Where are you from,what do you do?

Hey, Cycling community of the internet... Thought i'd register and introduce myself (been lurking for a while): I'm a student (computer sceince major) at KSU (Manhatta, Kansas). I'm currently not racing, but i'm thinking of getting back into it. Road or mountain is the question. I've done road in the past, but have been into mountain biking for a few years now. I'll see what happens *shrugs*.

Bethesda, MD\USA
biggrin.gif

Hi dcrob and welcome. A bit spooky, my name is D C Robxxxxx.....I sometimes use those initials!

I'm from Sedgley, between Wolverhampton and Dudley in the West Midlands, UK. I graduated from the University of Wolverhampton last year with a 2:1 Degree in Media Studies. I'm interested in walking and have done many wlks in my own area.

My name is Benjamin, I'm 17 years old, and I live in Jacksonville NC (USA). I've been intersted in cycling for over a year now, but I only just got my bike yesterday. For my first ride (this morning) I rode about 12 miles this morning, and I plan on doing the same thing every morning for the next three months. Since it was my first "real" ride this morning, it goes without saying the my crotch is pretty sore:eek: . For the future, I look foreward to the day that I'm able to ride in the MS 150 Bike Tour, but I probably won't this year. When I do, I'm riding the full 100 mile tour; No shortcuts for me!

As far as what I do is concerned, I'm unemployed at the moment. I hope to be able to hit the job trail soon. My hobbies include Bicycling, card magic and manipulation, Chess, the martial arts, and I collect glass bottles :cool: . Speaking of chess, if you want to play me, we can play on Yahoo messenger sometime. just add me (Walt_Whitmans_Ghost)! Any questions? Email me...

Hi,

From Melbourne, recreational roadie noob, enjoying lurking here and thought
I'd better surface and contribute. Great forum.

;)

dcrob said:
Bethesda, MD\USA
biggrin.gif
Welcome dcrob,

Come hang-out with us in the BIKE CAFÉ:)

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; or you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein

einstein_bike.jpg

"I thought of that while riding my bicycle." ~ Albert Einstein on the theory of relativity
school4.gif

Hi , I'm from Puerto Rico "la isla del encanto" on the caribbean sea .I ride a KHS flite2000 everyday for allmost an hour to get rid of those 35 pounds (lost 23in 2 months)to get in shape! jaja!. my job ...later on this.:)

hi, i'm brad, i'm 28 and live in dover,de. i work for the local p.d. as a dispatcher and am a fire fighter for dover as well. i've been biking on and off for the last 12-13 years and own 9 bikes which i try i ride them all throughout the year.

trying to get back into shape. took last year off to restore a jeep (fun task, but a mistake on my behalf). during the season i'll ride anywhere from 1-3 hours.

Hi
My name is Marco, I'm 29 years old.
I'm Italian but I have been living in London for the last 4 years.
I do special effects for the film industry, I'm specialized in computer animation.
In the spare time I like designing T-shirt as well.
I have an amazing folding bicycle and when the weather is nice I cycle about 14km a day.

Marco

What has happened to the walking forums? I found them on Google, but it appears that they have been archived. Are they no longer available for posting?

Hi, I live in Cape Town, South Africa. I'm an architectural vizualization artist, working for myself.

I want to get into cycling, to get fit and have fun. Still need to get a bicycle, propably a hybrid more for the road than off-road. I'm really keen on getting on a bike now, just terribly busy with some deadlines in my work for the next 2 or 3 weeks.

I grew up in a little univarsity town (Stellenbosch), where most people used to use bicycles to get around. As a kid I was very keen on bicycles. Always used to drool over some of the older guys' racing bikes. There were quite a few amateur and pro cyclist around.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to get some good info from you guys in future, hopefully one day actually contribute too!

Hi
My name is Robb, I'm 28 years old.
I'm live in Ohio.
I weigh 380 lbs. and am trying to lose 100 lbs. by the end of the year.
My goal is to ride the MS-150.
I ride whenever the weather is good/above 40 degrees.

Robb

Hi I am Simon from South West England. I have been lurking on this forum for several months and decided to surface today. I am an I.T Engineer, I am also a Tae Kwon-Do Instructor.

Hi. I'm from Westen Cape in South Africa. Riding the fun ride world champs this weekend :p . Looking to buy a MTB for the winter.

Hi there,

Im from a town called Aberystwyth on the west coat of Wales.

I love all kinds of biking, mainly x-country though, as we have some fab bike tracks for that around here.

I dont compete, but would love to in the future.

This is my first post so just thought id say hey!

x

Hello. My name is Tim. I live in Kansas City, Missouri. I am 39 years old and finally feel like doing something to get into shape. I am 225 lbs. at 6'1". I have noticed that motorcycle riding hasn't helped me drop any weight so I guess I'll have to pedal now:)

I have had bikes in the past but I just went out today and bought a Giant Yukon MTB and put on road tires for the present time. I also have a Schwinn S.30 which I picked up used from a friend several years ago. It is now loaned to another friend so I thought I'd start fresh with a new bike.

Just joined the group today and look forward to learning all I need to know about this sport. See you all in the posts.

Tim

Hi, I'm Sharon and I live in Boulder, Colorado. Married to a serious biker who has successfully gotten me hooked as well. We love to ride up into the mountains in the summer where even if you're having a lousy day, the view is hard to beat. Boulder is a great place to road bike.

I have a number of "epic" rides planned for this summer. The summer is short so we need to squeeze in as much fun as we can!

I ride a sweet little Salsa Campeon that I just adore. It's amazing what a well-fitted bicycle can do for your attitude and comfort.