Where are you from,what do you do?

I live in St. Louis, MO.

I found this site because in June I will be spending a few days in Irvington, Virginia. I will not be able to take my bike, but I would like to rent a bike nearby (I will have a car) to get in a few 20 mile rides.

Mike

Hi
I live in London and enjoy cycling recreationally and cycling to work which is a must as I can't stand the tube.

One-i-

Im 56 years old from Ohio and I am a Technical Designer. I am planning to ride more this year than years past.

Hi, I'm Jesse. I'm just outside Chicago and ride an 04' Fuji Roubaix Pro (the Reynolds 853 steel one) and an 06' Iron Horse Azure. Hi all!:D

Hi Im from Iceland but live in Massachusset. I work as a engineer. Just a beginner but did 43 miles this weekend.

Hi, I am from Clovis california. I have been riding all my life. I used to race MTB in highschool but it was too hard on the body, lots of crashing. Now I am mostly a road rider but thats because I live in a city now.

Hey, Im Ryan, im a student studying in Newcastle UK but im from the Northern Ireland. I currently have a carrera, kraken and enjoy cycling recreationally!!

Hi Im David, from Aiken, SC.

I am interested in commute cycling as a way to get exercise, 16 miles per day. I used to ride roadies years ago, and would like to take it up again.

Im not able to cough up $2000 for a bike, however, so Ill have a challenge finding something within my $500 budget.

cyberlegend1994 said:
Welcome aboard! The wife and I will be traveling to your area soon...
Hi thank you. Traveling in my area, is that here in MA or Iceland:rolleyes: Im not sure what is my area Im so new here.

Hi,

Im Jennifer, from Australia, ride a Giant OCR 3 on the road and a GT Avalanche when I hit the trails. I work in a Meat Processing plant as a Boner (breaking beef carcasses)

Hi. I am from University Town, GuangZhou, China. Cycling target now is just to improve my fitness, and to get enough physical endurance to sustain the long ride journey. Exercise methods and plans are based on heart rate at the moment.
Hope to find more methods to train smarter.:D

Hi Everyone

My name is Jacqueline and I am a Bicycle Tour Guide working in London (Spoke 'n Motion - London Bike Tours). I joined cyclingforums.com to meet some people with similar interests. I am particularly interested in meeting anyone who shares my love of Bromptons, the great British folding bike. We use these bikes on all our tours as they are made right here in London and as we use boats on some of our tours, very handy to fold up. For anyone who is not sure what a brompton bike looks like, check out this link - Brompton Bicycle Brompton folding bike

I personally feel like you would be hard pushed to find a bike with more character than the Brompton. People in London love them, but I am keen to see how widespread their following actually is.

Jac

My name is Joe...I am an architect by day, and run a custom bike shop nights/weekends...we build bikes collaboratively with folks (see links in sig)

Hi everyone, my name is Eddie and I'm from northern Illinois. For the past month or so I have been talking a lot about joining my friend in road cycling. So I started looking for a nice bike. After a couple weeks of searching I found a 2009 Felt F95 at a local bike shop for a pretty decent price. This will be my first road bike so I may be a little nervous when I start riding it since I don't know too much about riding form on a road bike and other similar things, since I only mountain bike once in awhile and sometimes ride on the bike path next to my house.

hi everybody, i'm silver from quezon city, philippines where traffic is monstrous and have little regard to cyclists. fortunately, we have few places where you can bike leisurely or can race. for off road, there are so many places but you have to travel a bit far from the city. last may, 2009, me, i;m 52 y.o. now, and my 12 y.o. son were in foster city, san francisco where my nurse sister and her family lives. we biked for few days from the house to coyote point/yacht club via beach park blvd. it was the first time i rode a bike for more than 10 miles since 1994. the experience awaken my passion for biking again and last december, i reconditioned my locally made frameset with shimano components. as i tinker my bike, i thought of my tempesta frameset and maybe it will be a good idea to install italian parts to this italian frameset. that is why, i came to browse on bike networks and came to this site where now i am a registered user. thanx for allowing me to use this site.

I live in Plymouth, MA. I've been a long distance runner most of my life and within the last 2 years took up riding a bike. I've done a lot of long rides but always of my own accord. No races. A friend of mine is trying to talk me into the PA Dutch 2 day which is 75 miles both ways and with 5800 of climbing on Saturday and about the same (5800) going down on Saturday.

What I'm trying to figure out is what does that mean? Is that vertical height in feet (in which case it seems rather impossible for the poconos or is that 5800 linear feet in which case you're only going up hill for about a mile total; which based ont he races repuation I find hard to believe.

Would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,

Mike

From Charlotte, NC.... currently a student in Charleston, SC. When I don't have my face in a book I ride as often as I can.

Internship in Berlin, GER for the summer-- strongly considering dishing out the cash to bring the bike along :(