Where are you from,what do you do?

Hello,
I am writing from FL waiting for the heat to subside.
It's actually too hot to work on my new (used bike) a LeMond Nevada City, planning to upgrade the gruppo (a mixture of Shimano and Campy!), wheels and tires.
I scored a great Durace gruppo and I am contemplating just installing it on a new frame.
Best wishes.

hello everyone,
am from texas originally...now live in washington(tacoma area) and work at the airport here in seattle fueling planes!

Steve and Sue Redshaw ~ We are new owners of Moonlight Cottage, Cocking, West Sussex - a charming Bed & Breakfast and Tea Rooms, conveniently placed a third of the way along the South Downs Way (travelling from West to East).

We have subscribed to this forum for two reasons, firstly we are cyclists and are looking forward to exploring the new area we have recently moved to, and secondly to update forum members on Moonlight Cottage as the only reference to us in the forum is a negative one (albeit from a couple of years ago).

Cyclists and walkers can now book and stay with absolute confidence. In the three months we have been running Moonlight Cottage we have had dozens of positive comments from our guests. If you have stayed with us since July 2007, please consider adding your comments to this forum.
:rolleyes:

Upstate NY, I am corporate trainer iso of a permanent gig.

I have been riding on and off, on and off road too, for 30 years. I ride a Giant for the road and a Mongoose for off road. I am about to get a Carrera and that is how I found my way here. I wanted to learn more about the Carrera line.

I am from Baulkham Hills, NSW, riding an 08 trance and an 05ish trek 1500 and am currently completing a year in industry with the CSIRO at Lucas Heights.

I have had more of a chance to ride this year, which brings me to a place like this :) I am also looking for a fourth rider for the mont (will post in mtb section shortly)

Cheers!
Anthony

Hi, I'm from Vienna, OH. I went cycling for the first time with my Dad recently, got instantly hooked and I'm looking to do some research on road bikes here since I plan on buying one in the near future.

Plan is to ride daily and take part in local distance races.

Hi everyone. I am from Sonoma, California. I am now in Sacramento. I work in printing and ride as a hobby. Originally a Mtn. Biker but expanded to Road cycling a couple of years ago. I do it as a hobby, to keep sanity and to burn energy and relieve stress. My wife can tell when I need to ride so she forces me too. :)

Guest said:
:) Im from queenland australia and i cycle for fun and also competitively with a club. im now doing 35k each morning for practice.what do you guys do for practice? 8)

Hi I'm new to this forum and I have a really dumb question to ask. I'm from Massachusetts and I just bought a road bike but I do not know how to shift the gears. I mean I know how to shift but what does the right shift do and what does the left shift do? dumb, huh?

from CANADA race standard bred horses always looking for a way to improve my horses performance,,,,,,,however i will not compromise and cheat,,,,at this moment the synthetic aranesp is dominating the winners circle,,if you give it 4 days out the test is not able to detect it...how can i get similar performance and be in subjection to the laws.. thank you mike,

coco4288 said:
Hi I'm new to this forum and I have a really dumb question to ask. I'm from Massachusetts and I just bought a road bike but I do not know how to shift the gears. I mean I know how to shift but what does the right shift do and what does the left shift do? dumb, huh?
Welcome, neighbor :cool:

To answer your question, the front shifter controls the front derailleur and the right shifter controls the rear derailleur. The right one is used more frequently - the left one controls a range of speeds, there are more gear ratios on the rear cassette than on the front chainrings.

BTW - what part of MA are you from?

Hello everyone… I call myself Bionicycle, because I have had a hip replaced on my left side. (you know kind of a bionic parts kind of thing).:rolleyes:

I hail from the great state of Indiana in the United States of America. Central Eastern Indiana would be about right.

I am what I would call a recreational cyclist… I ride a single speed cruiser with a coaster brake, and a front brake added for extra safety. I have been riding a bike from about the age of eight years on… I’m coming up very rapid on forty seven. :eek:

I hope to get to know a lot of fellow bike enthusiasts, and learn some things along the way.

Safe and fun riding to you all…

cyberlegend1994 said:
Welcome, neighbor :cool:

To answer your question, the front shifter controls the front derailleur and the right shifter controls the rear derailleur. The right one is used more frequently - the left one controls a range of speeds, there are more gear ratios on the rear cassette than on the front chainrings.

BTW - what part of MA are you from?
Thank you so much for answering me. I know it's such a dumb question. I live in Lawrence right now. I was in a really bad car accident in June and want to try to get back in shape. I'm still recovering and can not drive yet so I bought a bike in the hopes of putting it on a trainer and getting in shape while I recover. Unfortunately, I bought it off the internet because I'm not driving. It came without instructions. So basically I should focus on the right one then? Thank you so much for answering me. I really appreciate it. Are you from MA?
Colleen

Hey, just hooked up. I'm from Melbourne. Ride an old Giant Iguana with slicks to and from work (about 140Km's a week). On the weekend, I get on board a TCR Composite Zero and stretch the legs. Looking at a hybrid for the daily commute. Would be intereted to hear other peolpe's thoughts.

Have a good one.:D

New to the site; just saying hello. I'm from Las Vegas, Nevada. My current ride is a Colnago C-50.

Currently recovering from a significant case of patellar tendonosis, so my riding is curtailed. :(

JeffVN

coco4288 said:
Thank you so much for answering me. I know it's such a dumb question. I live in Lawrence right now. I was in a really bad car accident in June and want to try to get back in shape. I'm still recovering and can not drive yet so I bought a bike in the hopes of putting it on a trainer and getting in shape while I recover. Unfortunately, I bought it off the internet because I'm not driving. It came without instructions. So basically I should focus on the right one then?
Yes - basically, the right shifter controls the speeds, the left shifter controls the range of speeds you get with the right shifter.
coco4288 said:
Thank you so much for answering me. I really appreciate it. Are you from MA?
Colleen
Yes - I'm in Plymouth. My wife and I are mainly MTB'ers but I'm beginning to venture into road riding as well.

Hi...just came across this site while surfing the net. I'm from the Philadelphia area in the US. Been riding for about 12 years now...started competing with a club 2 years ago. Did a few races last year...slacked off some this season. Ride a Lemond Maillot Jaune and a Fuji Team.

Hi I am from Colorado and work as a financial advisor.

I ride a hybrid as well as a road bike.

Hello all.

Been lurking a bit tying to read up on info about building up my first new bike in 15 years or so.

In a former life (young fun loving) I road way too much, raced quite a bit, worked in a few shops as a 2nd or 3rd job to support my bike habit and was an all around bike nut.

Calmed down a bit for a few years and after spending two years riding with guys from work and on my own I have the bug again.

I have moved around a lot. Grew up in the Detroit area, was in Va Beach area for a time, lived in Amish country PA for 5 years and currently live north of Baltimore, MD.

Current bikes include:
-Kestrel 200SC - Campy C Record all around except for DAce 7 speed down tube shifters (gasp) and derailleur. I totally love this bike and have had it since the early 90s. Too many sets of wheels to list all with freewheels and most are tubulars.

-Schwinn Voyager - Reynolds tubing and cobbled together parts. Part cyclocross bike, part commuter bike, part bike polo bike. Don't knock the polo thing it is actually kind of fun. It is a late 80 model I think.

-Sling Shot Mountain bike - I just dig the off centered-ness of this bike. Fun to ride and turns some heads. Mostly mid 90s XT and XTR parts.

-Some sort of Schwinn Tandem. The name escapes me now (cross cut maybe). 700c wheels but flat bars. It is a tandem cross bike if I remember correctly. Really fun to ride with the wife. Off road on decent trails can be a bit nerve racking but fun none the less.

-A million other frames/parts/junk. I need to have a garage sale.

Right now I have my new frame and waiting for some parts to ship to me. Still need a lot of items to put it together and man-o-man have things changed.

If I am not biking I am brewing my own beer or listing to music on vinyl, mostly I work too much.