Where are you from,what do you do?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Guest, Sep 11, 2001.

1. agooday

agooday New Member

Im from Pennsylvania, Im a nurse and I LOVE cycling! :rolleyes:

2. Fritodog

Fritodog New Member

WELCOME TO YOU!

I'M NEW TO THIS SITE. BOMB AROUND TO THE DIFFERENT FORUMS;
    THEY GOT SOME GREAT STUFF HERE. :D

V/R
    FD

3. docf225

docf225 New Member

I live in New York but I'm "From" San Diego.

I'm a Firefighter.

4. erieopie

erieopie New Member

From Mentor, Ohio USA. along the shores of Lake Erie. Commuter. Also take road trips on weekends. Average about 4500 miles a year. I'm a printer. 46 years old. Discustipated by wreckless drivers trying to kill me every day.:mad: http://bicyclesafe.com

5. Glenfiddich_Man

Glenfiddich_Man New Member

I live in Vero Beach FLA. I'm a police officer in the same town. I'm 25 years old.

6. NativeTexan

NativeTexan New Member

I am FROM the Texas hill country, a long, long time ago, but now I live in Coronado, CA, courtesy of the US Navy. I am a lawyer, real estate broker, and investment manager. I used to be a pro tuba player, and a stock broker, too.

In real life, though, I was an age group triathlete in the late 70's and 80's until I was stopped by an extended case of persistent, chronic plantar fasciitis. That appears to be in remission now, thankfully, and I am just starting back up, getting a bike butt and some legs, etc.

7. frost_from_hell

frost_from_hell New Member

i live in Melbourne, Australia. I'm a student, and also work a (crappy) part time job. I do quite a bit of bike commuting, and also like to go for longer rides whenever I have enough spare time. I would like to do some touring in the near(ish) future, too. Cheers!

8. ConorLundy

ConorLundy New Member

Hi! I'm Conor Lundy funny enough. I'm all the way over in Ireland. I'm 21, used to cycle competitively when I was 18, university and partying put paid to that but I'm just starting to get back into it.

9. richg813

richg813 New Member

My name is Rich and I live and work in Seminole Heights, Tampa FL 33603 USA. I currently don't have a bike but went shopping today for one. Rode a Giant Revive DX bike and it was the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden. I'm in to comfort these days.

I am a Realtor and sell houses almost exclusively in my neighborhood of Southeast Seminole Heights, an inner city neighborhood of Tampa named 2003 USA Neighborhood of the Year because it is experiencing an awesome regentrification. I love my neighborhood and I want to experience it on a bike! Besides, I could use the exercise!!!

Thanks,
    [email protected]

10. missing

missing New Member

Hello from a fellow Beretta fan.

missing

11. Doug-San Antoni

Doug-San Antoni New Member

I apologize for taking so long to reply to your friendly email. I'm new to cyclingforum and new to this type of venue. It took me a while to realize that I had received communication.
    I've been in the Hill Country for 13 years now. I'm a Louisiana native, but been in Texas quite awhile. I'm here courtesy of a Baptist church. I'm a Baptist minister. I started cycling when I got here 13 years ago...mostly road biking/racing. But I'm 58 and have lost a little "zip", and I can't quite stay with the young bucks any more. So I'm considering a recumbent and a little more recreational riding.
    What kind of recubent do you ride?
    Doug

12. frost_from_hell

frost_from_hell New Member

Gah! The forum isn't letting me post anywhere except here!

Sorry about this useless post, now back to normal programming....

13. andyland

andyland New Member

from brisbane queensland australia

i try and ride 50 to 100 kays a day i'm a panel beater
    i havn't raced road bikes ever but very keen to start and maybe a bit of track racing see how i go

14. Davcruz

Davcruz New Member

Living: Sales and Marketing for tech nuclear power generation related industry

Ride: Mainly for recreation and exercise, about 10-12 miles a day during the week and 20-40 on the weekends. No aspirations to race or anything like that, just do it to not be fat. Seems to be working...

15. scatty

scatty New Member

Hi everybody
    I am a new member living in chessington in the UK
    I am trying to do up my old bike and wondered if any one can help me with my problem.
    I have replaced all the parts with shimano alivio front and rear mech and a Un72 bottom bracket 122mm.
    The original bottom bracket was a chinhaur with the markings CH52-68 122L BC137-24T.
    The problem is the front mech will not reach over the large chainring, I think I may have fitted the wrong size bottom bracket?
    The bike is an MTB giant boulder sports series and the original front mech was a suntour FD-TP16 and the rear mech a shimano altus and the crankset SR Suntour XR180.
    Has anyone have any suggestons.

Many thanks
    Richard:confused:

16. NativeTexan

NativeTexan New Member

I don't ride an recumbent, Doug. I am riding an Eddy Merckx steel road frame from the mid-80's, just now completely refurbished with Campy Super Record, except the Look pedals, and Shimano brake levers (for now!). I use the term "riding" loosely as I just finished the refurbishment last week and have a grand total of about 3 miles on the bike. There will be a lot more in the weeks ahead.

I have never tried a recumbent, but they scare me. Out here in Kalifornistan, with so many people hell-bent on living their irrepressibly irresponsible lifestyle, driving either drunk, whacked out on something or just plain not paying attention, the death rate for cyclists is appalling. Fortunately I have a bike path nearby that offers a much safer riding experience. Recumbents strike me as more dangerous since it is more difficult to see them. That's just my take; I have no idea if it is actually true in real life.

I am a bit older than you (nearly 61). I also swim and am getting back into running. 20 years ago, I was an up and coming age group triathlete, but the plantar fasciitis put an end to that, and now I am 20 years older and nearly 100 lbs. heavier. It is still fun, though!

Good luck!

17. paswf

paswf New Member

I am a homemaker/ part-time student from Pennsylvania.

18. Tastic

Tastic New Member

Where: South East Melbourne.

New to Commuting to work 32kms per day.

Ride: Shogun Mountain bike (not pretty for commuting) but I have put on 26"x1.25" slicks, clipless pedals and a rigid fork.

Might get a flatbar road bike later down the track if I am still keen on riding.

regards [​IMG]

19. Hymie

Hymie New Member

Where - Brisbane, Australia

Do for money - forensic accountant

Ride - Specialized Hardrock, currently with a front wheel like a pretzel after the Flight Centre Epic on the weekend. Thanks again to the sabateur who couldn't unclick and fell sideways into the wheel with his shoulder, said how sorry he was and rode off

BMC road bike

Daily commute and rides with the family on the weekend with a tag-a-long for the 5 year old while my wife pulls the chariot trailer for the 1 year old

20. bmx_squirrel

bmx_squirrel New Member

HI! My name is Jessica and I race bmx but is really interested to start Downhill:)