Where are you from,what do you do?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Guest, Sep 11, 2001.

1. abbo7

abbo7 New Member

My name is Adam and I am from the USA and reside in Florida. I study anthropology and will be studying chemistry after graduation in may. I am new to road bikes, looking for my first one to buy.

2. badfish

badfish New Member

I live in southeast Kansas, and like to ride my mountain bike around all the strip mines that dot our landscape. I'm looking at making the plunge into road riding after I sweat out a construction internship in Texas this summer.

3. heather sword

heather sword New Member

I live in Watford, Herts, UK. I work as an administrator for the NHS :eek: . I've been cycling on and off (!) since I was at junior school, hobby only, no racing. I am a member of Spokes cycling club and probably only do 50 miles a week.

4. darbster

darbster New Member

Im Matt. just joined. I'm gonna try and cycle sections of europe over the summer, and need some advice. I have cycle a fair bit, but am no way in the 35k a day area. Cycle to work every day though.

5. kennedy

kennedy New Member

:)

6. alan33

alan33 New Member

I'M ALAN. I live in Tallahassee, Florida I started riding when I was 8 and haven't stopped yet. I began using my bike as primary transportaion 18 months ago. I bike to work daily and bike 60+ miles biweekly to the beach. :)

7. kennedy

kennedy New Member

hi i am kennedy we have affordable exortic mobile phones for sale in our company.interested buyer should contact [email protected].

8. heavy

heavy New Member

My name is Tom, and I live by the Missouri river in the middle of South Dakota, USA. I'm a lawyer by trade and, as with many of my neighbors, I am here primarily because I enjoy outdoor sports. The pace of life is a bit less frantic out here. Cars and trees tend to be a bit sparser than for many of you, I am sure.

I've been bicycling for recreation since the early 70s, but I enjoy it more now than ever. I look forward to picking up some good information on this forum, so thanks to the parties responsible. I don't know why it took so long to find you, but I am happy to be here.

9. amartinez

amartinez New Member

I'm from Argentina (La Plata City, near Buenos Aires), age group (43) long course triathlete training for IM Brazil on may-28

Ale.

10. kmrivers

kmrivers New Member

My name is Kevin. I am from Chicago, Illinois. I am a college student majoring in Journalism with a minor in Japnese and East Asian Studies. I am looking for a commuting bike and plan on doing biking in Japan, China, and wherever else I decide to go!

11. wme1221

wme1221 New Member

Live in small Middle GA town. Male, married, 1 child (teenage daughter).
    Hobbies: sing, act, recreational runner/walker/biker, read, computer
    Work: U.S. Air Force (civilian)
    Bike: Schwinn cruiser I got at Target.

12. EAE

EAE New Member

I recently relocated from Texas to Westerville Ohio. I'm an accountant and have been riding for about 1 1/2 years.

13. Mash3

Mash3 New Member

I'm Los Angeles, CA, near griffith Park. A great place to ride!

I worked 12 years in bike shops in the Midwest: Bikeland in Oshkosh, WI 1985-1993, and at The Bikesmiths in Milwaukee, WI 1993-1997. I used to race USCA Junior back in the '80s, winning a few races. I also was in early on mountain biking, buying my first Mongoose Mtn. bike in 1985.

Now I'm a Recording Engineer here in Hollywood, as well as a musician. Married 8 years, no kids.

Cheers!

Greg

14. chfong

chfong New Member

I'm from New York City, the big Apple...

And I'm a computer sys admin...

I have a Bachetta Giro Recumbent and I LOVE IT !!!!

15. themickeyd

themickeyd New Member

I bike commute 5 days a week to my job as a Cardiology Technician at the VA hospital in Lakewood Washington. It's a pretty easy 10 mile round trip commute that includes me pulling a burley trailer to drop my son off at day care on the way. I'm in the Clydesdale group currently at 340 lbs and dropping. And my trusty Cannondale T-700 has carried me and my gear for the last 13 years. I I have just joined the local bike club and look forward to doing rides with them. I have toured before through Vancouver Island and the San Juans and had a blast.

Ron
    Lakewood, WA

16. MikeF0209

MikeF0209 New Member

Hello, i'm from miami Florida. Just put on the first 1000 miles of riding last weekend :)

17. Leafer

Leafer New Member

Hi, just joined the Cycling Forums and happy to be here!

I'm Canadian but living in Alexandria, VA, USA, for the next couple of years. I'm an editor with an environmental/science journal, and unfortunately don't have much time for riding anymore :( - but I'm a long-time, huge fan of the Euro racing scene.

18. Trek_Athlete

Trek_Athlete New Member

Hello everyone! I live in Schenectady, NY. I began cycling in 2005 with the purchase of my first road bike, a 2005 Trek 1200.

19. horizonblue

horizonblue New Member

just saying hello:)

20. wooliferkins

wooliferkins New Member

Hi

Im Neil, from Wantage Oxfordshire UK, I cycle tour on a Geoffrey Butler compact, and ride an Il Pompino. Yeah I know..........