Where are you from,what do you do?

New to the forums. My name is Ryan and I am an attorney from St. Louis. I primarily ride my road bike but will break out my mountain bike a couple times a year.

I am from Austin, Texas. I am 23 (turning 24 in a month). I am an IC design engineer by profession. :)

I am new here, and from Yorba Linda, California. I've started riding to work recently, and am a Systems/Database Administrator by profession.

Hi I'm Elad. I live in Camp Hill, PA. I am a bus driver for local school. Free time sharing between grandchildren and cycling.

I am from Florida. I am an expert witness paralegal and a gourmet cook. I have copper pots that I bought when I was a young wife and finally have my dream kitchen to use them and cook. I have saved them for many , many years. My question for any cook is how to pre treat copper pots if needed and how to cok with them properly. Clean etc. Do they maintain appropriate heat or cook quickly etc.. Any help from any fellow gourmet will be appreciated.

YAy;) ASAND

Hey all :)

I'm Tim from Leeds in the UK. I've just started getting into cycling mainly for fitness and commuting the 8 or so miles each way to work everyday. Other than cycling i climb, ride motorbikes and practice martial arts ..... so pretty much a mixed bag of everything!! :D lol

Just purchased a Dawes Giro 300 that was painful to ride for the first time, but since then I've had my younger bro and a few other tri-athlete kinda friends help me get it sorted out and it's much better. next stop is a computer and some clipless shoes!! :)

Tim.

Hey all I am from Pittsburgh, PA in the good old US. I am a network admin for the DOJ. I am new to the cycling world so bare with me.:D

i am trying to find a friend of mine that had the shop at roseburn in edinburgh,(alexander paterson)he shut shop and moved to a new one in edinburgh some place,
if anyone can help that would be great,
all the best
lawrence

Hi,

I'm 53 from Severn, MD. Preparing for a Cross Country tour in June 2010. I know, it's a long time away, but I haven't done much cycling and need to train (goal is 40,000 miles), save about $20,000, and save up 60 days worth of leave. I don't have a bicycle now, but will do all my training indoors. Will buy a good indoor trainer next year, but for now traiing at a gym. I am planning on buying a Pinarello Bike for the trip made to my specifications. Going to buy the best equipment available. Any hints on long distant training or what I need to take or do will be appreciated.

Dan Earhart

:)Hai guy's. I am Indonesian, and new comer in cycling, so please give me advise for technic MTB and Cros country, what the complete book I have to read for that technic. I use Rocky mountain ETSX-50.

tnx

:D Greetings from sunny Az.

My name is Bob, and I am a retired Sr. Equipment designer.

I have raced both road and mtn bikes. I have labored as a domestic and as a team wrench when I was single. After 20 years of marriage ended badly I left the material world of critical design reviews and SUV’s and went to work at a high end bike shop and discovered mtn biking. Now days I head the CADD department for an international Tensioned Fabric Structure manufacturer.

Quincy, Massachusetts USA
I own pizza shop
doing my first Ironman July 23,06

going to the race to replace lance
I'm pretty sure i won't be the replacement but it should be cool

WorldWind said:
:D Greetings from sunny Az.

My name is Bob, and I am a retired Sr. Equipment designer.

I have raced both road and mtn bikes. I have labored as a domestic and as a team wrench when I was single. After 20 years of marriage ended badly I left the material world of critical design reviews and SUV’s and went to work at a high end bike shop and discovered mtn biking. Now days I head the CADD department for an international Tensioned Fabric Structure manufacturer.

thats a lot fancier then a pizzaman

Where - Southeastern Pennsylvania, US

What - Traffic manager and freight coordinator for a turf grass company (re: blue collar job)

My family (Wife, son and myself) have recently jumped (both feet) into all types of outdoor activity. Haven't been on a bike in 15+ years, but thoroughly enjoying it now. Also picked up canoeing and hiking/backpacking in the past year.

Where: Philadelphia, PA, USA

What I do? Pharmacist in training (2 years of school left :( ) Right now I am working at the hospital preparing chemotherapy drugs for the cancer patients.

I got myself into cycling this summer with my first big purchase. Treak 2200 Road Bike, and right now, I think i am addicted to cycling. Good to meet all of you.

I am from Dedham, MA and teach. Currently I am researching police bicycle patrol effectiveness

I have competed a study of bicycle patrols in 5 east coast cities. I found by counting and coding contacts that bike patrols offer over twice the yield of activity compared to cars. The tactical advantages are also numerous.

The goal for these patrols is policing not biking; however training seems to make a difference. Yet even in the city that offered no bike patrol training, activity including serious contacts were higher for officers on bicycles