Where are you from,what do you do?

WillyGoat said:
Live in State College, PA, home to Penn State University. Tons of great riding both road and mountian.
Whoops forgot the what do I do part... Work for a travel company headquartered in SC. We offer local travel sites, where customers can get the same great prices as the big sites, and have the option to work through local travel professionals. An example: http://www.statecollegeflights.com

I am a lifelong bike rider,I live near Los Angeles ca,I have done racing and touring since I was 12yrs old,I am now 71 yrs old.grew up in Glasgow Scotland
moved to Ca in 1963.
I never had any serious crashes until 7 yrs ago when another rider brought me down and I broke my hip. I had a bad experience with the surgery,
it is a long story which I won't go into but it has left me with a leg that kicks out when I pedal and severe pain in the groin area (psoas ) muscle,I would like to hear from anyone who suffers pain in that area,I still ride 150miles a week with the help of some pain killers.
Charlie

Hi all i am from the UK and i have been cycling for about 12mths mainly on the commute, i recently bought a new bike a Giant SCR 2.0 and i am now training more seriously mainly for time trialling with the occasional road race.

I'm in York, Pennsylvania U.S.A.. I'm just getting into cycling for weight loss and I enjoy being outside. I'm 32 years old and have a Wal-Mart POS right now. I'm looking at a Kona Fire Mountain or something like that once I'm sure I can stick with it. My scedule only permits me to ride in the mornings before work so we will see how it goes. Looking foreward to getting to know everyone.

I live in Northern California, and while I've been engaged in other activities to keep myself moving about, I haven't biked in about 11 years. A friend just completed the AIDS Life/Cycle, and she inspired me to attempt it next year. So now I'm trying to educate myself before I buy a bike.

From the CA Bay Area. Ride as much as I can. Try to commute to work most of the week which is about 110km round trip each day.

Just broke my frame and have uploaded pictures in the general photo category. :(

I live in Colorado, which is an excellent place to ride, 300+ days of sunshine/year. I am new to the world of 'bents. I recently purchased an EZ-3 (that I nicknamed The Ladybug) and I absolutely love it. Pictures to come.

I'm from millbrae, calif., 13 miles south of San Francisco. Currently I bike 3 days a week mileage vary from 125 to 150 for the week. Do usually 2 spin classes a week, lift weights 3 times a week and started doing a little swimming. I'm 58 years old and involved in real estate. :rolleyes:

I'm from Cortland, Ohio. I've been biking on and off for years. I've finally decided to be serious about it. My goal for this summer is 1000 miles. My reward; a new bike. I just started this morning commuting back and forth from work, 36 mile round trip. My non-commuting rides average around 25 miles. Biking to me equals freedom. Love it.
For a living, I am an engineer at a Fab shop.

Hi! I live in northern NJ, 30 years old, have been riding for about 2-3 years now, and only wish I had more time for it (I work full time in sales, and go to school at night...) Started out with a Specialized Sirrus hybrid, which I grew tired of in about 3-4 months; sold it, and got a Lemond Alpe d'Huez with Ultegra/105 gruppo... couldn't be happier! Right now I'm trying to convince my wife to start riding as well... so, I signed for this forum to get some pointers for her (and myself!)... cheers!

Hello All
I'm a 61 year old from Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada and am back bicycling with my new Marin and loving it. It has been a LONG time, my last bike being a Raleigh 3 speed Sturmy Archer which I rode every day for about 15 years. Since then I have raised a family, am out of debt finally, retired, and married to the same woman who will not get on a bike. I ride about 10km every day and feel like a kid again.
I have been lurking here for a while and want to thank all of you for your valuable input which allowed me to buy the bike and accessories that suite me best.

Hello :)
My name is Omar and I live in Beaverton, OR. Im a full-time student (and much, much more, unfortunately) and Im currently unemployed (and bikes aren't getting any cheaper, dangit). I love mountain biking (x-country, freeride) and have been doing it since I was about 12. I broke a specialized stump-jumper hard tail recently and have been in the market for a new and completely different FS mountain bike. Breaker Breaker one niner - out.

Hi,
I'm originally from the Philippines, now in New Zealand with Kiwi hubby and 2 kids. I was an avid cyclist back home where I'd join road races and centuries and be just one out of 3 female cyclists (amongst hundreds of male 'cyclistas'). So you can say I never learned how to fix a flat tire with all the help around:p I also published a local magazine called BikeTalk.

Then I turned to triathlons, making it to the national team, competed around Asia and met my husband-to-be in the Hongkong Championships.

Twelve years later, now in Auckland, New Zealand running an online business selling sports drinks based on the science of the Japanes Giant Hornet (AAM and Hornet Juice - more of that later). Will be starting a new thread shortly as I am looking for cycling bloggers who are interested in trying our product (for free of course).

Cheers!:)

I'm here in the east bay (ca, usa) long time rider, newbie roadie, just picking up with an
upstart team here at my health club...

Hi everyone, my name is Adam, and I'm from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I've been riding for about 10 years, and I own a Louis Garneau Wings mountain bike. I'm interested in buying a road bike, and perhaps getting into racing.

Hi everybody. My name is Frederick and I live in Bellevue, WA. Suburb just 10 min. east of Seattle. Raised in the Seattle area, will die in the Seattle area. Personal Banker by trade, future cyclist at heart.

I bought a TREK 7.3FX this past May, strictly as a commuter bike as the traffic and gas prices in Seattle are absolutely awful. But as time has past I realized just how much I enjoy cycling. It's almost becoming an obsession. All I want to do is upgrade my bike, ride it, clean it, ride it, check out cycling forums, ride my bike...you get the idea. Next year I'm going to buy a road bike, shave my legs and begin to take this thing seriously.

BTW...I've lost 15 lbs. since May, I feel great and I think I've found a lifelong hobby that just might turn into a lifestyle.

Hi guys, I am in W.A. and looking to sell a Pinarello Prince LS. I am willing to sell Australia wide or can view Perth Metro area. To view or have pics email please contact me directly as I will not check this forum reguarly. My ph# is 0410 545 877 or email [email protected]. Thanks Andrew.