Where are you from,what do you do?

Hi I'm Alan.
Joined the forum A while ago don't on it often enough. I have a Ribble road bike, a Quintana Roo lo-pro and a Raliegh track bike with front brake fitted for winter training and hill climbs.I'm from South Yorkshire in the UK.

Hello everyone. My name is Ben and I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I am an independent Financial Advisor/Stock Broker. After years of mountain biking I have shifted my focus to the roads. I am riding a 2006 Felt F4C, which I love except for the color.

Hi all... I'm Jeff Potter and I just registered. I'm trying to use this Forum instead of Google Groups. GG seems to have gone haywire. It's always been fine for me before. I started a thread over there and would like to reply to it. So I've come here to do so! : ) I've been riding for decades now (raced in the 80's) and I've been posting about bikes online since about 1995 I'd guess. I publish bike culture material over at AllBikeMag.com. Thanks! --JP

;) I am from Denver Colorado and ride as part of my triathalon training. I just want to be competitive in my age group. When I am not training I am a Mom and work in advertising. I am looking for people to train with.

Hi, I live in Lake Wales, Fl. I work for Florida Natural Growers (orange juice mfg.)
I currently ride a Nishiki bicycle, but am looking at buying a new lighter bike, probably a Felt.

Hi, I am from Dover in the Uk and new to the site. I cycle around 200 miles a week, 120 miles getting to and from work and about 80 miles (Weather depending) for pleasure and to retain a level of fitness. I have had my present bike for two years, a Barracuda, and have covered about three thousand miles on it. The bottom bracket has just started to moan about the mileage and needs replacing. Trouble is that I am having difficulty locating a replacement. I can not complain about the bike, in all the miles that I have done I have only had to repair four punctures, replace the tyres and brake pads.

I'm a Detroit man living in Port Richey, Florida, a really cool place to cycle due to all the miles of new trails (thanx 'Rail 2 Trails'). I work in a window shop where I commute 7.5 miles, each way, to work 5 dayz a week. I joy ride anywhere from 30 to 50 miles each day of the weekend. Being single is cool, I could never get these miles in when I was married. :D . See U on the trail :cool: !!!

Hi All,
My name is Bryan & I live in Aberfoyle Park, Adelaide, South Australia.
I'm 42, a Software Developer & married with 2 kiddies.
I have been riding bikes for most of life but only really getting into it in a bigger way over the last 12 months (about the time petrol prices starting going through the roof) & I am really loving it.
I ride to work @ 23kms each way (end up around 150-200kms per week) with a couple of ripper hills to go up. I'm riding an old bomb of a bike at the moment but I am now hunting down a new bike.
Considering a 2006 Giant OCR1 for $AU1500, Vivente Lugano $AU1190 or a 2007 Merida 903-18 for $AU1320.
Anyone out there recommend any of these bikes ?
This forum is awesome - looking forward to spending lots of time here comparing notes etc.
Cheers,
Bryan

REDGEORGE said:
Hi, I am from Dover in the Uk and new to the site. I cycle around 200 miles a week, 120 miles getting to and from work and about 80 miles (Weather depending) for pleasure and to retain a level of fitness. I have had my present bike for two years, a Barracuda, and have covered about three thousand miles on it. The bottom bracket has just started to moan about the mileage and needs replacing. Trouble is that I am having difficulty locating a replacement. I can not complain about the bike, in all the miles that I have done I have only had to repair four punctures, replace the tyres and brake pads.
G'day mate, I find it hard to believe that you are having trouble getting a bottom bracket, (i think cartrage) for your ride. check suppliers to your brand and others as most companies that make these only make a couple of different sizes. it dont have to be same brand to be same part. and have fun.

hi all. I'm from vancouver canada. I build motorized bicycles . just started 3 months ago but the response has been very good.

cruising speed is 40 to 45 mph but i,ve been clocked at well over 50mph i'm not excactly sure if there steet legal as the laws are a little hazy but ive ridden everyday for 3 months for anhour or 2 aday and only got pulled over once. all the officer said was slow the hell down.lol:rolleyes:

Hello, I live in Sydney, Australia. I am 49 years old and work as a labourer for local government. My circa 1995 Trek 520 tourer is my main form of transport as I do not own or want a car. I also have a Garry Fisher hybrid and a Dahon fold-up. These rarely get ridden since I bought the Trek because it is so comfortable and probably the best bike I have ever owned. I ride 60 kms each day to and from work in off-peak hours. I am a slow rider but it is quicker than catching the train. I have ridden in most places in Australia except over the deserts in the last 25 years. I intend I to quit my job soon and maybe start touring again.

xar1540 said:
Hello, I live in Sydney, Australia. I am 49 years old and work as a labourer for local government. My circa 1995 Trek 520 tourer is my main form of transport as I do not own or want a car. I also have a Garry Fisher hybrid and a Dahon fold-up. These rarely get ridden since I bought the Trek because it is so comfortable and probably the best bike I have ever owned. I ride 60 kms each day to and from work in off-peak hours. I am a slow rider but it is quicker than catching the train. I have ridden in most places in Australia except over the deserts in the last 25 years. I intend I to quit my job soon and maybe start touring again.
when you do come up here and maby we can do some cycling together. Regards Terry

BryanM said:
Hi All,
My name is Bryan & I live in Aberfoyle Park, Adelaide, South Australia.
I'm 42, a Software Developer & married with 2 kiddies.
I have been riding bikes for most of life but only really getting into it in a bigger way over the last 12 months (about the time petrol prices starting going through the roof) & I am really loving it.
I ride to work @ 23kms each way (end up around 150-200kms per week) with a couple of ripper hills to go up. I'm riding an old bomb of a bike at the moment but I am now hunting down a new bike.
Considering a 2006 Giant OCR1 for $AU1500, Vivente Lugano $AU1190 or a 2007 Merida 903-18 for $AU1320.
Anyone out there recommend any of these bikes ?
This forum is awesome - looking forward to spending lots of time here comparing notes etc.
Cheers,
Bryan
G'day mate, I got myself an AZZURRI, had never heard of them before. carbon forks, fair gear all over , and a bloody good ride. got it mail order from Dean Woods Direct P/L in Wangaratta. good people to deal with, i've bought from them before and their after sales is second to none. you don't like they change, no cost to you. give them a try. And then bring family up here for a cycling holiday. i've got spare bikes. Terry [email protected] stay my home no cost. just respect me and mine- same both ways.

Actually I just want to know if someone has the manual for the Rhone Gear Cycle Shuttle? NOT the super shuttle. I can'y seem to find a way to post the question any other way. Sorry. Thanks

domehome

Perth, Western Australia

Security Control Room Operator
redface.gif

I'm from Greeley, Colorado. I'm a 16-year-old high school dropout, college student, and freelance writer.

I have been riding a $90 Wal-Mart bike for the past several years. Tomorrow I am going to the Recycled Cycles shop in Fort Collins, Colorado to buy my first real bike. I plan to tour the east coast next summer.

good day! new mexico; teacher --- new to road cycling. been a runner for most of my life. submerged rope while snowboarding ended my knee's running/soccer/basketball recreational career. acl/mcl surgery led to severe muscle atrophy --- then massive weight gain due to sedative/depressed state. thigh was the size of my other calf; calf was the size of my forearm. lost half of the sixty lbs. gained on mtn bike. now ready to lose another 30 on the road. best regards, toad

Hi, Im new to the forum, I'm from western Canada and cycle fairly often. Mainly road riding with some trail.

Hello, besides riding my motobecane bicycle around the Outer Banks, I also have a story to share about North Carolina
I had planned to spend a few days hugging some corners in western North Carolina recently when I found myself totally out ridden by a group of female motorcyclists from Seattle. It seems the gang was not as they appeared. They wore patches on the backs of their dirty leather jackets that said they were Vampires, and the quickness they showed on those twisty roads had me believing they were the real thing.
This all began after a night of camping at High Country Motorcycle Camp, located deep inside the Appalachian Mountains of North Carolina, I was up early to flip through some curves on what I hoped would be a deserted Blue Ridge Parkway. My 1981 BMW R 100 RS is a poor curve carver, however it does stand up on the straight-aways.
After blitzing along one particular straightaway at nearly 130 miles an hour, I began braking for a sharp curve just in front of me on the right. Before the 500 hundred pounds of German metal between my legs dropped to 60 mpg, I found myself surrounded by six vintage red Kawasaki GPZ's. These are the super bikes from the 1980s that most riders have only heard rumors of. Their riders had long black greasy hair streaming backwards from under their helmets. I was just able to make out the vampire face on the back of their leather jackets before they slipped past me and out of sight.
Surprised by their quickness, I pulled back on the throttle of my 1000 cc BMW nearly crashing as I came out of the turn. I was just able to catch up with the group in the next straightaway. Making eye contact with the group’s leader, a wink was enough to interest them in some conversation.
They told me their club travels to this remote area of the
Smokey Mountains several times a year. The ride is used to initiate new members to the club and practice their riding skills. The leader invited me to join them in a future campout.
After the brief encounter, the girls quickly slipped back into their black helmets and leathers, mounted their vintage GPZ's and disappeared into the distance. Stupidly, I forget to get any contact information and a search of the
Seattle area came up with nothing.
Even today I continue my search in this remote and gothic area of
North Carolina, looking for their camp site, with the brief hope I will get just one more glimpse of those beautiful red GPZ Kawasaki’s. Let me know if you can help! A few days later a group of Outlaw Bikers were having their annual club party near Boone North Carolina. The next morning an animal was found near their clubhouse. Witnesses reported the animal weighed over 200 pounds, had curled fangs extending over its lips, looked like a cross between a large rat like rodent and a wolf and had very human like eyes.
Residents of Boone have reported seeing a similar beast over the last few years. They said the animal would emit monstrous cries throughout the night. Along with the strange howls, the beast displayed eyes that glowed in the dark. The animal was blamed for attacking and killing numerous pets and for the disappearance of several residents from nearby homes over that same time period. One police official indicated it may have been some sort of rare wolf-dog hybrid. Tissue samples from the creature have been collected and sent the University of North Carolina
for genetic tests that will try and determine the origin of the weird creature.
This part of the world has become strange over the last few years.

Please enjoy the online OBX bicycle information page about the Outer Banks

http://www.kittyhawkfreepress.com/bikeride.html