Where are you from,what do you do?

Originally posted by Theresa Allain
I'm from Los Angeles, CA, US--I just bought a mountain bike this last weekend and hope to become reacclimated to riding---I used to bicycle race about 25-26 years ago, but I really have not been on any bicycle for over 17 years!! I don't know why, but I suddenly got the urge to ride again---beside my new mountain bike, I think I will have my old Gios-Torino racing bike overhauled and try to put some miles back on it!!!

I thought not being on my bike for 5 years after many years of racing was bad. You have me totally beat. Congrats on getting back on a bike......

Memph

Originally posted by Specialized27
I have not read ALL of the posts yet, but it is very cool getting to know all of you a little bit. I am an 18 year old guy from Houston, Texas in the US.

I have always loved bikes and always had a mountain bike as a kid, but now I am saving up for my road bike...I have almost enough but as soon as I get a new job I will be buying it will hopefully be in a couple of weeks.

I would love any training tips (which I think I can get in a different thread ), but I am hopefully going to just train and do it for fun/charity/race. I have seen a lot of boards, and I really have to say that this is definatly the best cycling board hands down!

Nice to meet all of you,

Kyle
.....Hi! Kyke this is Ice from South Africa
i have a friend from Houston he is currently cycling in Belgium
After the European racing season he is going home for Xmas &
then coming back to S.Africa, where in January it is in the middle
of summer & very hot. He will train in preparation for the next racing season. It is good that you enjoy your cycling, I hope you
get your racer soon & you will be flying..I am 20 yrs old..
:p :(

Envy all you ppl that live in warm weather. Nearly impossible to train when I have to share the roads with dogsleds. Plus it is tricky to fit my bike into my igloo.... :)

Memph

im from n ireland......dont seem to be any1 else on here from my part of the world....or is there???

Originally posted by jan_fan
im from n ireland......dont seem to be any1 else on here from my part of the world....or is there???

Hello: Do you still eat lots of potatoes? How is the weather? Seems like every time I see a picture, it appears to be wet....

Memph

Originally posted by Memphmann
Envy all you ppl that live in warm weather. Nearly impossible to train when I have to share the roads with dogsleds. Plus it is tricky to fit my bike into my igloo.... :)

Memph

That's why I moved to the South (yes, a canuck ex-pat.)! I can ride all year and only have to deal with the odd redneck in a pickup throwing beer cans at my back.:)

Originally posted by wamara
That's why I moved to the South (yes, a canuck ex-pat.)! I can ride all year and only have to deal with the odd redneck in a pickup throwing beer cans at my back.:)

Lucky you. My riding season is almost over? You love to move to Europe. Where cycling would be better...

Memph

Another Aussie here, currently living in the USA (Denver, CO).

I ride a road bike on weekdays (normally about 15 miles per day) with a 25-50 mile ride on Saturdays. Sunday I hit the singletrack on the MTB, these days usually around Evergreen and Golden. During the winter, the weekend rides often get replaced by skiing :D, and on snowy days, the weekday rides move indoor to a trainer :(.

When I'm not riding or thinking about riding, I'm a software implementation consultant.

Ontario, Canada

200KM Per Week on average Bike plus I run another 60KM

Special Equipment Parts Sales

Originally posted by Snarl
Ontario, Canada

200KM Per Week on average Bike plus I run another 60KM

Special Equipment Parts Sales

Where about in Ontario? I'm from Sars capitol of Ontario....

Memph

From Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia

Try and ride 200 km's during the week with a longer ride over the weekend.

Lucky that apart from downpours during the wet season it is virtually 365 day cycling weather

Fisheries Officer

From Danville< Virginia USA
I ride two or three times a week and then do 110 to 150 miles on weekends. A good friend manges to hammer me ever few weeks and tells me stay on his wheel ... only problem is he is often doing 31 miles an hour for periods too long for me. But .. I try.
John King

I`m in the office. Planning for a bicycle courier services. It`s new, unique and exciting in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe. Courier service will be run by girl messengers. Isn`t that interesting?. Setting up and is a bit difficult. We have the resources all we need is the expertise!! Can you help??

From US, currently living in Germany. Ride daily to/from work (only 22km oneway). Take truck, bikes and wife weekends on roadtrips for recreational riding only....approx. 50-100km rides.
Currently employed w/US Army; have the dream assignmnet of a lifetime. Life is good.

Originally posted by jereme.day
From US, currently living in Germany. Ride daily to/from work (only 22km oneway). Take truck, bikes and wife weekends on roadtrips for recreational riding only....approx. 50-100km rides.
Currently employed w/US Army; have the dream assignmnet of a lifetime. Life is good.

Where: Seattle, Washington USA

Just a lowly college student who loves to ride.

Originally posted by Snarl
Orillia, Ontario

Cool, how is the riding up there?

I live in Richmond Hill, and the riding sucks unless you head North. I ride basically 100-140km per day. On my rest day, I ride a slow 80-90km with a friend new to cycling. Awesome to just relax and chat with someone as I ride.....

Memph

Hello all,
I'm a new member from Centennial, Colorado (Denver area). Most of my riding is commuting to work at a newspaper where I'm a page designer. The commuting puts in 100 mi/week, but I do some longer rides and hill climbs on weekends, up to 60-70 mi. I did do a lot of training this spring, about 2000 miles worth, to prepare for a week long tour through the Rockies. My next goal to ride up Mount Evans, the highest paved road in North America at 14,000 feet plus. Never been a racer, though. Built more like Fred Flintsone than Lance Armstrong.

I am in Oregon (a transplant from Colorado, Colorado Springs). I am a parole officer so I get plenty of seat and car time in. I typically spend my day thinking of all the places I should take my new bike and punish it. I just love to ride fast and hard, but typically just ride hard (I am not the smallest rider out there). It is one of the few things that keeps me sane! Keep the rubber side down.

K.