Where are you from,what do you do?

Hi.........

I am Jennyvachel. I like cycling for fun and also competitively with a club. im now doing 35k each morning for practice.

Hi,

I am new to this forum and I am from Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Nowadays I live in Brighton, UK.
I did my first 100 mile 2 weeks ago. It was on the flat roads in Holland though but still a nice challenge.:D

Nice to meet you all,

I am a Velonews Forum refugee after that forum got run over by the crazy. I own a bike repair business, ride five to ten thousand miles a year and love to talk bikes.
I am currently in Granada Spain, but will be returning to Maine soon.

Hi all,my names nick and im from worcester (uk).
Im new to biking and although i do weight training i need to up my stamina a bit so i thought riding a bike would be a good start, as i cant sit on an excersize bike in a gym way to boring for me!
Looking forward to getting some good advice and tips from everyone.

I'm Matthew from Wales....I am quite new to cycling. I currently cycle to work and back and am trying to use my bike more and more for going to town etc. I'm saving a lot of money on petrol :) I'm trying to get into cycling more, it's great.

I'm Boni and I am from Sunny CA where you can bike almost everyday and if it rains I can put my bike on the trainer in the Bresport and still get in a hour.

I have been a competive womans racer and I ride a Cannondale Six/13 Carbon with speed play pedals, and full Campy. I love my Cannondale it is nice and smooth great handleing bike.

Hey Everyone!!!!

I just joined the forums because from being a part of 2 other forums related to cars, I have seen how much information can be learned from everyone in a forums community that share the same passion.

I have been riding now for around 4 years but more as a hobby rather than competition... of course other than riding with friends on weekends... sometimes we get competitive but nothing like a race. My first 3 years, I was cycling and weight lifting at the same time which I know is a big NO NO, but I was also new to the sport and didn't know much about it. Starting last summer, I have dedicated myself to cycling only other than the occasional gym day where I do some sort of circuit training for the upper body, along with also paying more close attention to my diet and nutrition. Right now, I maybe ride about 3 times a week for around 25 miles and then usually go out with my group on the weekends where we usually do about 50+ miles.

Hi, I'm a 23 year old college student in Southern California and I just recently got into road biking. I have a century road bike that had never been ridden when i bough ***. It's older, but I love it. I commute to work and ride with friends on the weekends.
Im looking to eventually get competitive with it, but fo rnow I am sticking to how fun it is to bike around. :D

Hey guys and gals,

My name is Doug, my wife and I started a new business this summer in Red Lodge Montana outside of Yellowstone NP called Beartooth Bike Tours.

I have been a guide of many things for more than 15 years, but bikes tours are new for me. However I saw a unique opportunity to add a new adventure and resource to my community and a way to have fun and earn a living in our beautiful area and thought we'd give it a go!

So I figured joining a good bike forum might be a good idea for when inevitable questions arise!

So...Howdy!

Hey I am From Charlotte NC. Production Manager in control automation.
Live to ride. Ride around the Denver NC area.Rolling hills.

[lang=nl]Hallo iedereen. Ik ben Sylvie en woon in België. Ik heb me voornamelijk geregistreerd om wat informatie te verzamelen over leuke fietsplaatjes op vakantie. Ik heb op dit moment eigenlijk helemaal niet door hoe dit forum werkt en in welke taal de meeste zaken staan. Of wordt alles altijd automatisch vertaald? Ik zal maar wat rondzoeken om te beginnen.
Toch nog even in het Engels aanvullen:

Hi everyone, I am Sylvie and I live in Belgium. I am new to this forum. I registered myself mainly to gather information for good cycling places during my holidays. So I will post some threads in other topics.

Greetings![/lang]

Hello world, I'm originally from Escondido CA, but have been living in Louisiana for the last 33 years. I'm a mechanical / structural designer. I own my own one man company and I'm lucky enough to be able to work from my home office about 90% of the time. I'm brand new to cycling, I just put my deposit down for a Surly Long Haul Trucker yesterday, I'd like to be ready for my first short tour this fall.

Hi my name is John... I live on Grand Island, NY. I just started getting into cycling to get into better shape... hate running, too hard on my knees. Biked a lot when I was younger. Just starting out so any advice is welcome!!!

Hey all!

My name's Jason, and I was prompted by a private message to come and post in here ;)

I'm a 21 year old (nearly 22 :eek:) student on a tight budget, who cycles for pleasure, but is a bit of a liability when it comes to maintenance :eek:

I'm studying Quantity Surveying Consultancy (oh dear, if you know what that is, you win a cookie :D) but I'm lucky enough to only have one year of my degree left ;)

Blue skies all! :D

J

[lang=sv]Hej Alla. Jag heter Mikael och började cykla racer förra året på en gammal Peugot Karbon. Annars har jag gjort det mesta inom sportsidan men sporter på vinterhalvåret är favoriter.[/lang]

i am returning to cycling to train for the california Best Buddies ride to raise money for people with intellectual disability. live in santa cruz. just rode up granite creek and down glen canyon, great ride. on my 63 cm 1991 cinelli supercoursa.

Hi, I am from the higlands of scotland but due to move down south to swindon. I am currently in school. I am an outdoors person and use cycling as a way to keep fit and outside. I do all kinds of cycling!