Where are you from,what do you do?

:) Hi - My name is Alan,i live in England about 30 miles west of London am an Aircraft Engineer and not far off retiring.Main interests are road racing and retro steel framed, campagnolo equipped road bicycles from the 70's,80's and 90's

My name is Pete. I am 49 and live in San Francisco, CA, USA. I ride road only. I have a Kestrel RT-800. I used to be a frame builder and also have a few classic Columbus CroMo frames
built into "cafe" bikes that I ride around San Francisco and New York.

Hello, I'm 27 and a programmer in MI. Looking to re-enter cycling after 10 years, here for some advice and hopefully to become an addition to the community.

hi, im gaining weight, im planning to do cycling. what model of bicycle that is affordable but have good quality?

Hi cyclists, i am an old curmudgeon here in Peterborough, Ontario,Canada.
I am retired, in my mid sixties, try to keep fit & active.
I own an old Peugeot road bike, ride recreationally with my son who is an avid cyclist.
I want to upgrade to a more recent vintage road bike.
The more you know about cycling the more you need to know.
cheers

Hello---
I'm from Lake Forest, Illinois here in the US. For most of my career I've been a graphic designer, but recently received my certification to teach elementary education. Running has been my primary means of fitness, but a minor back issue has led me into cycling.

I got into road cycling in October of 2008 when I purchased an '05 Specialized Allez Sport (triple). Just did my first century this past summer.

Welcome to the forum guys, hope you enjoy it! if you have any suggestions for improvement, please let us know.

I am Dave almost 43, I wound up bike commuting on my old Roadmaster (so old they made it in the USA)when my car died and it wound up being a very positive experience.

Various things have kept me from doing it since but I plan to resume it this summer!

I also have an ancient Falcon Cycles English made Mercx that I haven't ridden nearly enough and may do quite a bit of my commuting on this summer. I really just like to RIDE that one, although the Roadmaster is not actually unpleasant once I got it adjusted to me.

I live in the Spokane, Washington area and have been invited to go and do some off road rides down the back of Mount Spokane...that might be a little over the old Roadie (master's) head me thinks. No suspension, great for easy trails and the street, but the ride down the mountain sounds like a one way trip for it, maybe me too if I am on it! The Roadmaster is the second new bike that I have ever owned and I have owned it far longer than the first, which was a KHS Montana.

I am a massage therapist, and in fact I massaged one of my clients in trade for the Mercx, and may have a shot at about a 6-7 year old lightly used GT mountain bike with a front fork and Deore XT components, that might be more the speed for Mount Spokane, but we will see.

Great to be here!

[lang=pl]Jestem Gonia a mój nick - bikergonia
Mieszkam w Warszawie.
Dużo jeżdżę na rowerze.
Moja praca - fotografia[/lang]

Hi Everyone! I'm from Canada and I want to find out what your favourite spots are to bike all over Canada!

Hey there, I'm Ron from the Gold Coast Queensland Australia. I've just returned from the Tour Down Under held in Adelaide, South Australia- it was a brilliant tour with tough racing in a postive atmosphere-:cool: the big Teams were represented with lots of big name pro's. Congratulations to Andre' Griepel, winner of the GC and the Sprints. The tour was billed as an opportunity to get up close and personal with the stars, it more than lived up to this. Bring on the World Champinships in Melbourne this September, the first time in the Southern Hemisphere..... Get Down under for some great action :p

Hi, I'm Joe from the Philippines... I'm an office worker. Nice to meet y'all. I'm into Road Cycling primarily, and a little mountain biking. Cycling is big now in the Philippines, a lot of people have a bicycle of some kind. :)

Hi all, name Gordon from South Australia and I have been racing, second time around, for 25 years. I race every Sunday morning, in summer we alternate between track and road and in winter road only, average road race around 45 to 50km. During the summer months we also race every Tuesday night with Criteriums. Monday night is training night with a pleasant 2 hour training ride. I will be 70 next week and still enjoy the challenge of racing. Maybe challenge is the more operative word obviously most of the riders are younger than I.:)

[lang=es]Soy de El Puerto de Santa Maria, y tengo una bicicleta de montaña, he comprado un garmin y no tengo ni idea de como se meten mapas o datos :D:D:D[/lang]