Where are you from,what do you do?

I've been riding off and on for about a year and a half on my Trek 7200. I'm determined to make '08 my year in terms of getting in shape and being a better biker.
I live in Sugar Land, TX, just outside of Houston. I also teach 8th grade U.S. History.

hi, im felipe, from santiago, chile, im 32 y.o., im studying electrical engineering. ride the bike about 20km after work jumping and cruisin on my way to class(i work only half day), a dirtjumping bike. i´ve been biking almost 2 years now. im single(in beetween girlfriends (4ever it seems)), and ride a 4x bike on the weekends here in the dried up ski centers of my city( valle nevado or la parva).

c ya.

My name is Gregg, I am from Mitcham Victoria . I am a technician type person. I work for one of the larger TV Networks. I commute to work on my bike roads only. I can't stand bike tracks and Politicians.

Enough said for the beginning.(where's the spell check, why don't you have a spell check)

Hey all, My name's andrew just got into biking in the past months. I'm from Rhode Island, USA. unfortunately the weather's not the best here right now and the riding is impossible. i'm a student right now. any suggestions for indoor trainers? help please...i just want to ride!!

Hey all, My name's andrew just got into biking in the past months. I'm from Rhode Island, USA. unfortunately the weathers not the best here right now and the riding is impossible. i'm a student right now. any suggestions for indoor trainers? help please...i just want to ride!! THANKS ALL!! CHEERS :)

raspy87 said:
Hey all, My name's andrew just got into biking in the past months. I'm from Rhode Island, USA. unfortunately the weathers not the best here right now and the riding is impossible. i'm a student right now. any suggestions for indoor trainers? help please...i just want to ride!! THANKS ALL!! CHEERS :)
Welcome - what part of RI are you from?

Detroit, Mi here, mechanical engineer/powerlifter/commuter. I ride mostly my 80's TT steel pursuit (unknown manuf.) bike, and my track bikes 3 conversions 1-trek, 1-raleigh, and 1-schwinn. Looking to buy a mountain bike. I'm really intersted in road racing. Just here to learn.

David

I'm From Fullerton, Ca And I Am A Novice Rider Now But Much Better A Couple Years Back. I Enjoy The Thrill Of Riding And Wish To Enhance My Talents, Perhaps Do A Half Ironman Somewhere Down The Line.

Salam!

What do you really say here.. Hi I'm Dee and I'm an alcoholic.. oh wait.. wrong meeting!

Anyway, just starting cycling, really dont do enough, ride with my parents and sometimes their riding group, but my fitness isn't enough to do the big rides with them.

Keen to get into it more.. Any tips?

~Ms_Merida~ :)

- add ins.. oh yea i'm In Brisbane, Aus.

I live in Lake Tahoe,Ca (Truckee) for the past 7 years and before that it was Aspen,Co. for 30 years with the summers being spent in Montauk,N.Y. on the beach. I am currently working as a Developer and real estate broker in Ca.

Hi
I'm from Strasbourg in France
I practice mountain bike (Alps , Vosges and everywhere there are fine trails and landscapes).
I'm 55 and research engineer
My bikes : Trel Fuel 98, KHS alite 4000, city bike

im from CA. How do you get the search funtion to work on this forum - if it's unavailable, this forum is worthless.

I'm new to this forum also and am just starting to research it myself so I can't help you at the moment.Mark
Curt65 said:
im from CA. How do you get the search funtion to work on this forum - if it's unavailable, this forum is worthless.

Curt65 said:
mark3664 said:
I'm new to this forum also and am just starting to research it myself so I can't help you at the moment.Mark
Hi and welcome.

Curt - to answer your question, the search function normally appears in the blue bar below the tabs between "calendar" and "quick links" but is turned off when "server load is high". I discovered this "issue" about the missing Search command while using a link to find posts from another user - I got an error message saying "Search is disabled during high server load, try again in a few minutes".

If you need any more help or want to report technical problems, send a PM to this guy. He's the administrator of this forum.

I'm in Canberra, Australia... a very cycle friendly city.

Just gotten into cycling (hadn't been on a bike in almost 17 years!) and my butt is still aching! Santa bought me clipless pedals and cleats for christmas so I'm also covered in bruises, scrapes and scabs... most charming!

the aim is to ride about 150Km per week...

Hi Guys and Gals
I'm from UK. An area called Wirral which is probably best described as near Liverpool. A lovely area with plenty of country lanes and pleasant rides. I have a Scott hybrid which I ride for fun, exercise and to save the planet! Would love to give up my car but it's not practical.:cool: