Where are you from,what do you do?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Guest, Sep 11, 2001.

1. john74

john74 New Member

hi people only just discovered this site, its awsome compared to others ive been on. i live in milton keynes uk im 32 years old and really into mountain biking and training to do some off road marathons next year.

2. Wrestler

Wrestler New Member

Hey everyone, I'm an engineering graduate student at the University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I've always enjoyed riding my mountain bike, but after riding it on-road more than off-road, I recently bought a road bike. I like to tinker with my bikes almost as much as I enjoy riding them.

3. craigdurkee

craigdurkee New Member

hey john hows the concrete cows

4. john74

john74 New Member

they do seem a bit lazy. they never seem to move. i hate the bloody things.:D

5. wraithwrider

wraithwrider New Member

Hi, I'm a newby here.

I'm Peter and I live in Kendal in the UK and work as a technician in a really nice small secondary school nearby in Sedbergh.

I'm also a qualified counsellor.

I'm getting back into cycling after a 12 year lay off. I'm over 50 and running has been my sport for most of my life until cycling (road) took over.

I'm looking forward to getting my basic fitness built up over this Winter before embarking on some competitive events next year.

I love riding my bike:) and it's hilly around here!

Peter

6. M-A-R

M-A-R New Member

Welcome :)

7. moify

moify New Member

hi every one , well as yous can see i am new to this site, well my name is stephen & i am from glasgow, scotland i have been cycling my moutain bike for 18 months since i gave up smoking & would like some tips on how to enjoy it more.

thank you in advance

8. craigdurkee

craigdurkee New Member

welcome stephen ben a few years since i went to glasgow but im planning on popping back this crimbo

9. savicevici

savicevici New Member

Hi .I am Savicevici .I ride on the Iuliu Maniu Boulevard this summer :)

I live in Militari for 27 years ...cool or what ?

10. honeybee

honeybee New Member

Hi,

New to forums and serious bikes. Only ride to work up to now but the old man and me decided its time for a couple of real ones. Hope you guys can help us through the minefield of info

11. current

current New Member

i'm from the u.s., durham, nc. i'm an english grad student. avid cyclist. going on the Cycle North Carolina tour next week, 60-some mile per day for a week. average 100+ miles per week.

12. Duracell Bunny

Duracell Bunny New Member

Live in Brisbane, cycle whenever I can find the time :)
    Work as a SysAdmin

13. jjneche

jjneche New Member

Betty,

Came across this chat board as I was browsing through the an internet search engine. I was looking for the name "Roueche" the name I share and know very well. My grandfather is one of the owners of "Hershey Flying Service" in Northe Platte Nebraska. My father, David E. Roueche is Floyd Roueche's son. And I believe Pete is still there. ANyhow, I just learned through my search tonight that my grandfather Floyd died this year. I came across your chat session that you had a couple years ago. Just hoping that we might be able to chat sometime, thats if you even get this. I don't know the name Betty, I have lost contact with this side of my family for over 10 plus years. Just hoping to get some information on how you know the family, and if you are someway related to me I guess. Plus the fact I see you live in Minnesota which is where I currently live as well. Anyhow, if you get this please write me back at [email protected]. I hope to talk to you soon.

Joshua J. Roueche

14. jb092

jb092 New Member

I am from New Jersey and ride for fun and health resons.

15. DBTU

DBTU New Member

I know this because I also ride in Mentor, Ohio. They are by far the biggest rednecks I've ever seen. They can't stand you they flip "Sidewalk" at you and do their best to run you off the road. The city says "sidewalk" while the police say road. Well there's a new law in the books and says road in all 88 counties in Ohio. http://www.ohiobike.org
    dbtu

16. Chuck Eufarley

Chuck Eufarley New Member

Out here the Texas panhandle,its kinda flat! Haven't been biking long,but it is something I really got the bug for.Don't have a clue about racing, teams, or even if other cyclist exsist here? Have seen guys on bikes, but the only idiot I ever see on the road is me.

17. pakicyclist

pakicyclist New Member

My name is Asad, I am from good ol' Parsippany, NJ, USA. I am 16 and a full-time high school student. (You guys could have guessed that though:D) I have been cycling for a few months now, and am apart of the Colavita U19 Racing Team.

18. Roy Rogers

Roy Rogers New Member

I'm from Loveland, Colorado and a road rider. Don't get to ride nearly as much as I would like. That would be all the time.:D

19. Junge

Junge New Member

Hello, my name is Scott and I live in Salt Lake City, Utah. I am just getting started with cycling. I'm riding a Felt F55.

20. AlanFD

AlanFD New Member

I hope you enjoy that bike I have the F75 and it's a superb machine. I have only just started cycling this year, and I've had this bike since May, just can't help putting the miles on it.

Enjoy and welcome to the cycling fraternity.