Where are you from,what do you do?

Hello. I work for a local Health Network mainly with oxygen. I ride a mountain bike like a road bike.

hi all,

I am from Cleveland, Ohio and I used to be as addicted to USCF road racing, crits and time trials as anyone out there. but somewhere along the last 15 years I stopped racing and even riding. I on occasion pull out my bridgestone MB-zip and tow my daughter around the neighborhood or hop on one of my 18 year old road bikes for a short spin.

I am looking at buying a new bike and since I am so far removed from cycling, the new bikes and geometries have got me a bit confused.

I am going to scour these forums and ask questions to hopefully catch up. I hope to be able to help others as well as my knowledge base grows.

Ray

Guest said:
:) Im from queenland australia and i cycle for fun and also competitively with a club. im now doing 35k each morning for practice.what do you guys do for practice? 8)
Architect in Cleveland, Ohio, USA

Well, folks, since I've been getting these nagging messages every time I lurk here, I'll 'fess up. I live in Ontario, Canada and I'm retired. Been riding "real" bikes on and off (mostly off) for over 60 years. I currently have three vintage bikes, an old French Jeunet track bike, a Nishiki Landau touring bike and my pride and joy, a Nishiki Ultimate all Nuovo Record road bike with tubulars.

Hi

I am from Hampshire in the UK. I founded "The Solent Coasts Cycling Challenge", an anuual cycling challenge mainly for mountain bikes, but not exclusively. We have had road biles and even unicyclcles taking part. It is a 66 mile circular route involving 6 great ferry journeys, but all to be complated in a day. If you want more info, or to take part next year, please contact me ot visit our web site at http://www.solent-challenge.org.uk/

:) I trade stocks for a living in SF bay area. Just got my first road bike (flatbar Bianchi Strada) yesterday. I love it. the ride is awesome!!

I'm currently seeking information on Allen Lee Ross who went to school in Oswego Ill. in 1969-70.

Guest said:
;D ;D
I am also from Ballarat, Victoria.

Rode my bike hmmm twice in the last 12 months!
Prefer to ride Horses but you cannot get fit riding them!

Like watching racing - have not raced myself.

Day job is Helpdesk Supervisor.
I'm from Ohio and I've probably ridden my bike twice in the last year also! I work part-time as a home health nurse and homeschool three children. Not much time to ride. I am a fairly new cycling fan, and love to learn and talk about it, but the rest of my family is growing weary of my new obsession.

This is Chic....avid weekend warrior often seen
bent and breathing heavily on south shore back roads every March til November.

Developing a fun project that some of you may have an idea or even an interest in getting involved..My two great joys in life are golf and riding. With some extended time coming uo in Dec I have located a golf bag maker
in China that will build me a proto type and then if it BECOMES VIABLE HE will do small oroduction runS

t
THE BAS MUST BE LIGHT BUT SUITABLE TO CARRY ALL THE CLUBS,ETC AND IT MUST MOUNT FIRNLY ON THE BACK FRANE. THEREFORE WE HAVE CONCLUDED THAT THE BAG SHOULD MADE OF NYLON FOR THE WEIGHT and that it should split vertically with each side mounting on either side of the back frame.

iN ADDITION THERE SHOULD ROOM FOR ADDITION PAnnIERS ETC FOR EXTENDED TRIPS.

i HAVE VISIONS OF A GOLF TOUR STARTING BURLINGTON, vt, sTOWE,sUGARBUSH,qUECCHEE RIGHT ON DOWN TO mASSACHUSSETTS WITH THE LAST RIOUND AT THE COUNTRY cLUB IN bROOKLINE.

wE GET UP EARly gET OUR 30-40 QUICK MILES.cHECK INtO THE CLUB, PUT OUR FEET UP FOR AN HOUR AND THEN HEAD FOR THE COURSE.......7 DAYS OF pARADISE.

i NEED HELP DESIGNING THIS GOLG bag.....ANY EXPERTS OUT THERE ???

I am from MPLS,MN . I have a Linear recumbant bike. Love the bike.
I have had problems getting a compatible derailer. Any body have any suggestions?
The frame is rectangular and the newer frames are circular which seems to be the problem.

amylouise said:
I'm from Ohio and I've probably ridden my bike twice in the last year also! I work part-time as a home health nurse and homeschool three children. Not much time to ride. I am a fairly new cycling fan, and love to learn and talk about it, but the rest of my family is growing weary of my new obsession.

You are to be applauded for being concerned about staying fit. Fitness is a lifetime commitment just like raising your children. If they are old enough encourage them to ride with you, then all you have to do is to find a safe place to ride and keep an eye on them. I know how hard it is to find the time to ride, I do both but sometimes I find myslef doing it late at night and sometimes not at all and then I feel guilty. Try running to crosstrain too. Cycing uses a whole different set of muscles than running. I used to bike hard every day. I went running with a friend and could not keep up even though I was much more devout in my fitness program. He only ran on weekends and I cycled 60 to 80 miles a week. I now run with my dog but I haven't figured out how to get him to stay on my bike.... Hang in there and don't quit.

Red Steiner

I live in fort scott kansas. I'm a med tech and run the night shift lab at the local hospital. I'm 32 and never married and no children, so I have time and money to do pretty much what I feel like.

I train seven days a week riding 60 miles 5 days a week and two 100 mile rides on the weekends. Recovery riding isn't in my vocabulary and I like to go as fast as possible even if the aches and pains are trying to slow me down. My fastest time so far for my 60 mile ride has been 2 hours 14 minutes. My next road race will be in atlanta kansas if anyone's going to that. I ride a 5.9 SSL and I'll be getting on my cyclocross bike soon for the start of winter racing. During the winter I also enjoy weight lifting.

My other obsession is playing the tenor sax and have done that for about 20 years now. I'm a jazz addict having amassed and unhealthy amount of the classic straight and avant-garde albums from the 50's and 60's.

e-male said:
Yes, Vo2, I am certainly going to try. I did it last year, although I did not do much training. I have the Argus 3 times. However, I am not yet in the sub-3 category.

What about you? Any sparkling tips, drugs ;) (hehehe), boosters etc?
Where: Indiana, in the USA

Occupation: Nursing Student targeting Sports medicine/Sports Psychology environment.

I just thought I'd introduce myself!