Where are you from,what do you do?

Jeppi said:
Hey all

My names Jesper which makes my nickname Jeppi. I'm from a cold icy country with "polarbears" called Finland :p. My lifes passion is cycling and i'd like to make a career out of it :rolleyes:... (or atlest thats a wish) Anyways I'm hoping to have a nice time at this cycling forum so I'll see you all around :)

Do you have any ideas on how to make cycling a career? If so, let me know!

Cullen

Culli, Jeppi,
Become a famous bike racer like Lancy or Levi Leipheimer. They are doing ok, you ought to see the beautiful new house Levi has north of here, and he goes out and trains every day, 50 or 100 miles or more. Every day. Nice life if you ask me.
dc

New here, Moved from Cape Town mid year 2008. Living in Sydney, work for home automation company, ride a full bounce Spez and Cervelo road. Dont ride enough, all work no play......love trails in Sydney!!!!

Joel, from near Sacramento, CA. Stay at home dad. Roadie. Tried to join this forum several months ago and only just recently granted posting permission. Go figure?

JoelS said:
Joel, from near Sacramento, CA. Stay at home dad. Roadie. Tried to join this forum several months ago and only just recently granted posting permission. Go figure?
Welcome to the forum.
You might want to take a peek at this thread regarding your delay in being approved, there's a message there from Steve, the admin about it.

I'm located in the triple digit heat of West Texas. Lately the pavement has been melting under my bike tires.

cyclenow said:
I'm located in the triple digit heat of West Texas. Lately the pavement has been melting under my bike tires.

Here, in Tucson, AZ, we feel your pain. We've already been to 109° and have been over 100° for most every day of the last two weeks.

cyclenow said:

alienator said:
Here, in Tucson, AZ, we feel your pain. We've already been to 109° and have been over 100° for most every day of the last two weeks.
Why does one choose to live in places like this? :confused:

I'll take -40F. over 100F. Can always put on more clothes.

Wlfdg said:

The weather is perfect most of the time in my homestate Wisconsin. I agree with you, I prefer cycling in the dead of winter than on a hot, muggy day in August.

I do hate the snow though!

Wlfdg said:

Why. Here are just some of the reasons:
  1. Latinas
  2. College chicks
  3. Latina college chicks
  4. Riding 365 days a year
  5. Mountains
  6. Latinas

alienator said:
Why. Here are just some of the reasons:
  1. Latinas
  2. College chicks
  3. Latina college chicks​
  4. Riding 365 days a year
  5. Mountains
  6. Latinas
We have all those where I live.
1. Illegal immigrants
2. Trustafarians
3. #1's daughters
4. I can ride all year. From Thanksgiving until April it's on a splitboard, May to July I can bike and snowboard, July to November I bike.
5. GOT MOUNTAINS!
6. See #1

I still don't have to deal with triple digits.:D

I’m studying computer science, I also ride bikes and chase chicks.
I've been living in melboure all my life and do about 1-3 hours per day on the bike &nbsp

alienator said:
What is nbsp? Is it treatable? Does it leave unsightly scars or rashes?

He's a spammer who posts dodgy links, elsewhere he says he's from canada, he is actually from the philippines.

& n b s p ; (without spaces) stands for non-breaking space, its used in HTML to insert a space :)

regards

I am from Cherry Hill, New Jersey. I have only recently become interested in the sport of Cycling. As of now, I am not currently doing any training because I am still trying to find people to ride with, most likely in a club that I can join, and proper equipment. The equipment may be an issue since I do not currently have much money, as most of my time consists of being a high school student. Wish me luck! :)

BDoosey said:
I am from Cherry Hill, New Jersey. I have only recently become interested in the sport of Cycling. As of now, I am not currently doing any training because I am still trying to find people to ride with, most likely in a club that I can join, and proper equipment. The equipment may be an issue since I do not currently have much money, as most of my time consists of being a high school student. Wish me luck! :)

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to visit the Next Generation section, you'll find a lot of younger cyclists there.

Can't remember if I posted in here already,or even the last time I posted on this forum,but anyway I'm originally from south staffordshire but moved to Darlington in 2001. I work as a CSA in somerfield soon-to-be co-op.
Haven't been on my bike in over a year now!

The last guy I spoke with from Johannesburg said they are about to go to war down there and was looking for troops from other coutnries to help. e-male can you tell me anything else about that?