Where are you from,what do you do?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Guest, Sep 11, 2001.

1. HowardSteele

HowardSteele New Member

2. scottmilk9

scottmilk9 New Member

Hello all. I am Scott from Chandler, AZ. I used to ride quite a lot when i was stationed in Augsburg,Germany(88-92) then i rode mountain bikes exclusively while living in oklahoma. I havnt ridden in the past 8 years, but just recently bought a new Tommaso road bike and can't wait to get out on the road.

I am a parts Manager for a nationwide motorsports company. I am looking forward to being a part of the cycling community again.

3. dook

dook New Member

i am form bowral in nsw australia, i am a student and just got my first road bike a week ago

4. trainee champ

trainee champ New Member

I'm from Victoria. I bought my first road bike a year ago - an Azzurri Uno. It's a great bike - I recommend them to any beginners like me. I try and ride 150k's a week.

5. daver101

daver101 New Member

I'm Dave from St. Louis. I ride for fun and fitness, and I've decided to do the Gateway MS150 ride in September. I ride about 30 - 60 miles a week, would love to do more, but my three kids keep my rides to a bare minimum. Nice to be here!:)

6. P.I.

P.I. New Member

7. P.I.

P.I. New Member

I'm currently seeking background information on Allen Lee Ross/ aka Allen Lee Gharet who attended school in Oswego Ill. He was a junior in 1969 and is 53 years old. He later lived in Aurora Ill. and was allegedly married to a woman named Patty. In 1974 was charged, tried and convicted Contributing to the Delinquency of Children. It was after this that he apparently moved to Wisconsin and became Allen Lee Gharet. In 1988 he obtained an Oklahoma Driving License under the name of Allen Lee Gharet. He claimed to have been a Pastor for the Methodist Diocese but was never ordained. He did have a ministerial certificate but it was revoked in either 2003 or 2004. He is now a lay preacher in a small Oklahoma town called Prague and "preaches" for the First Christian Church of Prague. Anyone having information about this individual or his activities please contact me.

8. jbrownfield

jbrownfield New Member

Hi all,

Avid cyclist here-regular commuter to work and average 5000 miles plus per year.(more miles on bike than truck) Hail from Dallas ,Texas:)

9. lizski

lizski New Member

I live in Utah and am very new to the whole biking thing. The spouse has been riding on and off since he was a teenager, and thought it would be a good way to get us in shape for ski season (our main focus). Since he had a pretty serious mountain biking accident a few years back (involving a downhill, an unleashed dog, and a grove of aspens :eek: ), we are doing the road biking thing. I'm not the most coordinated person in the world (it took me a while to master the whole stopping-with-cleats thing, and drinking on the fly is still a challenge), but I'm having fun.

We have been riding about 150 miles a week for the last couple of months, and I'm here mostly to get some woman-specific info. The husband is great about advice on most things, but there are just some anatomical issues that he can't help me with! ;)

10. Dunners Dan

Dunners Dan New Member

Hi all!
    I'm from New Zealand! Currently I am based in North America doing some racing. I just competed in the BC Superweek, which was extremely competitive with riders from all over attending including Navigators, Health-net and Symmetrics. I am a New Zealand deaf rider and represented New Zealand at the World Deaf Cycling Championships. I only started training and racing since May 2005 but already racing up at Pro 1,2 level, however racing this category is not easy at all... especially the recent superweek where I could not handle the pace of some of the criteriums! I recently completed my Masters thesis on Sister City Relationships between NZ and Chinese cities and now using the time in between study and my future job to race hard and travel around North America. Cheers!
    ps check out my website: www.dunnersdan.com

11. bartier

bartier New Member

I am from Thornlands which is not to far south of Brisbane. I have been riding bikes for as long as I can remember but only with in the last year have I become involved in road bikes. I am planning on competing in the Gatorade triathlon series this season and am currently running in the USM fun run series. :)

12. happybuddha

happybuddha New Member

Hi to All,

I just signed up for the board as I'm looking to get back into cycling after letting my body go to seed for 20 years. I'm way overweight, but have lost 20k+ in the last 3 months and plan to lose a lot more. I injured a knee and just had arthroscopic surgery and as soon as that's healed I plan to start riding.

I'm an American but I've been living in Asia for 17 years, I'm in Guangzhou, China now though I've lived a few other places (Hong Kong, Philippines and Tianjin, China). I work for a sporting goods company and run the China office.

Cheers,
    Drew

13. pedals

pedals New Member

I am from the ms gulf coast. I am in the 11th grade. I ride about four days a week and run the other three.

14. wakarusaslowrcr

wakarusaslowrcr New Member

Greetings! I am a 40 year old, Cat 5 Beginner! Doesn't much greener than I am! :D

I'm from East Central Kansas, USA and am a Business Manager for a Small Sign Company. I will be competing in the occasional crit, TT and maybe a short road race or 2. Enjoy the group riding and it's a good way to stay fit.

15. teamobile

teamobile New Member

hello my name is rob from bristol, england. i have just got back from alp d'uez. 1;45 for the climb.not brilliant but i did it.

used to be very keen cyclist, mainly mountain biking, after 15 months in sydney as a courier i kind of lost my love for our two wheel friend, still can't miss the tour though. getting back into it now and want to knock at least half an hour of my time next time.

regards rob

16. squik

squik New Member

Hello, my Name is Erik, I am from Bloomington IN and attend Indiana University, I race like it is my job ( I wish it was)

17. beagle77

beagle77 New Member

Hi to all,
    I am from Wakeman, Ohio about 35 miles west of Cleveland, Ohio. I enjoy riding road, mountain and recumbent cycles. Hope to ride with some of you in the next Pedal to the Point MS150 ride in August. Have a great day! Brian.

18. fishNbike

fishNbike New Member

State of Washington, USA; 53yrs; Network Technician; I bike because I fish; biking is a good, quick way to get up and down the river.

19. eyeoutthere

eyeoutthere New Member

25 years old

I am from Owego, NY USA.

I am an Electronic Warfare Systems Engineer for Lockheed Martin.

I bike because I need a low impact replacement for running (running has taken it's toll on my joints).

20. biker 2006

biker 2006 New Member

Va truck driver....occassional mountain biker