Where are you from,what do you do?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Guest, Sep 11, 2001.

1. triblue

triblue New Member

I am from Boulder, Colorado & San Diego California - toggling both states - for the riding, fun, sun & biking - although...I also play in the world of triathlon;) New to the site and checking it out.

2. Norcal cycler

Norcal cycler New Member

Palo Alto, California (site of the recent Prologue for the Tour of California); lawyer and teacher.

3. Juggler2

Juggler2 New Member

Mid-Michigan, retired. :)

4. TLC_81

TLC_81 New Member

Hi, I have just moved down from Brisbane to Melbourne. I was hoping to find some others interested in mountain biking around the melbourne area?

Is there any one out there who enjoys mountain biking? :)

5. flyor64

flyor64 New Member

us expat in Oslo, Norway. Systems engineer.

Very new to area...only got half a dozen rides in before the first snow/ice of winter last year. Still exploring/planning for the spring that is slowly approaching.

Haven't done much snow riding...having lived in the southeas US for the last 7 year is scares the crap out of me :D

6. Ordovician

Ordovician New Member

Hi all,

I am from Anglesey, North Wales and I really enjoy cycling along our beautiful coastline, especially when it isn't raining! Great views make the effort worthwile.

7. Bikecop921

Bikecop921 New Member

Hello every one, I am from Georgia and not only do I enjoy cycling but I am able to do it while I work as a police officer!:D

8. leo0648

leo0648 New Member

My name is Leo Lasecki and I am from New Orleans Louisiana. I have an older bike that my dad gave me. Not sure on the brand, but I have recieved a lot of compliments on it from college students.

9. davess1402

davess1402 New Member

Hi my name is Dave & I'm a recovering ......................cyclist who has just returned to the saddle after a long absence :eek: , reside in Scotland,

;)

10. ridelikeacoyote

ridelikeacoyote New Member

Today I'm in Turkey, earning bread to fuel my riding habits......

11. davidrayson

davidrayson New Member

Hi I would like to ride in Turkey some time it sounds fantastic. I have a friend who absolutely loves the place. What are your movements after Turkey.

David

12. ridelikeacoyote

I wouldn't ride it. Too many giganitic roaming farm dogs without shots to consider the countryside on a mtn bike, horrible roads and drivers for road bikes. Plus, it's in a military state of paranoia everywhere now and it's no fun stopping regularly at control points having to explain to people in uniforms with automatic weapons who don't know english what you are doing in the middle of nowhere. I much rather hang out in the valleys and mountains of northern Utah where the most dangerous elements are a sunburn and the lack of refreshment stands.

13. philly_sax

philly_sax New Member

I am a medical trial attorney by day, from Philadelphia. My hobbies include playing sax in an all-lawyer classic rock band ("Class Action"), photography, a little golf, and of course, biking. I have been riding a hybrid recreationally for about 10 years, including charity events. I captain our firm's American Cancer Society Bikeathon team, and I have decided to take it up a notch and train more seriously. I have a new road bike and work 1/4 miles from Valley Forge National Historical Park and the Schuylkill River bikeway, and I will be interested in advice on endurance training, as I do not intend to race.

14. FootyFanatic

FootyFanatic New Member

Hi everyone, I'm a 23 year old 1st year medical student at the University of Ottawa. I've always been interested in cycling but only started to get serious about training last summer when I picked up a mtb and a roadie. I cycle mainly because it's alot of fun and also because it improves my physical and mental health. Overcoming hills and training is like overcoming challenges in life, I love it. BTW, Miguel is my hero.

15. ridelikeacoyote

A wonderful help for me was reading "TRAINING FOR CYCLING"/DAVIS PHINNEY,CONNIE CARPENTER. Although the book is 15 years old, it covers all the little details necessary to understand how the body makes a bike go. These two cyclists are world class but are in touch with cycling of all types and for all reasons. Cranking it up a notch is being able to organize time and coordinating the mental game with physical abilities. They enlightened me. I bought a used copy for $4. Best money I've spent in years.
    -ridelikeacoyote

16. dougadam

dougadam Member

Hi

My name is Douglas Adams and I am from Grand Rapids Michigan.

I am a Watkins Independent Associate. You might remember Watkins for there World famous vanilla!

17. canary

canary New Member

Hi All,

I live on the Central Coast NSW and work in Sydney...travelling each day.

I ride on weekends on my Bianchi Via Nerone7..it's a better bike than my ability requires, but i'ts good to have a nice machine.

Any other coasties out there ...?

18. JWill226

JWill226 New Member

I'm from Crescent City California and I'm a dump truck driver. I made a comitment to use this year to jump start me getting healthy and have chose cycling to get me there. I have both a road and MT bikes and an just all about having fun right now.

19. rayflana

rayflana New Member

I'm from Charlotte, NC and I'm an IT Instructor. I'm getting back on the bike after an 8 year absence. In the past 6 months, I've logged in over 1,500 miles.

20. Tyremark

Tyremark New Member

Hey, Im from Cambridge, UK, currently training for a 6000mile cycle tour from the UK to Kenya, to raise money for A worthy charity out there!

www.downrightkenya.org

ANyone can join if there interested!!

Mark