Where are you from,what do you do?

No your not boring, at least to me. But I do encourage you to get out and ride, maybe it would make you feel better. Whenever I'm down a good ride always lifts me up. If you don't have a bike, borrow a friends. :)
ls1283 said:
Hello,

I am from North America. I'm not a rider personally, except for my exercise bike, but I fell in love with a rider, whom I am not permitted to see, and I just wanted to see if he participates in any of these forums. I can't communicate with him any longer, but I just want to know that he is ok, because I still love him. Sorry if this bores anyone.

Hello all.

I'm an overweight 25yo mtb rider who's just got himself his first road bike (saracen tour) for using to commute on. Work in london and live slightly outside of it with a max of a 23mile each way commute but atm i'm driving a bit of it and cycling the last 10 miles just to get myself into the swing of things and get my base fitness level up from the current level of couch potato.

I used to cycle alot as a youngster and to this day cycle 20 or so miles a week behind my step daughter while she is out riding her horse but riding at walking pace doesnt help keep you fit just gives you a sore a*se LOL.

Hi all - this is a great day. After months of procrastination, finally bought "the" bike. OCR 3 by Giant. I'm a nurse, outside of work, have enjoyed aviation, jogging, many interests actually, but never really did much cycling. The last time I rode a bike it was my old Schwinn from college and I just meandered down a country road. Sitting up high - certainly didn't look like the more serious cyclists with correct form, etc. Right now the new bike isn't comfortable, but it's fitted perfectly for me. It's just new to me, shifting is different.. no numbers to cue one as to the gear you are in. It's all by contact..and will soon be quite natural, they tell me at the bike shop. The bike is light, easy to manage lifting up into my truck, and so will not aggravate my back. My neurologist has recommended cycling as a great way to keep flexible, healthy, keep the ideal weight, etc, and won't make the problems with my back worse. Anyone who has a similar problem or starting out like me, would appreciate encouragement.

NapaRider said:
No your not boring, at least to me. But I do encourage you to get out and ride, maybe it would make you feel better. Whenever I'm down a good ride always lifts me up. If you don't have a bike, borrow a friends. :)
Thank you NapaRider. I will try to do that. Exercise always does make me feel better and more energized. Have a great day!!

Hello everyone. I live in Manhattan Beach, CA. Enjoy riding on the weekends on the coast. Also a member of the LA Tri Club.

Hello-all

I live in central New York. Most of my riding these days is on road. I ride a Giant TCR-0. I love the bike, it's the MOTOR that needs the work.

Gt KAR said:
Hello-all

I live in central New York. Most of my riding these days is on road. I ride a Giant TCR-0. I love the bike, it's the MOTOR that needs the work.

Just keep on pedalin' the motor has been known to re-tune with repeated work.

i'm new here.

i'm an avid cyclist.

if i were rich, i'd buy a Guru Tantrik Record ($7500!!!)

my fave website: http://www.glenns.org/ (i like the political cartoons)

my fave bike experience: arizona deserts!

thanks! sandra

ls1283 said:
Hello,

I am from North America. I'm not a rider personally, except for my exercise bike, but I fell in love with a rider, whom I am not permitted to see, and I just wanted to see if he participates in any of these forums. I can't communicate with him any longer, but I just want to know that he is ok, because I still love him. Sorry if this bores anyone.
wow thats pretty deep. North America? Sounds like a place with arranged marriages

Hello all,
I am from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. i am a Registered Nurse working in a suburban hospital.
I am a long time MTB rider. Just bought my first real road bike, a 1987 Guerciotti with original Campy components. This thing handles like a dream on the lousy roads that we have around here (tons of potholes and such). I love the quick nimble handling of this machine. The only complaint that I have is that htere are so many hills around here. Any one have ideas on gearing to make these hills easier and yet be able to maintain a good top velocity? Currently have a 52T big ring on the front. in addition I'd like to keep any component changes to correspond with the era of the frame. Thanks in advance.

I'm from Singapore. runs online business selling bicycle components. Mainly focused on racing bike components www.flexcycles.com used to operate on ebay (which some of you may know us from my Id) but for some strange reasons, i suffered repeated suspension.

I ride a old colnago that I bought since 1999. Mainly using shimano components.

cheers

flex

Hello All,
Tom here. Originally from Florida, got into cycling while living in Virginia. Currently living in Japan. Ride as much as work and family allow. My bike is a 2006 Trek Madone SL, getting ready to ditch a majority of the Bonty equipment for numerous other brands, mavic, fsa, Selle italia etc. Love the riding here, if you want to train on hills, they vary fro 2-10 degrees and some good flats too. interval train in city with sprints to the next light.

bi0hazrd said:
Hello all,
I am from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. i am a Registered Nurse working in a suburban hospital.
I am a long time MTB rider. Just bought my first real road bike, a 1987 Guerciotti with original Campy components. This thing handles like a dream on the lousy roads that we have around here (tons of potholes and such). I love the quick nimble handling of this machine. The only complaint that I have is that htere are so many hills around here. Any one have ideas on gearing to make these hills easier and yet be able to maintain a good top velocity? Currently have a 52T big ring on the front. in addition I'd like to keep any component changes to correspond with the era of the frame. Thanks in advance.
friend of mine road on US national team, even road with Lance and Jans ulrich. She told me keep rpm high, like 90+(100 even better) (ie spinning) dont mash(low rpm's <80) wears your legs quicker. don't use big chain ring, use the smaller 37T(?).speed will come down on hills, gravity sucks. get down in hooks (lower handle bar) butt back in seat and push hard, hills are great training. I have found hill training has increased my flats speed, from 18-20mph to 20-22mph comfortably for 1-2 hours. fairly new rider (8 months).

My name is Preston and I am in Houston, Texas. I have been losing weight since July, 2006. I have lost 35 pounds and I am shooting for another 15. I have been walking up to 6 miles. I am going to be getting my old bike out and shaking the dust off. Any pointers or suggestions for a beginner?

Hi there,

My name is Mark Philp. I'm from Randwick, Sydney and I'm a Mortgage Consultant based in Bondi Junction. I'm hoping to replace my Avanti Monza(stolen) at the start of next year, with what I'm still unsure of. Probably around the $2000.00 mark. Any advice on what to get would be appreciated, I'm hoping to do a 200km ride in June and would like to train 3-5 times a week with one long ride about 4+ hours on the weekend. Some guidence on specs would be fantastic.
Cheers,
Mark

Hi all:

I'm in Ottawa, ON Canada. I'm 56 and have had a bike continuously since I was 6 years old. For 3 years in the early 90's I commuted 10K each way and rode on the weekends with my kids.
I had to quit commuting but now I'm giving it serious thought for next year, riding in Ottawa in winter is tantamount to suicide. I hope to be able to commute 30k each way.
Besides cycling, my hobbies are photography and reading.
My day job is in computer systems support.

Hi
Im from Uk / Canada. I restore 60s-80s stuff that I find in recycling centres. I realised some years back that these old beasts are way faster on the road cos mtb tyres and suspension really suck all your energy. Heck I could outrun an mtb on a well set up Raleigh twenty (blame Sheldon Brown)!
Also I build specials from my stock of components. A nice frame by Holdsworth or Peugeot, 700C's and straight bars & it will really scoot along. I guess that was the thinking behind the 'hybrids' but without the mudguards and granny baskets.
It was the same with motorcycles, after years on gsxr I got a big V twin, a whole new/old riding experience.
Course I could just be getting old :)