Where are you from,what do you do?

I am from Dayton, Ohio. My real name is Brenda. I work for a large urban school district and am an administrative assistant to the CEO of all business operations. I ride several thousand miles a year and had a custom built frame made last year (Orbea). I belong to the local cycling club that is the second largest in Ohio. I am the club secretary. :)

Our kids are Northern California BMX (bicycle motocross) racers. We have
started a grass roots campaign working with local government here in Elk Grove, CA
to try and get a BMX track built. It's a long term project and we really need
your help.

http://www.ElkGroveBMX.com has been created as a tool to get the word out. When
you have a moment please check out the website and register so we can keep you
up to date with our efforts. Also, please let everyone you know who might be
interested about the website so they to can register and get involved. More
then anything we need residents of the Elk Grove area to show their support.
Registration on the site is key as the e-mail addresses collected will be used
to notify folks of meetings with the Elk Grove parks staff where they can voice
their opinions about what they want to see built in their area parks. Of course
we want a BMX track!

Thank you very much for your help.

Keith & Karen CoBen

www.ElkGroveBMX.com

[email protected]

I reside in Mission, BC (born/raised in Simcoe, Ontario). I do software development for a living and try to commute to work atleast 3 days a week (only about 39k return).

Hello!
I'm french, 20 years old and I love cycling. I often go to cycling competition like Paris-Nice, Tour de France...
I 'am student and I work in a bikes shop. I practice cycling in competition Road & MTB)
I don't speak english very well, so I would like speak with somebody (about cycling for exemple). If you have MSN, you can write me a mail ( [email protected]) with your adress and after I will give my adresse MSN.:p

Thank you very much!
Marine :) :) :) :)

Hi! My name is Julie, 27 years old and I'm from Massachusetts. I am going to do the MS Bike Ride in June for the first time and I am really excited about doing it. I am starting to practice for it. Can anyone offer me some tips? I have a bike but I would like to purchase a better one for this 100 mile ride. :) Is anyone on here from Massachusetts?

pepski said:
I am from Ottawa, On, Bike capital of Canada, (when it's not cold out).
Go Ottawa!! It's getting nice out....

I'm an avid Ottawan biker, formerly of Nova Scotia. Ottawa = better road biking. Nova Scotia = way better mountain biking IMHO

bikinggirl78 said:
Hi! My name is Julie, 27 years old and I'm from Massachusetts. I am going to do the MS Bike Ride in June for the first time and I am really excited about doing it. I am starting to practice for it. Can anyone offer me some tips? I have a bike but I would like to purchase a better one for this 100 mile ride. :) Is anyone on here from Massachusetts?
Welcome to the forum. I'm on the south shore. Nice to see another New Englander here.... :cool:

Hello. I am from temecula calif. and I am a mountain biker. I will be riding in nextweeks 50 mile fun ride from Rosarito Mex to Ensenada Mex.

I'm a looser student trying to get into lawschool here in Sacramento, Ca (it's the capitol of California). I ride a giant tcr, and have yet to put more than 45 miles on my bike in a day (i've got six hundered miles in about as many months - not including whatever mileage i'd put on with the trainer).

In re: the kid trying to get a bmx track put up in elk grove - have you tried pushing the ironpoint track in folsom? I know the roseville track is pretty popular. I don't know that the competition is a smart buisness move at the moment (unless you've got massive land out near wilton, and then you have a private enterprise so go for it but for a county sanctioned track you've really got to play politics).

Hello world, I'm Blake, a sports journalist, and I live in Leeds and I'm looking for a cycling partner to ride from Land's End to John O'Groats. I'm pretty much a Leyman when it comes to bikes so don't particularly want to embark on a 1,000-mile trek solo. I love a challenge and have wanted to do this for years but have been put off by work commitments. I am looking for a big endurance challenge to kick-off what I hope will be the start of some bigger endurance adventures in the future (Everest is the dream but that's a few years off yet!). If anyone is interested in planning for a LEJOG trek some time in 2006 or knows of anyone they can put me in touch with who is, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
[email protected]

Hi All.

I'm Paul a 41 year old Technical Architect from Hertfordshire in the UK. I ride a Marin Rock Springs MTB and also have a Dawes Hybrid for the road. I will be riding in the London - Brighton on June 18th and am then looking to move into some serious downhill fun.

Hi, I'm James and I currently reside in Saint Louis. I put my bike info in my signature along with my favorite LBS and the place I hang out on the weekends, BicycleWorks. It's this non profit shop that helps the little neighborhood kids fix their bikes and if they participate in all the classes can earn a bike. Anyway it's pretty cool, we're actually providing mechanical support for Earth Day 2006 in STL.

Maybe if I feel inspired I'll write more until then I have some questions.

Hello all,

I am new to the site and the sport. At this point I would not say i am in it for the sport but am just getting into it. I just started commuting to work 8.11 miles on my bike. I will say I have looked at some sites and know that I will easily get hooked on it. But I will say man these things can cost an arm and a leg but if they do than we wouldn't be able to ride would we? Or at the very least it would be a very odd circle.

I look forward to talking with you all and learning more about cycling.

Cheers,
Chris
Centreville VA.

Hi People,

I just found the site. I'm no hardcore cyclist but more of a general fitness enthusiast. I'm living in Taiwan for now and looking forward to spending some time hanging around these boards.

4damz

I`m from rantoul, il. which is just north of champaign (UI). Ride for fun and fitness. Do some triathlons. Did my first marathon last weekend in st. louis. Plan to do my first century ride in oct. ( apple cider century ) three oaks, mi.:rolleyes:

Hello everyone,
I have burning question? I have a pair of louis garneau tri/road shoes. paid just under $100. Do the upper end shoes really make that much difference? I`m talking $200+ range. Are they that much stiffer? Are they a really better platform? Thanks for your help.:confused: