Where are you from,what do you do?

Hello all! Yes, that's right, everybodys favorite - the first post!

I'm a keen bike rider from New Zealand, mainly downhill on my Specialized Bighit FSR, but also for everyday transport - zipping around the streets on my shiny kermit green STP ;)

I'm always interested in hearing about riding from around the world... which is basically why I'm here!

Hello:

This is the place for talking cycling. I am in the touring section because that is basically the only kind of cycling I have ever done, long distance, transcontinental, bicycle touring. My kind of bicycling is certainly not everybody's cup of tea and I do not expect that it should be. This forum is sectioned for just about all matters related to cycling. I keep to the part where I have had a large amount of experience, and even when I give advice to others less experienced than I am, it is still largely a matter of opinion and preference rather than any kind of immutable rule.

Velotour

I'm from Jakarta Indonesia...the profile picture shown is my 5 months daughter: Audrey...Isn't she cute? :)

Btw, I need this forum's help to support in developing cycling habits in Indonesia..Currently there is B2W (Bike To Work) Community established in August 2005 with 800 members ...(see www.b2w-indonesia.or.id). This community's goal is to reduce the traffic jam in Jakarta and other big cities in Indonesia.

do you have any suggestion in developing cycling habits? :confused:

O.K., I'll play....

My name is Dave (in case you didn't get that from my title) and I'm living in Jackson Wyoming these days. I rode and raced pretty seriously from the mid '80s through the late '90s in norcal as a cat III on the road and track with a little cyclocross and NORBA stuff since dirt is fun.

Funny thing how bike racing starts seeming like fun when you haven't done it for the better part of a decade but I started riding again this summer and have gotten sucked back in to long rides, training schedules and an addiction to endorphines. Ah well, it beats just reading about the latest doping scandal in Velonews.....

navitatl said:
I'm from Greeley, Colorado. I'm a 16-year-old high school dropout, college student, and freelance writer.

I have been riding a $90 Wal-Mart bike for the past several years. Tomorrow I am going to the Recycled Cycles shop in Fort Collins, Colorado to buy my first real bike. I plan to tour the east coast next summer.

Good luck, choose well, never stop. Keep us posted on your E.C. Cruise. If you come through the upper Texas Panhandle,HOLLER, I'll try to ride with for a day or two. Catch HWY3 in OK panhandle make aride to Tulsa?

airfree said:
I'm from Jakarta Indonesia...the profile picture shown is my 5 months daughter: Audrey...Isn't she cute? :)

Btw, I need this forum's help to support in developing cycling habits in Indonesia..Currently there is B2W (Bike To Work) Community established in August 2005 with 800 members ...(see www.b2w-indonesia.or.id). This community's goal is to reduce the traffic jam in Jakarta and other big cities in Indonesia.

do you have any suggestion in developing cycling habits? :confused:
G'day mate, hang around for a day or so and I will send you a list of orginasions that can help you, and a few thoughts of my own. regards Terry
[email protected]

Hello. I live in Colorado. I'm 15 years old, and have been an avid mountain biker pretty much ever since I got my first mountain bike when I was 8. I'm looking into entering some races eventually, but I don't know exactly which ones I should get involved with first. I ride a 2006 Iron Horse Maverick. I just got it about a month ago, and I think I am going to upgrade a bit with ditch witch rims and hydraulic discs eventually. I'm coming off of a Specialized Hardrock Sport that I pretty much rode the wheels off of (3 sets of tires, 2 sets of brake pads, and 2 cranksets, chains, and cassettes).

My specialty is pretty much just showing off. My entire neighborhood knows me as the kid that rides a wheelie for 5 blocks then pulls a big rolling stoppie. I learned how to ride a wheelie when I was 9, and I have just been getting better and better since. I also like stair drops, and hopping gaps. I would ride in the mountains instead of urban more if I could, but not having a car kinda limits things. I would take tight single track over stair drops any day.

I also dirt bike a lot... Yes, I cheat with a motor from time to time.... Anyway, some cyclists aren't so friendly to us dirt bikers, so I hope to kinda bridge a gap between the two worlds. I know there are some dirt bikers that aren't very respectful either, but no matter what wheels I am on, I always try to be courteous, and I think others should too.

Hello all, I am here because I would like to talk to other tricycle riders about their experiences. I love my trike. I can't afford a car, and my trike takes me just about everywhere, carries my groceries and my lil blind doggie. I have hemiplegic migraine which has affected my right side balance so it is impossible for me to ride a bike without falling off. (hemiplegic = mimiks a stroke). I did tip my trike majorly in the first month I had it..Ouch:( But got it repaired!

terry prowse said:
G'day mate, hang around for a day or so and I will send you a list of orginasions that can help you, and a few thoughts of my own. regards Terry
[email protected]
G'day again mate,
give these 2 a go www.pedalpower.org.au & www.travelsmart.gov.au
both here in Australia, and both full of usefull information and links. Please keep in touch as I intend to cycle your country sometime next year and would like to make a few contacts as I know no one there. You or any cyclists coming over here are welcome to stay in my home, it's in outback Oz, called Broken Hill. Won't cost anything as I have open house to all traveling cyclists. all I ask is that you respect me and mine, same both ways. Regards Terry [email protected]

Hi all,

I'm from the West Michigan area and usually ride in the Grand Haven/Holland/Grand Rapids triangle.

I'm a director of clinical services for a social agency.

I often describe my riding as an attempt to keep aging off my back wheel.

Leave for a tour of Italy and Greece this week. Celebrating our 20th anniversary and 5 years post cancer treatment for my bride.:eek: I hope to check out at least one LBS in each country.

If its Hi Vis and Black, big and old, and on an aluminum Schwinn its probably me. Be kind as you pass by, I may have 30 miles in and look every inch of it.:D

Yo! Evenin all!:cool: I'm from Hampshire UK, 44, Train Guard during the Day, born again biker Geek at least 3times a week (missis and little'n permitting!) Steads a Mount Vision, aging the same as me 8)! Best things to live to ride, ride to live. Once an adrenaline junkie always an adrenaline junkie! Down hill, on the edge, as often as possible.:D

hi folks, i am from edinburgh in scotland and am presently at the start of travelling the world for a year. in phoenix, az at the momoent. missing my bike. can anyone tell me how easy it is to get a copy of cycle sport or pro cycling magazines over here. ta.

borderline said:
hi folks, i am from edinburgh in scotland and am presently at the start of travelling the world for a year. in phoenix, az at the momoent. missing my bike. can anyone tell me how easy it is to get a copy of cycle sport or pro cycling magazines over here. ta.

Welcome and how is it going? I am sort of new here too. I cycled England, Scotland, and Wales in the drought summer of 1984. It was great. I would love to do it again.

Velotour

HAPPY MOON FESTIVAL!

SiSU is from Shanghai,China.

SiSU is an expat owned Bicycle & Outdoor Products company.

SiSU has weekly rides and monthly travels.

for more details, please visit www.sisucycling.com

You are mostly welcomed to join us if you stop by Shanghai!

Hi everyone, I'm Lester from Ipoh, Malaysia. I'm a real die-hard fan of cycling - road or mountain...fun, leisure, competitive, you name it, I'm on! Been cycling for more than 20 years!! Cheers!!:cool:

Lester Loh said:
Hi everyone, I'm Lester from Ipoh, Malaysia. I'm a real die-hard fan of cycling - road or mountain...fun, leisure, competitive, you name it, I'm on! Been cycling for more than 20 years!! Cheers!!:cool:
G'day mate, keep pushin' those peddles, ti's good fun. I ride mountain and road and live in Broken Hill NSW AUstralia. ever over this way, call. [email protected] Regards terry;)

Hi Everyone, Memphis Tennessee here. I've been browsing the forums for a few weeks now. There are lots of great posts. Thanks...I've been cycling for around 10 years and I'm a Network Engineer.