Where are you from,what do you do?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Guest, Sep 11, 2001.

1. maanderx

maanderx New Member

I live in Cheltenham and work for the government. :cool:;)

2. islecycle

islecycle New Member

I'm Ryan, originally from the Bay Islands (parents work in gov't), now in the states. I work in retail management when I'm not listening to Steely Dan or out cruisin' around on my sh*tty bike.

3. cajr9

cajr9 New Member

I am from the northeast part of Brazil. I am 33 and love cycling, specially the road ones. Hope make friends and share ideas and knowledge in this forum. I work for the Federal Police as a federal officer. Enjoy cinema and endurance sports.

4. CycleGuard

CycleGuard New Member

hey all,
    I'm Frazer:cool:
    I'm from Niagara Falls Canada.
    I mostly commute by bicycle to work. I work security and it's a killer job:) .
    I ride my bike to do my errands and all my appointments. I really enjoy riding my bike and it's great exercise as I am a bit overweight so I use it as a way to save the environment and get fit at the same time as I don't own a car:D
    I plan to make my bike my car if you know what you mean. I don't want to get on the religious deal with you all but I beleive we have been put on this earth to take care of it and all we are doing is ruining it, we're killing the damn earth dude:mad: Anyhow I just think we should all do our part in the world and I think it means lowering the car volume on the roads and maybe getting more bikes out there, better transit systems and more cycle friendly legislation in cities and towns and get more bike paths and stuff.

Take Care all

5. DustBowlRefugee

DustBowlRefugee New Member

Wouldn't fancy it in February though. Good luck!

6. concord

concord Member

Hope your back gets better, take care of it and soon you will be back on the bike. I went through the same thing about a year ago and missed riding, just have to be careful. Good luck :)

7. PDSev

PDSev New Member

Hi everyone...I'm originally from Canada and live in Spain, where I work as a travel writer and part-time cycling tour guide. I run a website dedicated to cycle touring in Spain (http://www.spanishcyclepaths.com). I'm also the winner of the SAAB - Salomon Women Will active tourism competition; my project is to put together, mark and document the first cycle touring route across Spain, called the Trans-Iberian Express (http://trans-iberian.blogspot.com).

8. Trek Rider DK

Trek Rider DK New Member

Where: Denmark

Training: For fun and health/stamina

Job: Studying English language and international studies, 5th semester

9. 99m6z28

99m6z28 New Member

Hello everyone! My name is Brent and I am from Hewitt Tx. I have been on and off in cycling for about5 years now and I am finally ready to commit to it. I am looking forward to getting lots of good info from the forum!
    Thanks!

10. Scherry L

Scherry L New Member

Hey...

Thank you for the well wishes. ( :D )Your to sweet. Its been over two years though,(back problem)It seems my vertebrae are shutting off the fluid flow from my spine in both my lower back and neck. the neck being the worst. Well we will see. Right.

My name is Scherry btw. Bye now

11. KenFreeman

KenFreeman New Member

Hi, I'm from Ann Arbor, MI, and ride road bikes. I'm an engineer in the automotive industry, specializing in collision avoidance systems. My bikes are a collectible Masi, a Woodrup Giro, a Trek 610, and a Mondonico. All are friction shifted, but the Mondonico will soon be Campy 10 speed. Next summer I'm planning my first century.

I train with a HRM and just had my LT tested, it's 162 bpm at 190 watts. My own estimate had been 143, so I recommend having professional help!

I just got a Kinetics power meter to go with my Road Machine. With the new training zones I hope to progress pretty quickly this year.

12. concord

concord Member

13. maytown roadie

maytown roadie New Member

14. Ronin Talgar

Ronin Talgar New Member

15. knirsray

knirsray New Member

im from stoneville n.c. im a mech on cars and brick making equiment.stop smokingstarted riding 13 weeks ago :eek:

16. knirsray

knirsray New Member

17. cleuci

cleuci New Member

Im from Brazil and i'm a bike tours guide. If you come to Brazil, i help you!

18. knirsray

knirsray New Member

thanks for the offer of help.need info on older trek 414 z4:confused:

19. JoakimT

JoakimT New Member

"Who is your DADDY, and what does he DO?!"

[​IMG]

20. rouleur23

rouleur23 New Member

I am Pascal born in Ireland, lived in uk and now in France until they scew the lid on!!
    I race a bit and love the long distance sportives of 150k and more. No spring chicken now at 44. Run small cycling thing here in France. Not here to advertise so no sneaky goings on.
    Like touring too. See my non-profit touring thread.
    Keep riding folks!!! It's just the dogs eh??

P