Where are you from,what do you do?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Guest, Sep 11, 2001.

1. Hidden1229

Hidden1229 New Member

this site has a bunch of folding bikes http://bikesarecool.com/

hope it helps!

2. vp racer

vp racer New Member

I live in Marin county in Northern California and it's the best place to chill and ride bikes. I ride on the road about thirteen hours a week and work in a local shop on the weekends. Bikes i own 2005 S-sworks roubaix with campy record and mavic es wheels and I have gold blur Lt. Have A GOOD RIDE! peace from nor cal

3. jamesdemien

jamesdemien New Member

Saint Louis, Missouri...
    I own an Ad Agency and a Merlin Bike. I am considering parking my VW and riding the bike full time...

I also am not very fond of lazy ass people who sit around playing vidoe games on saturday afternoon...

4. kapinto

kapinto New Member

Keith here, from Rochester, NY.
    Nice to see all the great input here at the forum.

5. ken888

ken888 New Member

Hi All, Ken from Sydney, Australia. Great to get good info on cycling etc. ken

6. stormies

stormies New Member

Where - Mississauga, Canada - just relocated from Johannesburg, South Africa

Riding - XC Mountain biker

Stormies

7. gem369

gem369 New Member

G'day!! Meg here from Australia.

Great to be online here with you all!!

8. rrsamac

rrsamac New Member

Hi, Ross from Perth.

Change of work location last year now means a bike commute each day. Looking to upgrade the old MTB to something slightly quicker.

Lots of good advice here (perhaps too much!). Decisions, decisions.

9. zacu1

zacu1 New Member

I'm Zach. I'm an actor/writer in Chicago, and to pay the bills I'm the worst document clerk a Chicago law firm has ever seen. For one more week. Then I cart me, everything I own, and my Specialized Tri-Sport back to Colorado, and in 20 days I start the Transamerica trail, east to west.

Wish me luck.

10. Urbanbike

Urbanbike New Member

LOL Zach - "and to pay the bills I'm the worst document clerk a Chicago law firm has ever seen" At least you're comfortable being honest.

11. Romis

Romis New Member

Hi all, I,m from Latvia, Riga, not sure you all know but it is in the Baltic countries - Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania...
    I am an XC rider amateur, not so long ago started training seriously for races :)

12. Scotslad

Scotslad New Member

Hi I'm orginally from Scotland now livinging in Indianapolis, Indiana. I used to cycle endless while living in Scotland but have since lost touch and hoping to get back into the flow with the flat lands of Indiana.:D

13. Sean Kelly

Sean Kelly New Member

Lost in Sweden.....getting back on the bike for the first time in many years and cant wait!:p

14. Moo

Moo New Member

My name is Moo, and yes that is my name! I live in Qld ,Australia, been riding on and off for about 20 years. Best ride I averaged 5okms, last ride, 5 months ago. Surgery on Friday 5.5.06 for lateral release on both knees. riding will be limited for about 10 weeks :( Not a happy Moo :mad: Love non technical single tracks, and maintain fitness on road and with my personal trainer. More experience on the single tracks and I hope to achieve the 5okm Hidden Valley epic one day, and maybe the 24hr bike ride in Kooralbyn. . . one day. Fix the cranky knees first.

15. fraser1203

fraser1203 New Member

Hi there,

From Scotland, but have been in Brittany, France for the last 3 years, where the cycling is by far the national sport! :D

Cheers,

16. lcarey2

lcarey2 New Member

Do you live in Dallas or nearby? I am in Allen, not a fast cyclist by any means but would like to find someone to ride with at least occasionally. I'm in Allen, N or Plano.
    Lara

17. graphixgeek

graphixgeek New Member

I'm Dante from Ohio...I used to race XC, DH, and DS MTB from '93 to '96. Now I am a full-time college student and thinking of getting back into the racing game....road now though with some MTB...

18. DarkPhoenixTSi

DarkPhoenixTSi New Member

Hey guys,

I am yet another transplanted Scotsman, living in NY for the past 20 years. Just got into MTB again, after a 10 year hiatus (Military duty).

Just picked up a Mongoose Exile Full Suspension and plan on riding it hard!

Cheers!

19. equality7

equality7 New Member

Hey All, I'm in the Orlando, FL area and I've started commuting to work several days a week; 19 miles each way. My old '95 model R600 Cannondale needs a little work, but still rides great. Gonna get back in shape and maybe try to compete one day.

20. poweredbysweat

poweredbysweat New Member

I'm from Fort Collins, CO. I'm a Retiree in Training. I've worked 25 years as an Engineer. I am also the creator of the Oil-Free and Happy website, which encourages Alternative Transportation.