Where are you from,what do you do?

I'm from the States but currently living in Kaohsiung, Taiwan. I teach English as a second language and spend time biking to and from work as well as around town. Looking forward to doing a bit of touring around the island in the future.

hi,

i live in grimsby lincolshire in the uk,i currently ride a 1990 raleigh triathalon with shimano 105 gears as my commuting to work bike,and for a weekend bike i have a 2005 claud butler roubaix,nice bike but want to upgrade groupset and wheels,i love my cycling a short ride for me is normally a 30 mile round trip!i currently work in the motortrade as a panel beater.is there anyone else from grimsby in this forum?

Name is Tom, from Salem Oregon.

I have a stable of three Torelli's. A Gran Sasso (Columbus Thron) is my rain bike, a 20th anniversary built by Antonio Mondonico, and I just picked up an Ultrafoco with carbon seatstays for racing.

Next bike is gonna be a tandem, then after that I may look into a Vanilla or Sachs somewhere down the line..

I'm the fixed operations manager for an auto dealership.

Hi all,

Paul from South Shields (thats England UK). I'm a lorry driver so don't get as much time as i'd like to to ride bikes but still like to go off for a few miles when I get the chance

Hello all,

I live in central Mississippi. I am returning to biking after about 15 years. Any tips for a 56 year old would be appreciated.

I'm from Cambridge, MA...now living in Norton, MA and I'm a child and family psychotherapist. Cheers to all!

Hi, I am a 48 year old Electronics Engineer from Minnesota looking to return to a sport that I have always loved after a 15 year hiatus. Wish me luck.

My name is Adam and I'm from Little Rock, AR, USA. I've long wanted to get into road biking so I spent my tax return on a new road bike. When it arrives I'll post pictures. This site was heavily searched while making my decision on what bike to buy, and I'm grateful for the wealth of knowledge.

proto_53 said:
Never heard of Riding. Which state is it in? :)
Not a state as yet, as Mr. Blair has not so far signed us over completely. The ancient county of Yorkshire (England) was divided into four Ridings, North, South, East and West.

This laborious gag of mine is borrowed from a cartoon (circa 1950) - man apologising to his dancing partner "Sorry, I'm a little stiff from riding", lady replying "I couldn't care less where you're from". In this sense "stiff" means comatose or lacking in presence.

Heigh-ho, it was funny in England - in 1950!
Sorry!
:eek:
John.
P.S. By way of apology - good picture of the founding fathers of the Worthing Excelsior Cycling Club (estab 1887) in the gallery section.

Hi all just joined. I"m from Canada in northern Quebec on the eastern hudson bay coast 58.5 parrallel "eastern arctic". I'm about top become a retired music Engineer-producer of Inuit music. Probably end of this year or next. Besides that I work as an Educator at a Re-Integration Centre.
I used to bike when I was youger, but haven't owned a bike in many, many moons. Two days ago I went and bought four "Raleigh mountain bikes" for the family. Mine is the MTB Tomahawk. So far I like it, but want a more comfortable seat for my Rear bones. It's not the best bike in the world, but like it. I've check a lot of manufacturers out on the web and man you can really spend if you want to, but this will do for us. We've only got 2 klm of asphalt from one end of town to the other, atv trails, gravel roads with a lot of pot holes, washboard, tundra etc... and have snow until june.
:D

From Northern Nevada, 1 hour east of Reno. I bike to work every day (20 miles rt), but now I want to start training seriously.

Howdy all, I'm In Washington, DC... just saying Hi for now, got a lot of reading to do :)

very cool forum though,
I'll talk to y'all later.
Peter

Greetings from England. I'm a 47 year old commuter with three bikes. Great site and thanks to all you experts who contibute!!

Hey Ya'll. I'm here in sunny Florida, where the rain hasn't been on the plain for awhile, and it's drying up. I'm a retired federal employee, and have been pushing pedals for just about all my life. That doesnt make me an expert on this, except maybe sweating.

Hi everyone! My name is Fernando and I am from Melbourne, Australia.

I am also promoting our new Bicycle Users Group (BUG) in the city council of Brimbank, on the Western suburbs of Melbourne. Brimbank encorporates Keilor, Keilor Downs, Keilor Village, Kealba, Taylors Lakes, Delahey, Sunshine, Sydneham, etc.

Come and check us out at ...

http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/brimbug/

See you there!