Where are you from,what do you do?

What a cool thread topic!!!

I'm from Kalamazoo, MI USA and I work for a government revenue managment vendor in Infomation Technology. I work from a home office and am therefore able to ride quite often with the local bike club and also on my own. I'm well on my way to a 6,000 mile year!

Riding a Torelli full-carbon with Mavic Ksyrium hoops underneath...

Hey guys i am from Bathurst. I do anything that involves adrenaline pumping through my body. I am currently unable to ride thanks to last weekend competing at newtons playground. I have been told i may be out for at least 12months untill my femur repairs itself and all surgery is complete:mad: I hope you all are doing better than me:) Have a good one peeps and keep shreading!

Hi all, I'm from Paramount, CA. and work for Chevron as a refinary plant Operator/Emergency Response Team (ERT) member with the Chevron Fire Department. I ride road, track, cyclocross and mtb.

Im David. Im from southern CA.. near Los Angeles. I have my degree in Animation and working to try and get a job at a film studio of some sort. :D

New to cycling. But lifetime enthusiast of being outside in the sun and enjoying the world around me. Hoping to do it on a bike now. :cool:

e-male said:
Yes, Vo2, I am certainly going to try. I did it last year, although I did not do much training. I have the Argus 3 times. However, I am not yet in the sub-3 category.

What about you? Any sparkling tips, drugs ;) (hehehe), boosters etc?

I am a beginner biker starting from scratch with a recently purchased Claud Butler Gents Classic. Yes I know, rather staid but then I am now 55 though I don't feel it. On average I do about 10 to 12 miles daily, mostly commuting to work. I did cycle before about 20 years ago. It is slowly coming back to me. I live in Bournemouth, Dorset in England and work on a plant nursery. As far as drugs go I have been trying Olmifon, a vigilance enhancing drug, touted as an all round mental alertness enhancer. For me it don't work. Reduced my sleep to four hours a night! Not good. Dunno what this has to do with biking unless related to night riding marathons... :D

From Southwest Chicago suburbs. I am an Emergency Medicine Physician just getting back into the hobby after 20 years. Used to Road Race "back in the day".

My bikes as they stand now:

1985 Specialized Allez SE (memories of Breaking Away :p )
2006 Giant Cypress DX (Wisconsin vacation bike)
2008 Marin Mill Valley (Just ordered :D )

I am just currently on the wind trainer watching the Spring come in. Also trying to match all my pedals a bit more (already posted about this, think I'm going with SPD A520, M324, A520 respectively: The Giant will be a gym shoe bike as well)

Thanx for having me here:)

My name is Jim. I am from Georgia, USA. I have been mountain biking for almost 10 years now. I am currently studying mechanical engineering and I have worked as a bike shop mechanic. I recently began road biking and I really enjoy it. Bikes rule!

I live in Henderson, Nevada. I'm 58 and have been cycling since I was a kid. Switched to mountain bikes in '94. I prefer to commute on an MTB because nothing gets in my way. I lived in Colorado 33 years and was able to ride 2,500 to 3,000+ miles per year commuting in spite of winter snow. The weather in Henderson is never a factor except for July and August. During July and August I have to ride before the sun comes up. In Colorado during the winter I was able to ride in temps as low as 5 F. Here in the Las Vegas area the temp rarely drops below 30 F during the winter. The summer is a whole different story. I don't do well in temps over 105 F.

from ft. wayne, in, usa; i'm a bike mechanic, building the **** that wal-mart sells. (lbs can't match the pay) as much as they would love for me to throw the things together like so many others do, i can't NOT build a bike properly....

i don't train; i just ride -- commuting, for fun, with my daughter, run errands, hit the trails, whatever. i...just...ride!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida....new to the cycling scene and love it. Wish I started years ago but better late then never. :eek:

Hey I am from Michigan and going to school at Lake state. And in case anyone wants a bike or hiking guide this summer go to Hessel MI because I am an ecotour guide at Woods and Water Ecotours.

Hi , Gazza here from England.

Looking forward to picking up some useful training hints from this forum. :)

Hello all! Im a m 49 YO "old school" rider getting back into the sport. I live in a semi mountainous area (I'm only 12 miles from the Sacramento Valley, Chico, Ca. to be exact) so lots of ups and downs. I'm looking forward to riding through Bidwell Park (Chico) also.
Married, one kidlet.
I'm in the middle of restoring a road bike I built around 1984. Campy crankset and derailers, DiaComp brakes, custom Reynolds frame ect. I'll be picking up the wheels this afternoon.
Looking forward to "meeting" everyone here!

Hi all,
Another of the master level riders (47 y.o.), who goes for a biking holiday over the summers, but deciding that I need to get in shape first.
Anyways, I'm a Chicagoan who has moved to London.

I've got some £20 bike from an auction, but have a Tunturi T8 in the house that I've got connected to Netathlon which is pretty enjoyable. Safer than the roads around here, and still give one hell of a workout.

Will look in and see what I can learn.

Cheers,
Dr.Dave

Whatup all, I'm 20, all about XC MTB but also love single trail and takin it on the road for the smooth speed. Got serious 2-3 years ago and each year I keep doing more and getting deeper. Looking to go competitive very soon.

Currently riding a Specialized HardRock frame with everything else replaced over the years (including a Marzocchi XC 600 Fork). Looking to upgrade to a Specialized Epic Comp or Expert soon.

hi everyone just bought giant crs 3.0 hybrid.I am from ireland and have not cycled in 15 years.Although i have kept fit on a magnetic bike and indoor rowing.I thought i wought be fun to get a bike and some fresh air.I was advised to get a hybrid bike now having second thoughts.Does anyone have a hybrid bike like to hear there views.I intend to cycle to work 5 miles each way,and on the weekend maybe go for longer rides.Can you cycle 20 30 40 miles on hybrid at a good pace.

hey everyone

i'm a 23 year old artist currently living in memphis, tn. i was a really casual biker up until recently; i used to have a dark green schwinn frontier that my dad bought me when i was in 6th grade, but it got stolen back in october so for xmas my mom got me a new bike and i've been getting more and more interested in mountain biking as a general hobby ever since.

here's what i've got now

i started looking for a good biking forum today because i kept coming up with all kinds of questions - mainly about fixing or upgrading components - and had no one to ask for help except local bike shops, but who wants to pay money for a tune up when you could learn how to do it yourself?

so here i am, bike mechanic in training.