Where are you from,what do you do?

I now live in Lansing, IL from Chicago, where I bought a Trek 7300 about 5 years ago and have been riding into retirement and second childhood, resuming the clarinet, music production, computer programming and electronics, or all those thing one neglects while raising a family, which now includes 5 Grandkids.

alienator said:
Have you ridden the Icefields Parkway? Everytime I've been down that road on the way to Mt. Robson Park (BC), I've loved it.
I did it back in the 80s with some clubmates. We parked in Banff, took the bus to Jasper with our bikes in the cargo hold, stayed overnight, then spent the next three days cycling back. Highlights include the sauna at Mosquito Creek hostel, with an old clawfoot bathtub full of ice cold creek water to cool off in, and stepping out of a bunkhouse in the morning to find bare footprints in the snow leading to the outhouses. Someone was really tough!
When we got to the top of Bow Summit, a motorist smirked as he said "That's really tough, isn't it?" When we said "No, we're just cruising with a tailwind today" his face fell. He seemed to be really disappointed that we weren't suffering!
Least favorite stop on the tour: Numtijah Lodge. Very overpriced food, lousy service. Hopefully it's owned by different people now.

[lang=pt]Ola, sou do Brasil, cidade de Mogi Mirim, pedalo ha um ano, um abç a todos[/lang]

Hi,
Dave here from upstate NY (Clifton Park).
I'm a recreational cyclist and I look forward to doing some touring soon.

[lang=nl][lang = nl] Hallo,
Mijn naam is Leo, kom uit Waddinxveen - Nederland. Bouwjaar '62. Hou van de eenvoud en schoonheid van Single speed fietsen [/ lang][/lang]

Hi all,
Sean from Las Vegas joining in the fun.
I blew out my knee about 2 years ago playing football (soccer to my US contemporaries) and after rehabing for 18 months found that it just couldn't take the pounding running put on it. So I hopped on a road bike about two months ago and haven't wanted to get off since...

Hi, I'm nat. Last summer (09) my husband and I visited Bourg d'Oisans, the village at the foot of Alpe d'Huez, on a cycling holiday. We completed the 21 bends (not in a great time) and various trails around the area. We fell in love with Bourg d'Oisans, took a huge gamble and are now the proud owners of a house right in the centre of the village. It is self catering, sleeps 10, has a huge garden and lots of room for bike/ski storage.

Does anyone know any great cycling sites I can advertise this on?
Help!

Hello All - I'm Ken Whelpdale, a Canadian, living in Palma de Mallorca, Spain. I've been involved in professional cycling for over 12 years now, working with such teams as Gerolsteiner, T-mobile, Saturn and the US National Team. I currently own and manage two cycling services companies: 3F Sports: www.3fsports.com and 8654 Team Services. I'm off to the Czech Republic on Sunday for CX Worlds. If you ever think about coming to Mallorca, contact me and I can help you out.

Hello Nat - Can you send photos? I'm running a cycling business and I have a few self caterings that I work with here on Mallorca, but I'm interested in expanding.

Hello All,

I am from Houston, TX, and I'm new to the world of cycling. I'm looking forward to learning more about this sport!

Hi I am from Chennai, India. We are now seeing pro bikes beginning to be sold here in India - bikes from brand names such as Trek, Schwinn, Canondale, Bianchi. I joined the group to get some advise on buying and also be in touch with the biking community. I will post my first message on "bike buying advice" thread. Bye!

Hi, I'm Jack, a Canadian Writer who recently moved to Cambridge in the UK. I'm still bikeless for the moment and in the market for a hybrid that I can use to get around town and to explore the flatlands of Cambridgeshire on the weekends. But all these new (to me) UK brands are a bit confusing, so...here I am.

Hi,

My name is Kaustav. I live in Los Angeles, CA. Been biking for about 6 months straight now. Road primarily. I am a Civil Engineer. I train everyday. Just want to get strong enough to compete someday!. I am 29. I hope it's not too late.

:) Hi I'm new to this forum so go easy on me!My name is Danny I'm 35 years old and I'm a College lecturer in Tamworth England where I teach Carpentry & Joinery.
Hoping to give and receive advice on cycling topics and news that may help me to achieve my personal goal to cycle 200 miles in 13 hours. I would also like to improve my fitness so I could start racing and get my CAT 4 licence, can anyone one help? :)