time travelers, we have a 34 foot Alpine motor home. For the past two years we have traveled extensively in Canada and the United States. We do not use a car (commonly called a towd) to get around. We use a homebuilt tandem recumbent bicycle for local transportation. The bicycle has a separate drive train for the captian and the stoker, it is all wheel drive. It is also fully suspended and uses Fox Vanilla shocks for suspension. The frame is 4031 chrome molly and is fillet brazed

I consider Bill Patterson my mentor. He gave me a lot of encouragement when I was designing and building this bicycle. Since the inagural ride of February 14, 2002, we have ridden this bicycle 5,600 miles.
    For additional information see;
    www.dinsmore-enterprises.com/Travel_home.html

Gary

4. rudycyclist

rudycyclist New Member

Hey everyone,

I'm from Wisconsin and have started cycling heavily in the summer of '05. I'm racing with a team in the summer of '06 and am very excited about starting up. I am excited to start posting on this forum because of many questions I have and would love to offer any help I can. Thanks!

5. camit34

camit34 New Member

Hello from Colorado. I have recently re-joined the cycling community from a 9 years hiatus. I started cycling in middle school and continued through most of my stint in the Air Force. My favorite bike is my Scott AFD501 that I picked up while stationed in Germany. I put a ton of miles on it in Europe but when I returned state side in '97, something just took me off the bike. Now my son is 10 and he started enjoying bikes last summer. Since then I have been getting more and more interested and have picked it back up. Can't wait for this spring and summer, should be able to get some decent miles in.

Have a good one everybody...

6. grblade

grblade New Member

Hello from GREECE

I am from the mediteranean sea and i am a HONDA motorcycle dealer.I do 50k
    training every day and a long run on saturday like 100k with my pall.We also go to club racing just to have good time.

7. roubiax

roubiax New Member

Hi, I`m from swansea in South Wales. Recently started cycling on a regular basis for the first time in almost 6 years. Apart from the ten minutes to and from work everyday. I`m really getting back in the grove.

8. ed doolan

ed doolan New Member

Ed doolan from Minnesota

9. bomberburning

bomberburning New Member

Hello,

I'm being held hostage by the forum software and am being forced to post this. So send money to {deleted} for my release.

I'm from Randburg in South Africa and am a computer programmer. I am currently confined to an indoor trainer. Indoors.

10. stillroaming

stillroaming New Member

I am from stirling in scotland.I work as a machine operator in a factory.

11. Sevenrider

Sevenrider New Member

Hi, I'm from the finger lakes region of New York. I am a tin knocker.

12. Jersey Jarhead

Jersey Jarhead New Member

Originally from New Jersey. Currently stationed in Okinawa with the United States Marine Corps. If you are interested in riding, drop me a line.

13. Markz

Markz New Member

Hey Jersey! North or South?

14. Jersey Jarhead

Jersey Jarhead New Member

Originally from North Jersey, raised in "BEAUTIFUL" Newark. Graduated for the Prep (SH) in '80. However, family has since moved to Oakhurst.

15. Markz

Markz New Member

Very cool Jersey Jarhead. How is the cycling in Japan? I have my fingers crossed every time I go out here.

16. AZ. Pedaler

AZ. Pedaler New Member

Greetings from the great state of Arizona, I'm pretty new to this whole cycling "thing" just need a great form of exercise that is fairly easy on the knees. I've had my bike a couple years, just getting back into it after a relapse of an old knee injury (unrelated to biking) Take care, Jeff.:)

17. StN

StN New Member

From the USA, and I ride competitively for a living. :) I've came in top 4 in the last 22 races, and won 9 of them. :D

18. Rick Reb

Rick Reb New Member

HI im from florida and enjoy the winter riding.

19. roadie77

roadie77 New Member

I'm 19 and I'm from Fairfax, VA and I've recently been introduced to cycling when I started working at a bike shop, which turned into more than working at a bike shop. :) It has been a little over a year now and I love it :D

20. shortfuse

shortfuse New Member

hello My name is William Stanley from NC originally Now live in McAdoo, PA

I know what prompted me to move here Need hole in the head!!!
    Take a whole food vitamin but need to eat more healthy.
    Hope to see much of the people in the forum
    By the way I'm an electrician by years of experience