Where are you from,what do you do?

Hi everyone -- finally joined this forum. I post on another site, usually.

Just wanted to introduce myself. I live in California's central valley. I have three kids and a husband supportive of my cycling habit (actually he couldn't stop me if he tried, but it sounded good....). I'm a slave for the city government in the planning department, but the slave work is interesting, so it's all good...:cool:

I'm 36, but in denial that I'm approaching forty. It's only a number anyway, so who gives a fart, right? :p

As far as the cycling goes, I started my habit when I was 16 , raced a bit, and continued until about age 20 or so, when I got the godforsaken idea that I had to stay home all the time to be with my fiance. Then got married, the kids came along, and my bike was an afterthought while making sure everyone else was happy. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but at the same time, I was doing nothing for myself during this time and was unhappy through the joy.

That phase ended about three years ago. In 2006, I started racing again, and actually had more success than I did when I was a kid. It's all for fun, though, and it sets a great example for my kids on how to stick to something when you really want it. Somehow, between the job, college night classes, and the kids, I eek out enough training miles to race, and I owe much of that to my husband's support at home. Although shaky at first, I think he's finally understanding this cycling obsession (or knows he can't fight it :D ).

Anyhoooo, glad to be aboard Cycling Forums....
~BikeMomma

Alpenrose said:
If you "usually" go 25 to 30 and you can sprint 35, you're going to do fine.
Im looking to get into racing is there anything I should look for since im a beginner?

Monst3r said:
Im looking to get into racing is there anything I should look for since im a beginner?
In Cape Town, where I live there are organised fun rides on week-ends.
So I started riding these. I've been doing this for about 8 months now and am getting fitter and faster.
If there is an organised body in your area, it might be a good idea to join them.
Happy cycling
Die Oom

Hey all, just to introduce myself. I'm Jack Blackmore hehe 20 year old student from Bristol, UK. I recently started climbing back in september and it's about time i did something to get my stamina up (never been my strong point :D ) so I thought I'd get into cycling!. Bought a cheap road racer off ebay and... away I go! (with some huffing and puffing I must confess) Hey all!

I'm from Shreveport, Louisiana. I'm the Asst. Golf Professional at Shreveport Country Club. I am going to get into the triathlon scene this spring. If anyone has any tips on training or any other helpful thoughts please let me know.

Hi, I am from Helena Al. I am a former member of the Naval Special Forces, and am back in university studying History and Archaeology. B

Hello all,

I'm from St. Petersburg, Florida and have been a roadie for a couple years. I have been trying to manage a century per month. In November I did 200 km. The holidays and some surgery prevented me from getting out there. Soon. I recently tried mountain biking. What a blast. :)

Cheers,
Dana

Don from Clarksville, TN. Retired from US Army and from the public school system as a teacher.

Why can't I start a new thread to ask a question about a contrary left campy shifter? It says on the top right that I am logged in as Don777 but at the bottom when I click on new thread, there is the note that I MAY NOT post, reply, etc.
What's los?

Kindly,
Don

I am from tallahassee,fla. I ride an electric 26" beach crusier to and from work everyday.i built the bike from ground up.I really love the freedom of rideing.

New to cycling. I am a winemaker in Northern California. Been riding for two years now.

Look forward to the information from this site.

Wells

securityman_77@ said:
I am from tallahassee,fla. I ride an electric 26" beach crusier to and from work everyday.i built the bike from ground up.I really love the freedom of rideing.
Is there a kayak trailer you can tow behind a bicycle (eLECTRIC) 26"

wellsguthrie said:
New to cycling. I am a winemaker in Northern California. Been riding for two years now.

Look forward to the information from this site.

Wells
REPLY I AM FROM TALLAHASSEE,FLA. ride on a 26" electric assist front wheel drive bike .I built it from the ground up .R eally enjoy rideing to and from work.

I live near the N coast of Scotland, work for the Scottish Environment Protection Agency (yeah, a greenie!). Soon to spend a WHOLE year cycling around Oz, whoo-hoo! With no pay for a year - boo-hoo!:D

daviddd said:
I live near the N coast of Scotland, work for the Scottish Environment Protection Agency (yeah, a greenie!). Soon to spend a WHOLE year cycling around Oz, whoo-hoo! With no pay for a year - boo-hoo!:D
hello daviddd live in tallahassee,fla .I guess you could call me a greenie ,i ride a beach crusier 26" with electric pedal assist bike solar power and electricplug in. I ride my bike 19 miles per day to and from work . In the summer i ride the country side Iwork for a security enforcement firm .:cool:

I'm from Salt Lake City, Utah and I'm supporting my husband in his goals to ride Tour de France and Giro d'Italia routes.

I am trying to locate storage space for his bike box in Nice, France. We don't want to take up room in our rental car for three weeks.

Can anyone offer a suggestion?

Thanks!

chulula said:
I'm from Salt Lake City, Utah and I'm supporting my husband in his goals to ride Tour de France and Giro d'Italia routes.

I am trying to locate storage space for his bike box in Nice, France. We don't want to take up room in our rental car for three weeks.

Can anyone offer a suggestion?

Thanks!
I would go and speak nicely to a local bike shop Chulula - buy something and ask if you can leave it there. If you try a few shops I'm sure one will have room / will oblige. You could offer to pay but I doubt they'd charge, or maybe a small amount. Cyclists / bike shops tend to be universally helpful.

i'm a a retired dog trainer from new mexico. i rode every day until a back injury last december. now i'm back on the bike but less frequently and for shorter distances. am building back up to daily, longer rides.