Where are you from,what do you do?

Hi there i'm from Quebec, Canada very interesting threads arround here .... see ya !!!! :D

hi, my name is mitty and i'm from California, US. i've been an alcoholic for quite some time...oops, wrong forum. i ride an indoor trainer.

Hi all My Name is Donovan iam from South Africa , have always loved cycling , but have gotten lazy , broke the bike out and started again on the 1st of Jan

Hi There!!
I am andrewan.
I am medical student. Planning to purchase 4 wheels in near future.
I would like to say Happy New Year to all.
See you guys later.

happy-new-year21.gif

Hi to you all.

I'm James. Just a middle of the pack age grouper.

I need to improve my cycling splits this year so I thought that visiting a cycling forum could certainly help. So, for me 2010 will be all about learning how to train.

Thank you and happy new Year

Hello everybody:)
My name is Scott and I am currently staying here in China & Hong Kong.
I just ordered my 2010 Trek 7.5 FX and will be picking it up on 1/10/10
The roads here in China are pretty rough and lots of bike paths and sidewalks, hence the reason for deciding on the FX.
Oh and by the way, I am an American and being here in China has been quite the culture shock

Hi I'm Bronny. I'm from East Gippsland region of Victoria, Australia. I am not a competative rider, but I would love to train up to do triathlons one day.

Hey everyone! I am a returning cyclist after 10 years off the bike. I'm getting back into cycling for several reasons...I'm over-weight and need the exercise, I love bicycling, I want to help develop the sport of cycling in my area. I'm in the automotive industry currently, with plans to change my direction when the time is right. I used to ride competitively, and I've gotten the bug again and want to ride semi-competitively again...where life allows it (lol).

Hey. I'm jaywbee3 from New Hampshire, USA. I am 59, retired, and use my bikes mostly for utilitarian things like getting groceries, etc. although I do ride for recreation and fitness.My main bike is a Trek 7300 and I have a Trek 5200 (more bike than I am a biker), a Burley Duet Tandem that I ride with my SO, and a Trek 7100 that I keep stashed at my sister's home in Illinois. I recently started fixing up old bikes and giving them away through the local soup kitchen.

Hey, I'm in Adelaide, South Australia and gearing up to watch & join in a bit on the "Tour Down Under". Notably, world champ Cadell Evans and also lance Armstrong are racing in the event again. Check it out on TV from 17 Jan.

I am newbie to this forum. My name is billy completed my Graduation now. My hobbies Cycling and Bike Riding. These Forums are really interesting and I hope that I will gain lot of knowledge from these forums.

Hi guys.
Im Antonio, Im Spanish and living and working in England at the moment. I am newbie here as well.
I just come to say hello and wish u a happy new year.
Somebody know the best places to look for a cycling events calendar in the UK?

Cheers!

"A" said:
I am near Philadelphia, PA.. frequently ride on the Schuylkill Trail between Oaks and Philadelphia.
I started riding bicycles when I was a teenager, ridden coast to coast twice before I turned 19, I have worked in bicycle retail stores over a decade, raced road bikes , mt. bikes and downhill in my college years; I also lead mt. bike expeditions in the Appalachian Mtns.
Nowadays, I ride mostly just for recreation, road, recumbent, semi-recumbent tandem with my wife..

Let me know if you'd welcome a riding partner, at least one time, to show me the on and offs points of the Schuylkill trail. I'm in Reading, PA area and would like to try the Schuylkill trail beginning at Oaks. People I talk to can't tell me if I should ride that section with a MTB or road bike. I'd prefer the road bike, but, either setup works for me. Seriously, send me a note if you're open to hosting a newbie to the Schuylkill [email protected]. Advanced thaks.

[lang=de]Hi,

my name is Mario. I'm from Deutschland (Germany).
I love cycling und cycles. At the moment I'm waiting for my Specialized SL3 frameset, that should be delivered at the end of the month.
I often ride with my singlespeed bike to work and I love riding with my Mountainbike in the "Spessart"forrest. :D
I've been a big big Jan Ullrich Fan, but since he has retired and Lance began to ride again, I also keep my fingers crossed for LA. :rolleyes:

Greets from Germany
Mario[/lang]

I'm Donny, I'm 38, I like to swim, bike, and run, but I've decided to devote all my training and focus on biking!!!!

I live in Eastern Kentucky and can dodge coal trucks with the best of them.

Looking forward to Spinervals all winter and hopefully when the weather breaks, I'll be out and about!!!

jaywbee3 said:
Hey. I'm jaywbee3 from New Hampshire, USA. I am 59, retired, and use my bikes mostly for utilitarian things like getting groceries, etc. although I do ride for recreation and fitness.My main bike is a Trek 7300 and I have a Trek 5200 (more bike than I am a biker), a Burley Duet Tandem that I ride with my SO, and a Trek 7100 that I keep stashed at my sister's home in Illinois. I recently started fixing up old bikes and giving them away through the local soup kitchen.
Welcome aboard. Quite a few New Englanders here. Enjoy. :cool:

Hello Pat 41 y.o here from Sydney Australia just joined up I think i was here a couple of years ago.I love my cycling but have just got out of hospital with Diabetes type 1 complications which i didn't know i had, so i'm happy to be on the mend again with 10 kilos lost and more to come I ride a trek 4300 off road and a giant bowery as a commuter.;)

I'm Norwegian, living in Trondheim. Nearly 60 years of age. Married, two sons and four grandchildren. Management consultant,

Biking for fun and training, both race and MTB. Tacx Fortius trainer.

At the moment it is bitterly cold outside, - 22 deg C. The Tacx trainer is out of order, the brake needs service because it's very noisy. Hopefully it will be ok in a few days.

Now I'm eager to find out how I can benefit from this forum,

[lang=da]Hej alle! Jeg er fra Polen, en lille by der hedder Opalenica i nærheden af Poznan (Google it:). Jer er student og studerer dansk. Jeg cykler hver dag omkring 10 km og nu har begyndt at skrive mit speciale om cyklens udvikling i Danmark.[/lang]

Hi everyone, Im Rob, I am 23, from Manchester (UK) and I am a research student.

I used to commute on a BMX bike as it was a compact bike for a small commute and parking in the office but since I've moved home the bike is not used to commute anymore and its useless for distance so im here to get advice on buying a road bike and some training advice for 50-100+ mile rides and time trials.

Will be subscribing to some of the excellend weightloss and progress tracking threads for some motivation in trying compare progress to some of you experienced riders and see what sort of level I should be at as I train!