Where are you from,what do you do?

Hi, I'm City and I cycle an average of 26 miles per day five days a week. I also cycle in a club and would like to start racing within the next year or so. :D

Hi, I am from Lancashire North West England but live in Oxfordshire. Love getting home to Lancashire to ride on the Pennines. Nature is so beautiful and we miss so much of it in the car that's why I love riding my Trek :)

Live in NE Texas and ride a touring bike so customized it is now generic. If I'd known :confused: at the time I was going to be a touring addict, I'd bought a LHT upfront. Oh well.

Hey I'm Jim from Essex, England. A friend and I are looking at getting bikes for fitness' sake, currently eyeing up secondhand Specialized Rockhoppers, primarily here to learn if they're the right bike for me!

Cheers!

Howdy, I'm an older rider living in California's central valley not too far from the Sierra foothills. I work nightshift in a supermarket. Build my rides and do my own maintainance.(Own too many bikes...) :D Pleased to meet y'all!

I'm a bit south of San Francisco, California. Enjoy club and other friendly riding for health and recreation both on and off road. Former road racer and enjoy Italian steel frame restoration as one of my hobbies. Got a great local back road ride yesterday only encountering two cars.

Meisterjager said:
Hey I'm Jim from Essex, England. A friend and I are looking at getting bikes for fitness' sake, currently eyeing up secondhand Specialized Rockhoppers, primarily here to learn if they're the right bike for me!
Cheers!

Without knowing more about where you're gonna ride, hard to say. This is a respected hardtail mtb, best for technical trail riding. If that where you're going with it, be fine. Otherwise a hybrid or road bike for fitness.

The forums at www.bikeforums.com are much more active with knowledgeable people. Find the mtb forum and post your question there if you haven't already.

Hi
My name is Dave, I am from Lancashire in the Northwest of England and I recently found cycling to be the best thing for improving my fitness.
Injury pushed me towards cycling and I only wish I had tried it earlier.
I notice TamswinB1 is from Lancashire too. Any more Pennine lovers around?

Dave W

I am from Paterson, NJ, USA. I do live in State College, PA, USA because I go to college there at Pennsylvania State University.

I love to ride my bike and enjoy it to the fullest. It's as simple as that. I want to do my first triathlon this year coming up in 2010. My life goal is to do an Ironman event one day.

hello I'm from Belgium and 55 years and am new to this forum and I had a question already asked about buying carbon cycling in china
rega rds
navi

I'm from Long Island, NY. 72 yr. old musician, retired HS music teacher. Love to get out to ride as much as possible.

Hey all,

I'm a freelance designer on the north shore of MA...I've been an avid road cyclist for almost 10 years now, and have a few bikes in the stable. My main ride is a 2002 Trek 1000, which I just got back from the shop last week...I also have a 70's Gitane mixte frame, and a 70's Raleigh Grand Prix, as well as a 60's Colombia 3-speed that I had rebuilt.

Just gathering all my gear to do some winter riding...some snow on the ground now, but hopefully it doesn't get too cold, and the roads stay clear for awhile.

I'm also a photographer, and take pictures of just about everything, including pics of my bikes and on my rides.

Here's my Trek fresh from the shop:
IMG_7239.JPG

So yeah, I'm on here to refine my training, share my experiences and talk bikes.

- Ashley

reddDesign said:
Hey all,

I'm a freelance designer on the north shore of MA...I've been an avid road cyclist for almost 10 years now, and have a few bikes in the stable. My main ride is a 2002 Trek 1000, which I just got back from the shop last week...I also have a 70's Gitane mixte frame, and a 70's Raleigh Grand Prix, as well as a 60's Colombia 3-speed that I had rebuilt.
Welcome aboard. Great to see more New Englanders here. Enjoy. :cool:

reddDesign said:
Here's my Trek fresh from the shop:
IMG_7239.JPG

So yeah, I'm on here to refine my training, share my experiences and talk bikes.

- Ashley
Nice steed. :cool: