Where are you from,what do you do?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Guest, Sep 11, 2001.

1. rmr1923

rmr1923 New Member

Hi everyone, I'm from Houston (Memorial area) and I'm an accountant by profession. My real passions are cars and guitars though.

2. baker3

baker3 New Member

Hi, i'm jason from Houston! I race and train as much as possible.

3. christiancycler

christiancycler New Member

New Cycler, Childrens Pastor, Etc

4. gndprx

gndprx New Member

Hi all.

I'm Carl and ride in the South Charlotte area. Mainly Fort Mill, Pineville and surrounding areas.

Preparing for my first MS150 ride in September and can't wait.

I'm VP of Development for a small business IT and applications development company.

5. KidA

KidA New Member

Though an Upper Michigan native, I will soon find myself in flat Dayton Ohio trying to find some folks to bike with. I have a 2009 Cannondale Synapse, aluminum frame. I really just got into road cycling last summer, so I have much to learn.

6. Old Biker

Old Biker New Member

Hi Drassan - I live in South Australia, started my bike riding at the same age after a very long break. I'm now 70 and I'm still racing albeight slightly slower than the early days. I still enjoy the thrill of a sprint, even if I don't win too many, our evening criterium racing is about to finish with the end of daylight saving but we still have 50km road racing every Sunday to look forward to.

7. teampiccomx

teampiccomx New Member

[lang=es]Hi everybody My name is Edgar I live in mexico city I have been cyclist for over 20 years , and I have been in the mechanics , restore and repaint bussiness for the last 10 years , Now I have started a new bussiness Im selling stickers for hundreds of models and brands even vintage bikes , if you need stickers for your ride please contact me sure I can help you

[email protected][/lang]

8. Johnrobinson

Johnrobinson New Member

Hi all. I am a new cyclist as of last summer. I started riding to loose weight, and now I am ate up with it. I have lost over 75lbs, and have another 20 to 30 to go. I have been taken off all my diabetes meds because of all of this. I just bought a Trek Madone 4.5 built up with Ultegra, and Easton wheels. when I started riding, I could not ride to my mailbox without thinking I was going to die. I am averaging 150 to 200 miles per week now, and where I live, much of that is climbing. I hope to complete my first century, as I am signed up for a 65 and a 100 mile ride this summer. I have made new friends as well. If I am not riding or working, I am on the net with it.

9. Mobile363

Mobile363 New Member

Hi my name is Jason and live in Alberta. The flat part of Alberta.

Joined this forum for advice and inspiration. Buying a new bike to replace my 12 year old bike which has served me well. Planning a cross country trek this summer from Vancouver, BC to St Johns, NFLD. Need a bike to do this journey. And I seek advice from here.

10. Semperfi91

Semperfi91 New Member

Greetings to all! :) I am from Kentucky, USA. I work in the Grocery Industry. I am also going to college part-time to major in Computer Information Systems and minor in Criminal Justice.

Best regards,

Tyler

11. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum guys!

12. cyclo_path

cyclo_path New Member

I'm Matt from Vermont I work for the military, I love to ride Road, Mountain,Cross,Touring and Commuting. I ride in all kinds of weather and commute year round. I currently have about thirteen bikes in the stable, wife has about seven, two Teens about four and the four year old has five. Guess we are a family that loves to ride:)

13. spurswhite

spurswhite New Member

On the Sat 3rd July 2010 i will be participating in the 174km cycling race "La Marmotte" in aid to raise money for Help For Heroes.
    Help For Heroes is a British Charity set up to raise money and awareness for those who risk their lives fighting for their country in war stricken areas such as Afghanistan. I feel that we all have a duty of care to give back to these brave men who have given so much to help make a difference worldwide.
    I was in the Armed forces taking part in conflict operations worldwide and i appreciate what the impact of war can have on people’s lives and how a charity like Help for Heroes is making a real difference to the injured servicemen lives. So i feel by taking part in the toughest Alpine 174 km race would be a great way to give back to those who have given so much.
    http://www.justgiving.com/Jules-White
    All your help to sponsor and show support would be so greatly appreciated not only by me, but by hundreds of servicemen and women and their families.

So please dig deep and give generously to this worthy cause :)
    Jules

Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
    Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity and make sure Gift Aid is reclaimed on every eligible donation by a UK taxpayer. So it’s the most efficient way to donate - I raise more, whilst saving time and cutting costs for the charity.
    So please dig deep and donate now.

http://www.justgiving.com/Jules-White

14. vvanherk

vvanherk New Member

Hey All.

I'm from Ontario Canada. Spring is coming, so getting ready for a good season of riding.

I do IT Consulting work. Mostly software development.

I'm 43, and been riding all my life. Got away from it for a while, but started up again pretty good last year.

Looking forward to being a part of this forum :)

15. angelique

angelique New Member

My name is Angel. A friend got me interested in cycling. I just bought a used road bike to get some miles on. If I like it, I'm going to be purchasing a new one.

I'm a full-time student and worker and want to get outdoors and this seemed a way to do it and have fun.

16. wsyocum

wsyocum New Member

Hi all,

In Texarkana, TX. I ride Cannondale road and tri bikes and a Gary Fisher MTB. In my real job, I ride trains.

17. bunky1998

bunky1998 New Member

Hello, I am from eastern North Carolina. I got into cycling back in the fall to help get back in shape. I ride a Lemond Zurich. Training for a 50 miler in 4 weeks!

18. natbug

natbug New Member

I am a cycling novice. I have done 5 tris, a couple centuries and one double century. I ride mostly solo, because as a mom I have to ride at times that fit into my family's life. Once in a while I ride with some guys from a local shop, tons of hills. I live in one of the most beautiful places on the plant- the San Juan Islands (north of Seattle). I am also area director for North Islands Young Life.

19. Keithmj

Keithmj New Member

Just saying Hi..I am from Saint Petersburg, Florida and my rides are a 2008 Trek FX 7.2 and a 2009 Trek 1.2. I commute to work and just ride for the fun of it. I hope to pick up some handy hint here. Cheers..Keithmj

20. BasG

BasG New Member

[lang=nl]Dag iedereen,

Ik kom uit Nederland, heb vorig jaar rond de Noordzee gefietst en ben nu aan het rondkijken voor leuke touren & maatje.

Bas;)[/lang]