Where are you from,what do you do?

How about all you new members tell us about yourselves  ;D

Yeah, I agree! 113 members as I post and only about 15 have replied. C'mon, whats happening guys? If you have joined the board recently, tell us about yourself. We wanna know what makes you RIDE! ;D

(Unless I missed something) I'm the only American and the only WOMAN here!!

WOO HOO!

Welcome to the forum MtnBikerChk
ummm yep thats right, we don't have many members from America this should change soon though :)

cheers!

WOO HOO!

We do have one or two other ladies though, but it's great to have more! ;)

Hi all :)

Where are you from?

Wirral, in the UK.

What do you do?

I work in IT security in a large bank.
I found my way here after someone (Steven) sent me a message from my delapidated and abandoned ::) MTB forum website.

It's nice to be here :)

Dave.

Hey, another member from Lazarus's side of the world!
Welcome to the BEST cycling forum on the web, Dodgy! Continue your MTB talk here on our board! ;D

I was once a former MTB rider. :D
Rode that bike around 10 times.
Hard to ride a Target special - it was such a piece of ####.

So what does everyone use as motivation?
I am finding it hard to get motivated just to go walking! :-[

Chris_Boardman_riding.gif

I couldn't help noticing your image of Chris Boardman and thought you may be interested to know that I live about 3 miles from him.

I often see him (pass me by).

Dave.

Did you ever get to ride with him? I will challenge him to outride me for one hour. Not! haha

Andrea, forgot to answer your question.

Well, what motivates me is my goal to get faster and be a pro. Yeah, I know it's VERY far fetched and is almost an impossibility. But being at least almost as fast as they are is enough to get me on the bike when I have to. Also, I have this need to get tired and feel my legs working. I can't go through a week without a workout.

Here's something. Tell yourself to go out for a measly "15 minute" ride. I'm sure you'll be able to trick yourself into going for a longer ride.

Cheers!

I couldn't help noticing your image of Chris Boardman and thought you may be interested to know that I live about 3 miles from him.

I often see him (pass me by).

Dave.[/quote]

Awesome! Next time you see him, tell him to join our board. We need some sprinting advice! ;D
If he passed me by whilst training, I would difinitely sit on his wheel and see for how long I could hold on. Chances are he'd drop me within 30 secs or less ::)

Wow, it would be great to hear a bit from the man himself. I doubt he would go online and reveal his real identity. Though, I hope he would since this forum is the most mature and responsible bunch I've come across.

Any of you know what his hour record is? I plan on beating it.
NOT! Hehe

yeh i aggree id be trying to keep up with him on the bike too ;D ;D. Do you think lance armstong could beat his best hour record?.

Lance's got the legs and lungs for it, but he does'nt train for that sort of thing - he's a tour rider. It would be interesting to see him attempt it though, he's TT's are awesome!.

Hi I’m a mtb racer from Houston, Texas, USA. My job is to follow the spam links mountainbikechick posts. She usually doesn’t steer me wrong, nice site. :)

Welcome to the board! Hope you folks have a fun time here!
Cornholio, so you're from Armstrong's side of the world? How far is Houston from Austin?

HI. I too am a MtnBkrChick stalker. I'm a mountain biker, been at it for two years. I plan to start XC racing later this year. I moderate at a couple other web forums. Glad to be a new member at this one!

For my job, I am some kind of analyst. But trust me, it will bore you to hear about it. ;D

I dig your handle! I used to post at a HUGE technical forum under the same name, I.R. Baboon, using the same avatar.
I just love the I.M. Weasel cartoons!
Nice to have you aboard, I.R.! ;)