Where are you from,what do you do?

i am from south africa. i train approx 5 X week in winter and most days in summer, complimenting it with pilates for core and hill strenght. cycle for enjoyment/relaxation and competitively during race season.:)

I am from tuckerton,New Jersey. I love to ride and just got into racing with a team. I have watched myself progress pretty far and hope to see the future on a bike.

Hey all! I'm a 22 year old college student from Bethlehem Pennsylvania. I just recently picked up cycling again. Its been a heck of a long time, and I figure the best way to keep myself motivated is to immerse myself. SO say hi! :)

Been riding awhile, but just joined here.

Just moved to Charlotte, NC from beautiful and cycling-friendly San Diego. :eek:

I work for a manufacturer, managing most of our business with retailers in the US.

Hi all :) , great site...been cycling the streets of London for 20 years, almost daily, rain or shine. I'm studying to be a homeotherapist :rolleyes: .
Take care all,
M-Å-R

Where: I'm from Colorado, just east of Boulder.

What: I ride road bike and am interested in endurance riding. I get about 6-10 hours of exercise a week total, and ride on average about 160 km a week. During the day I build GPS receivers.

From MN, USA, currently a grad student doing a research stint in Yokohama, Japan. I use a bike to commute and for touring. I also run and play Ultimate frisbee.

I appreciate the helpful community on this forum and hope that I can be helpful in kind now and then as well, with minimal hubris (there's always someone wiser or more experienced, fortunately).

I am in Olympia Wa. USA. Been retired for 7 yrs, Love to ride the bike paths in the area. I ride a giant sedona with road tires.

Where: NW of Houston TX. No longer safe to ride in my area with all the country boys but I have a very long neighborhood I can do laps in.

Who: I'm a has been. Raced on the Jr national team as a track sprinter in highschool but didn't last much beyond that. graduated last year in Finance and Banking and am looking for a job. I just hope I can find a job in a more cyclist friendly area. I'd really like to get back into it.

Hi. I have a knee problem. 2 1/2 years ago, I was hit by a car and suffered a stroke, which while minor, left me with a slight limp and caused my right knee to be somewhat weak. When I cycle, my right knee tend to buckle inwards, and scrapes the center bar. If I concentrate, I can stop this, but it would be nice to have either exercises, or possibly a brace which I can where until my leg gets stronger through bike riding. Anyone know of anything?

Paul

Paul S said:
Hi. I have a knee problem. 2 1/2 years ago, I was hit by a car and suffered a stroke, which while minor, left me with a slight limp and caused my right knee to be somewhat weak. When I cycle, my right knee tend to buckle inwards, and scrapes the center bar. If I concentrate, I can stop this, but it would be nice to have either exercises, or possibly a brace which I can where until my leg gets stronger through bike riding. Anyone know of anything?

Paul

Do it with your good leg too!!!
;)

A lot of pros do it to reduce wind resistence.....

Hi all. Like bobd323 above (whom I do not know) I am retired and also live in Olympia, WA. I haven't cycled since I was a kid with my old Westfield back in New England. I just bought a new hybrid/comfort bike to ride through the neighborhoods and bike trails. Recently had arthroscopic knee surgery (both knees) and the doc thought biking would be good rehab for me. Very "joint-friendly" he said. So far, I am learning a lot from this forum. Cheers!:)

Hi.everyone nice to meet you!

Im in SHINJUKU,TOKYO,JAPAN,
Last night Japan Soccer team drawed the game of Croatia.

My favorite thing is cycling arround anywhere.
Sometimes I try a triathlon.
Last month I tried Honolulu Triathron.

I have a mountainbike, and have been using my bike to triathlon.
But my bike is little bit heavy.
For getting better my record, I want to have my lighter road bike.
So I joined the forum,it's my reason.

Hello all, just registered. Hail from the North Shore area of Massachusetts (the other North Shore).

I'm primarily a mountain biker. Road riding scares me. If you've ever driven a car here in Mass. you understand

Hello all,

new to cyc forum. didnt know this even existed...great site

from St. louis, Sales for a Catastrophe Restoration (fire, smoke, water, mold)company. Ride about 50-80 miles a week ona mtb (mostly road or paved trail).

came to cyc forum to get info on a road bike to buy...options are

trek pilot 2.1
Schwinn fastback comp
raliegh super course

I actually found the schwinn (brand new, last years model) online for about $300 less than my LBS, and I am wondering if I should get it. anyone know of issues with warrantees from the online liquidators?

hang loose!

New to this forum. I am from Southern California. Heading out for an eight day ride in the northern part of Newfoundland, Canada

Hello all. I'm from Southwest Missouri. I'm 55 and have arthritis in both knees (need to get them replaced but waiting as long as I can) and needed a form of exercise that would not wreck them. I had been using an Air-Dyne for the last year or so and found it terribly boring. Borrowed son's bike one day and went to the bike shop the next. I have a bad back too (two previous lower back surgeries) and wanted something comfortable. I bought a Trek Navigator 200 and had them change out the twist grip shifters to some Shimano's that work on levers - much more positive shifting IMHO. I'm a pretty big fellow (6'1" and weigh about 260) and the 21" Navigator seems to fit pretty well. I live out in the country and ride on chip and seal roads, on the highway shoulder and occasionally take the bike into town to ride dedicated bike trails. I'm really enjoying the bike that I've had for a bit over a month now and am riding 60+ miles per week now. I know it's not a high end bike but for where and how I ride, it seems to have been a good choice. I'm happy with it and I think that is the main thing. It is not wrecking the knees and actually seems to be helping with the comfort level there. Some weight is naturally coming off too, though can't say the pounds are just melting away LOL.

As far as what I do, I manage White River Valley Environmental Services, it's a subsidiary of our local electric cooperative. We sell, install, operate and maintain water and advanced wastewater systems. We take care of about 4,000 customers around Table Rock Lake. I have ten employees now that report to me. This is a major population growth area with some pretty unique environmental issues relating to water quality and there is a lot of demand for what we do. Keeps me pretty busy. And looking for more time to get on the bike.

Best to you all, I look forward to learning a lot from this site.