Where are you from,what do you do?

Hi everyone,

I'm from Romania and I'm interested in cycling. I have an old bike with which I keep myself in shape. Most likely this year I'll buy a new bike.

Casual recreational rider here. Trying to lose weight and keep BS under control. O'Fallon, IL Riding an old Cannondale Touring bike.

I live in Chicago, Il and ride with the Evanston bike club. I am almost seventy, in a few days, but I am in pretty good shape and ride at least three times a week, sixty to eighty miles on each ride. I ride a Road Bike and like to push it reasonably hard. I have a pretty good Carbon frame bike, but would like to upgrade the bike and my riding. I am looking at a Scott CR1 Pro, a Giant Defy Advanced 1, and my lead choice now a Cervelo RS Ultegra.

Hi all!

Found this site looking for advice on refurbing a bike.

Found a 10 year (at least) old Raleigh Stonefly in a very sorry state and decided that a resto was in order. So far, stripped everything down to the frame, in it is in primer, just waiting for new paint.

Second hand bits found on ebay include a Deore LX rear mech, QR rear axle etc etc.

I'm looking forward to getting this finished so I can then take the 2 rugrats down to the beach in the trailer!!

Hi,
I'm not sure if I'm too amature for this forum. I am 47 years old from Tamworth England.I have been cycling for two years and have worked up to 100k audaxes, which I hope to do more of this year.:)

Linda May said:
Hi,
I'm not sure if I'm too amature for this forum. I am 47 years old from Tamworth England.I have been cycling for two years and have worked up to 100k audaxes, which I hope to do more of this year.:)

If you own a bicycle and like to ride it, you're in the right place. Welcome.

Preston.

My name is James
Im from omaha,ne.
I got a shcwinn trailway 700c hybrid.
I ride to have something to do.
I also remodel houses.

Hi all

I'm from Phoenix, AZ and I am an academic tutor.
I'm planning to sell my car very soon and live car-free.

:)

Hello all , I am a painting and wallcovering contractor in central California. I am brand new to cycling and look forward to plenty of riding, improved health and meeting new people of like minded interests. Having not been on a bike in 20+ years, went out and purchased a cycle this week and will endeavor to learn and train for a "century". I am really excited about cycling and hope to use this sport to "change my life" Thx for the Forum (it is very helpfull)

Making_Tracks from East Sussex in the UK.

I'm a runner making the transition across to cycling and plan to do my first century sportive this Autumn.

Hello

All round cycling enthusiast from South Africa, but currently based in London, United Kingdom. I run a cycling blog at The Daily Crank when I'm not out on my mountain bike or scaring everyone in my lycra on my road bike. :)

I'm always looking for contributors to the blog, so if you have any cool photos or stories to tell, let me know!

Cheers
Grant
The Daily Crank
twitter.com/thedailycrank

I'm from Seattle, WA USA. I own a mountain bike and is doing some road and mountain cycling every weekends :) Hope to enjoy this community with you guys :)

Hey, I just joined the forum a few days ago. I'm a big MTB fan and own a bike rental business in Marbella, Spain.

So, if you are ever biking in the Marbella area (which you really should because the weather, roads and trails are all fantastic), take advantage of hiring bikes from us instead of paying loads of money bringing your own. You can also book guided tours for MTB or racing. We have quite a few pro's and semi pro's training here for the pre-season training.

Our website is www.marbellarentabike.com please check it out, we are a young business and can use all the support we get. ;)

Hi,

My name is Murray and I am in Montreal.

I am a full time volunteer fundraiser and consciousness raiser.

My reason for joining is essentially to encourage cyclists to do good things. I am a retired ultra-endurance athlete. I cycle, x-c ski, hike and canoe.

My name is Simon from Ontario Canada.

I own an 07 Rockhopper Comp Disc (with semi-slicks) and recently bought a Tricross Triple. Looking forward to really getting back into the sport after almost a 15 yr hiatus.

Looking forward to learning about all the latest tech and news. I've been out of the game for so long (my last bike was a chromoly 1992 Concorde Sunrise with Shimano 300LX components!)

Hi everyone! I am Christine from Rockwall, TX. Me and my husband are new to cycling and love it so much. We are into road cycling twice a week and mountain biking on Saturdays if the weather permits. I am happy to find this forum as we are very eager to learn more about this sport.:cool: By the way, I am a home health nurse and love my job.

I'm from california and I'm currently living in Utah attending college. Right now I'm not a cyclist, I'm a runner, but as soon as I have the money to buy a bike that is going to change.

I live in Southern CA. Cycling, golf, softball are my sports
I wish I could do any one of these all day every day but I have to work to afford my toys and vices