Where are you from,what do you do?

dejinshathe said:
Newport, Melbourne, Victoria. Just bought my first bike in fifteen years and picking it up tomorrow. I'm a desk-jockey who doesn't believe in cars and I broke my inline skates - perfect opportunity to buy a bike, yeah?
How's the new bike then d? Better than skates?

G'day, I live in Highton, Geelong. I am a 30th year renal transplant patient, having began cycling in November 1977 (against advice and before the 36 stitches came out!). About 4 bikes in 30 years; just sold 15-year old Avanti bike and now got a GIANT coming 17th May. How bike technology has changed in 15 odd years!! Professionally, I am a fine art landscape and surveillance photographer, with an involvement in webtech, coding and admin. In order of what came first over 30 years, it is 1. bicycle touring, 2. MTBing 3. Photography, 4. Travel, travel, travel.... Where shall I go come Friday night?? :)

Greetings all. From Texas. Started riding seriously about 9 months ago. Just completed the MS150 ride from Houston to Austin. Was a lot of fun. Doing the LIVESTRONG Challenge in Austin in October.

IT by profession. Photography by hobby. :) Dabble in some family websites, and other sites. Started one a while back on Floyd Landis. Love Floyd. He is getting a raw deal but I think he will pull through.

Huge Lance fan as well. Have 5 of Graham Watson's limited edition signed prints of his victories. Searching for the other 2.

Anyway, look forward to learning and sharing on the forums.

Peace.

I am an American, a journalist and editor, and have lived in Prague, Czech Republic, for about 10 years. I've become a semiserious cyclist in the last few years (I did about 2,500 km last season), and have started a blog about my experiences in 2007. Check it out at www.praguebikeblog.blogspot.com and let me know what you think.

I'm 18y-o, retired from nationnal sport scene, now I'm working in coaching industrie for nutrition and getting back ol' dude in shape.:p

Oh I'm from Canada, Québec

Guest said:
:) Im from queenland australia and i cycle for fun and also competitively with a club. im now doing 35k each morning for practice.what do you guys do for practice? 8)
Hello,
I'm from East Ridge, which is a small suburban town near Chattanooga, Tennessee in the southeastern United States. At present time, I am an unemployed graduate student, but don't expect to be unemployed for long. I used to bike alot, but got away from it and am suffering from being out of shape. So, I'm fixing up my bikes and giving it another go.

Thank you,
-Bill

Hi everyone. Im very newbie from Charleston SC, Just bought a little Schwinn Trailways hybrid bike to commute my 5 miles to work, and needed some expert advice. :rolleyes: My perineum hurts when i ride..i think it just needs a change of the tilt angle, but Im wondering are all saddles standardized so can be exchanged between bikes? Or are Schwinns different since I can t seem to get my old bike seat to fit on this new one...
Also to commute to store and back i need some panniers..I have an old set from my ex, but need to attach some kind of rack..the racks I have seem much narrower than the rear hub of the bike and I think the bolt holes are too small . are those only for certain bikes? Want to do this myself if possible but I may break down and go to the bike shop..anyone please forward this to most appropriate place..thanks..Judy

Hello everyone! I,m from sunny England and Im currently in Honfleur, France. I,m touring around here and am off to belgium and holland soon.

Ok bye!

im from dublin ireland! studying engineering in dublin IT. just really gettin into cyclin, ****** love it already, thinkin about competing in the tour of ireland next year

ME WHEELS-, Trek 1500, just bought it for 1250 euro

Fav ride - 50KM trek around blessinton

Job - Dunnes stores haha, part time

The name is Jay Ciccarelli 36 year old avid bike rider and racer. Started riding 7 years ago after shattering my leg in a skiing accident and have a great love for the open road. I live currently in Mallorca Spain which is known to be a cycling paradise as many pro teams train here during our mild winters. it's hard to describe to non riders or those that don't follow pro cycling the smile you get when all of a sudden the likes of Alejandro Valverde, Gilberto Simoni or Paolo Bettini pull up next to you with their squad and just cruise with you for a few K's before dropping the hammer and saying bye. There are'nt many professional sports where you find the " stars" peddling round with common folk like myself. But this is cycling, it can't be made into a prima dona sport like most can. It's by and for ordinary Joes like us. Now my heart breaks to see where this sport is going with all the cheats and i only hope they will be real men and stand up and take what comes to those that cheat and stop groveling around and denying or hiding behind celebrity lawyers. Jay C.

Jay you have a point. I am new to cycling and am surprised by the amount of publicity doping is getting. I have an opinion and I would like to see it carried over all categorie of sport.
We know guys at the pro level do this stuff. They must. If they want to be the best and only a handful of guys are getting caught they have too. Money is involved. This is their career.
I say let them compete until a set date. Then tell them that anyone caught after that date will be banned for life.
These guys influence todays youth. If a 1-2 year ban is placed on someone, or even worse (as pro baseball) a 3 month ban these are only slaps on the wrist. Ban them for life. That is the only way to remove cheating at this level.

Hello All. I've never used a forum before, so bear with me if I appear to not know what I'm doing. I am 54 years old, single parent, a security technician for the last 32 years and own a 1972 Schwinn Paramount P-15 that I bought new in 1972. I am considering selling the bike as I no longer ride it, and my 15-year-old son doesn't think it's cool. The reason that I've come here is to perhaps find someone who will appreciate and use it as much as I have...also, I have the bike completely disassembled and stripped and am preparing it for repainting. I thought this might be a place to find someone who might be interested in purchasing the bike, and give them an opportunity to select the color they would like. Anyway, if someone's out there that would care to discuss the matter further, please email me at [email protected]. Regards, Mark.

Hey!
Im from NY about an hour north of the city. I just did the 5 boro bike tour this past weekend with my job and I had a great time. I dont own a bike yet but Im looking. I signed up for this forum so I could get some advice on what kind of bike to get. I want something that can go on and off road, but nothing to extreme off road. I was looking at the Giant Sedona DX, Boulder SE, the Yukon and then the Fuji Absloute DX, or the Sunfire 3.0. Any advice would be very appreciated!
Thank you and I cant wait to hear what you guys have to say!:p

What's up all? I have been cycling for a little bit now and just figured that I would jump onto this forum for some pointers and for some entertainment.

I'm originally from PA. I've spent time outside of Philly and also in PIttsburgh. Currently I'm in west virginia. I work for Marshall. I'm still trying to find some nice road rides around the huntington area so if anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

Thanks

Im from St. Louis Missouri USA, and i cycle for fun and will be getting my first road bike in a couple of weeks. I ride a GT dirt bike currently. Im trying to secide between a Giant and a Scott.:)

Joe63111 said:
Im from St. Louis Missouri USA, and i cycle for fun and will be getting my first road bike in a couple of weeks. I ride a GT dirt bike currently. Im trying to secide between a Giant and a Scott.:)
joe--go with the scott. I have a s-20 and love it. From what I understand, Scott is either one of the last companies that builds their bikes totally in the US or they build the mjority of the bike in US...something like that. Either way, the bike is awesome!

That is the next step "above" mine. Mine is last years model, so I'm not sure what the differences would be between the two. Good stuff though either way

We I did it! We went to the Bike shop and Im getting a Scott CR1 Pro. Its beautiful. Its the last bike ill ever owne so....... Here I go!