Where are you from,what do you do?

thugfire109 said:
hey my name is timothy you can call me tim. i am 18 and live in ohio. i have been cycling for about 5 years now and just a couple weeks ago i rode 105 miles i deathvalley for a cure cancer biking event!
Hi Tim,
Tell us about that ride. 105 miles is a great effort. How long did it take you etc. Is Death Valley just what the name suggests it is? What sort of terrain did you ride over.
Cheers,
Bryan

hey bryan, the name is exactly what it suggests. the ride took me 12 and a half hours because i'm also a football player and i'm 200lb, muscle of course 'haha' but anyways there is no water anywhere and the water that is there is terrible because it's full of salt and all that other stuff. It was an overall good experiance, and you would probably like it if you are a serious rider... if you would like me to get you the date for next years ride i could give it to you and you can give it try, oh and it's very very hilly. well peace!

Timothy

Hello, I am from Townsville, Queensland.

I work for Cueldee - which custom manufactures Cycling jerseys. We made the 2005 & 2006 Townsville to Cairns CCIA riders jerseys with printed sponsors.

Saw some reccommendations on these forums so I thought I'd post here.

We are interested in producing small runs of jerseys with subsidised pricing if they include our logo. This is intended for competitive riding teams anywhere.

see:http://qldcueldee.blogspot.com/2006/07/ccia.html

and http://www.cueldee.com.au/article.asp?Id=88&group=news

double major in psychology and philosophy, from Boone, NC planning a cross country trip next may. Ride about fifty miles three times a week, and on these mountains that's easier said than done!

I'm a 62 yr old retired (mostly) bricklayer living in Mt. Vernon, IA USA. I've been riding since 'round '70, first in the Austin, TX area, and then on the east coast---NC., D.C. & Long Island. Recreational & club riding, occasional extended tours, both supported and not. Have begun gravel road excursions the last several years, since moving to rural east central Iowa ten years ago-----there's a dearth of decent paved roads in this area. I've several bikes built up & shod w 28c+ tires that serve nicely. Just me and the cows and the pigs and the corn & soybeans....! This time of the year I put my fixies on the road for a change of pace. Highly recommended! I've become something of a bike collector the last 15 or so yrs, with a hundred or so hanging in my "bike space" downtown. I'm a big fan of American builders, Bruce Gordon in particular. There's a lot of talent out there! Surely the bicycle is the most beautiful invention.

Melbourne Australia. 10 year commuter, 2 year roadie. My rides: a 13 yo Wheeler hard tail MTB and an alum/carbon Trek (Ultegra). I do a couple of hundred kms most weeks. Longest ride: 250km.

i'm from california and i have had a fracture clevical bone and i just had surgery sept 29, with plate and screws and bone marrow does anyone know how long the pain and recovery is because i hurt all around my kneck and my shoulders all the time i take vicodine but that helps a little

I'm a 58 yr old road rider/racer recently turned to recumbents, in San Antonio, Tx. Are there any recumbent riders in that area to hook up with?

norbikes said:
Highly recommended! I've become something of a bike collector the last 15 or so yrs, with a hundred or so hanging in my "bike space" downtown...
Holy moly norbikes. 100 bikes? :eek: Where do you keep 'em, and can you show us a photo or two? :)

Hi all. NewB from South Louisiana. I popped into the MTB scene a few months ago after being big into BMX racing in my younger days. Due to a recent move, I've found myself riding more and more on the road and actually enjoying it more than I ever thought I would. Regardless, I just wanted to introduce myself.

R

rgunn1 said:
Hi all. NewB from South Louisiana. I popped into the MTB scene a few months ago after being big into BMX racing in my younger days. Due to a recent move, I've found myself riding more and more on the road and actually enjoying it more than I ever thought I would. Regardless, I just wanted to introduce myself.

R
I'm from Dublin, and I'm into cycle touring and hope to do some MTB as well as considering Paris-Brest-Paris 2007.

I rant about cycling on my blog, especially the useless cycle "facilities" here in Dublin.

Hi ! I'm from Trento, northern Italy. I cycle for fun and also competitively with a club. I work like a research and development engineer in a chemical industry and so I train when I can do it. This year I did my first cycling tour. Me and my friend have travelled Norway from end to end (from Oslo to North Cap) by bike. At the moment, we're training to travel over Spain (Camino de Santiago de Compostela). We will start on April 2007.

Cheers ! :cool:

hi all,i'm pat from a small farming town in ny. nunda,the only thing nice about this area is the fantastic riding.there are hills in and out of town.the trail bike riding is awesome as well. i'm a bicycle mechanic looking for a real job.the winters around here are unpredictable at best.so about now i can ride all i want unless theres been rain for days on end.or snow for that matter.being south of buffalo, we get our fair share.{yuck}i ride more road mile than anything else.even owned my own bike shop once.