Where are you from,what do you do?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Guest, Sep 11, 2001.

1. Anticyclone

Anticyclone New Member

Hello there, i'm John and i live in London although i am from the english side of the Welsh border originally. Never really done any competitive cycling although i did do a 10 mile time trial once.

Have cycled a bit in the gym over the past few years and am now looking to return to the road:)

2. fizixdoc

fizixdoc New Member

Hey All:

I'm Ray and I currently live in Metro Detroit after many years in Sausalito, California. I'm a professor of theoretical physics and an avid road rider and triathlete. I've been cycling on and off for most of my 46 years and have taken some great cycling tours in the US and Europe.

My Bikes:

Road Warrior Bike: Marin Stelvio, Campy Record

Tri Bike: Felt S22, Dura-ace and Zipp 404s

Urban/Hybrid: TBD but looking at Gary Fisher (Mendotta, Utopia and Cronus) and Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra. Hope to have the new bike this weekend!

3. sirius631

sirius631 New Member

Hi,

My name is David. I'm a member of Walsall Roads CC, based in the W.Midlands of England. I'm trying to make a come back to cycle racing after 9 years out, although I kept cycling in the meantime. I've consulted a sports physiologist twice this year, to help me set my zones and put a bit of structure into my training.

Having stuck to steel up until now, I've bought my first aluminium slippy bike from a club mate (a Giant TCR). I hope this makes me go faster.

David

4. sirius631

sirius631 New Member

Forgot my bike list :(

Holdsworth Professional road bike. 1985 531 Pro. Campag Super Record, upgraded with Record & Chorus carbon.
    Holdsworth track bike. 1970s. 531c. Campag Record track.
    Sirius cyclo-cross. 1996. Reynolds 631.
    Giant TCR time trial. Frame 2005. Groupset 2008 Campag Record Carbon.
    Dog of a hack bike on the turbo trainer.

David

5. kipjac

kipjac New Member

I'm Kip, from Michigan, USA. It's the state shaped like a mitten :p

I ride a custom Crumpton carbon fiber that just celebrated it's first birthday. The bike is a dream, atmo. It's one of three bikes that I own; the other two are a 1989 Basso Ascot and the remaining bike is a 1998 Seven Axiom. Oh, I also have a 1994 Litespeed mtb but it plays second fiddle to my road bikes. All the road bikes are Campag-Chorus or Record equipped. Love that gruppo!

I work in the health care industry in a busy university hospital. I'm 53 years old and rode about 3,400 miles last year, most of which were on the Crumpton SL.

6. bobhufford

bobhufford New Member

7. Powerful Pete

Powerful Pete New Member

Whoa. Welcome. Nice bicycle collection, and excellent group choice! :D

8. Bikerog

Bikerog New Member

I'm BikeRog, living in Palm Desert, CA. I raced back in the day, which was a lot of days ago, but I got back into it at age 62 and ride whenever I can.

Bike: 2007 Trek Madone, Ultegra.

I hope to replace the Bontrager wheels in the near future, but other than that, most of the changes I make will come from changes to my own skills.

Hope to see some of you on the road.:cool:

9. rockstar101

rockstar101 New Member

Hey I am from Brizzy Australia
    I have been MTBing for a few years and just bought a flat bar roadie after riding an MTB with slicks into the ground on my daily commute

I am a student psychologist working in mental health

cheers

mike

10. barba

barba New Member

Hello all,

I am from Ohio, USA but I currently live in Massachusetts. I am in the process of moving off of bikeforums.net, and looking for a new place to talk bikes.

I own more bikes than is sensible and get to ride less than I might like. Currently, I count 2 road bikes, one track bike, a single speed road bike and a mountain bike as my usable bikes. There are, of course, a pile of projects and bits laying around besides. I think I might like working on bikes easily as much as riding them

barba

11. cyberlegend1994

cyberlegend1994 Moderator

Hi Barba - welcome to the forum. Where in MA are you?

I actually joined BF back in September, they seemed OK in the beginning, but shortly afterward, one of the mods - who I probably shouldn't name - PM'd me and indirectly suggested that I get rid of my sig, because he says "it triggers false positive Norton Security alerts" and thinks that they may get complaints about it.

I haven't deleted my sig from there and have no intention of doing so because it's completely harmless, although it may seem a bit scary to some....

12. barba

barba New Member

I live in Amherst and work in Greenfield.

The newer management of BF leaves quite a bit to be desired. They tend to have a very bullying style with the current admin. team. It is a shame, as it is otherwise a nice forum.

13. stevet59155

stevet59155 New Member

i am from Austin. I am a couple of auto repair businesses. i have 3 bikes, a Giant TCR, a Guru Carbonio Tri (which i'm thinking of selling), and a Ritchey Breakaway.

14. luvmom

luvmom New Member

I live in Folsom Ca. I am a way ameture rider. I ride for exercise at about 330 in the morning in summertime. My bike is slow and ancient with quirky problems but I don't use my bike for transportation, so who cares how slow it is! I wont' replace it until I find someone to ride with.... and I can't keep up.

:eek:

15. teacherbill

teacherbill New Member

I am Bill Sistler. I teach computer applications at SRMS in Sebastian, FL. Here the "hills" go over to the barrier island for long distance training.:D

Bill

16. rkokish

rkokish New Member

I'm 676 retired, and living in (far) northern coastal CA. We are working on selling our CA home and moving to the Roaring Fork Valley in Colorado. I ride a custom built Surly LHT, an upraded Schwinn Mesa MTB and an old Schwinn Traveller that I recently rebuilt. We already have a small second home in CO where I keep and ride a custom built Surly Cosscheck.

17. halanvt

halanvt New Member

My first post-

My name is Alan, I live in northern Vermont, about 30 miles from the US-Quebec border, in the northeast corner of the US known as New England.

I have been road cycling for about 10 years, am over 60 years of age, married with a couple of grown boys. So far I have enjoyed day trips 30-80 miles, with plans for a couple of overnights this summer, and longer trips next year.

Alan ;)

18. concord

concord Member

Way to go Alan! I'll retire in a year and than I'll be able to do the that kind of 'daily' rides. Right now work gets in the way!
    :D

19. Yippee38

Yippee38 New Member

I already have a post here somewhere. But I've changed careers, so I figured it's time I made a new post. I still live near Chicago, IL, but I'm now an airline pilot. I fly a CRJ (google it if you want to see a picture). It's great, but doesn't leave much time for cycling. :(

20. concord

concord Member

COOL! :D