Where are you from,what do you do?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Guest, Sep 11, 2001.

1. adriano.diniz

adriano.diniz New Member

[lang=pt]Olá ! Sou do Brasil 47 anos , pedalo seriamente desde 1994 . Espero aprender muito neste forum e quem sabe ensinar alguma coisa .[/lang]

2. adriano.diniz

adriano.diniz New Member

What bad translation:mad:

Ok , I´m Adriano , 47 years old and I´m from Brazil ! I´ve been riding seriuosly since 1994 ! I hope learn a lot :confused: and maybe teach a little bit:D

3. cyberlegend1994

cyberlegend1994 Moderator

Welcome aboard, neighbor. :cool:

I'm not a racer either, but I know someone who does some tris and time trials.

4. Norrc

Norrc New Member

Hi all
    I'm Steve from Southampton, I have given up my day job because i am sick of our bikes getting stolen & very little is being done to try & reduce this, check this out www.norrc.co.uk if you would like more information please feel free to contact me.
    Kind regards to you all
    Steve.
    [email protected]

5. TimEaston

TimEaston New Member

Hi My name is Tim and Im from Birmingham I'm a casual watcher of cycling especially the Tour de France and Olympics, I went a few years back to see the Tour of Britain finish in Birmingham I think I saw Mark Cavendish before he was big news.

6. psychling

psychling New Member

I live in northern Indiana and ride mostly old-style, poverty-stricken road. My main ride is a Cannondale CAAD2 R-300 with Ultegra downtube shifters/rear der and various other Shimano components throughout the bike. I build my own wheels, a vanishing ability as I have observed. I also do some touring, racing, and time-trialing. MTB is somewhat new to me but I do a wee bit.

7. MikeyStugots

MikeyStugots New Member

My name is Michael and I'm from Michigan. I am currently a student studying psychology and entrepreneurship. I work 2 jobs to make it through school, one at a cigar shop and lounge, and one at a fine wine and liquor store.

8. tonybrian45

tonybrian45 New Member

Hello My name is Tony brian from UK age 65 living in a narrowboat.

9. peugeophile

peugeophile New Member

Howdy!

I live in western NC (though my work, mass real estate appraising, keeps me traveling). My first proper road bike was a 60's Chiorda purchased secondhand when I was in college--531 mainframe, campy drivetrain, nice bike, best $50 I ever spent. Sold the bike after college and pretty much left cycling behind until a couple of years ago when I started dating a gal who loved cycling. I bought my younger brother's little-used Trek 930 (hard-tail mtn.) and the bug bit. A year later, I found a Peugeot PKN10E on its way to the dump and conducted a rescue. Yes, I've spent more renovating it than it probably cost new or than I could get for it should I put it up for sale, but it is a VERY fine ride. Who would be so crass as to put a dollar value on joy?! The girlfriend is gone but the cycling stuck. It's raining out, or I'd be riding now.:D

Other interests are songwriting, guitar, photography, target shooting, etc.

10. ghdfans2010

ghdfans2010 New Member

Hello, everyone! I'm new here! Nice to meet you!
    I like cycling!

11. cyclechick7

cyclechick7 New Member

Hi! Iam a 17 year old girl from Lake Mary Florida and I just started cycling 4 months ago. I can't tell you how much I love the sport, and I hope to enter some Cat 5 races soon- I honestly don't know anyone my age who does this and I would love to meet some other "juniors" in this sport. My real name is Mikaela, and if any of you wish to contact me with tips or advice-feel free!My email address is:[email protected], BTW I have a sky blue Orbea Onix Dama with a butterfly saddle and Vittoria Rubino tires- carbon frame, Shimano Ultegra and 105 components. I hope to upgrade my wheels to Zipp in about 5 years and buy Dura Ace components as well.

12. Charles Ramsey

Charles Ramsey New Member

I have 110000 kilometers of touring and commuting with 70 kilograms on the back wheel. Here are some photos of my bicycle parts as well as parts others have broken for general reference bicycle on Ovi by Nokia feel free to use any photo.

13. Sjolova

Sjolova New Member

[lang=no]Hei, jeg er en trønder, fra Trondheim i Norge.

Jeg sykler og sykler, min hovedsykkel er for tiden en svært oppgradert 3.0 GT, nå er det bare ramma og forgaffelen som ikke er byttet ut med bedre deler. Sykkelen brukes hele året, mest til jobbsykling, men også til turer i skog og mark.

Ellers har jeg en Kynast reservesykkel (den fungerer, det er Ikke mer å si om den) og en fiiin gammel DBS tandem fra 1952, med lærseter og fjæring på forgaffelen, den tas kun ut i spesielle anledninger. Jeg og noen naboer har dannet sykkelgruppa Romemyras søndagspedalister, turrapporter skrives på pedalister.blogspot.com.

Nylig møtte jeg på en steilende hest på en markatur, og derfor fikk jeg en hestekjenner til å forfatte en veilleding for møter mellom syklister og hesteekvipasjer. Les og lær på pedalister.blogspot.com/sykkel-og-hest-en-veilleding.html (vi har fått masse skryt for denne veilledingen, både fra syklister og hestefolk).

(Fytte f, dette forumet endrer jo alt jeg skriver hele tiden? For en som alltid legger vekt på et korrekt språk er denne kaudervelsken et sant mareritt)[/lang]

14. prettygirl85

prettygirl85 New Member

Hi,I am from Indiana and will be on here frequently.

15. briancromwell

briancromwell New Member

I'm Brian, from miami and i ride bikes for fun.

16. helenk579

helenk579 New Member

[lang=bg]Hi, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!![/lang]

17. make one up

make one up New Member

hello friends
    I am from pakistan, I am in final year of my high school..., and enjoy cycling for fun. I usually ride for half hour early in the morning, and then in the evening, for about 2 hours.. I have my own mountain bike, with gears, gifted by my father,...I love that :)

18. alicia10

alicia10 New Member

Hi everyone...I'm Alicia. I live in Wilmington NC. I am an avid biker. I am a mortgage consultant by week and a biker on the weekends. Fortunately I live in an area that is occupied by a lot of people who bike as well as a ton of trails and paths for us that are safe. So glad it's summer! See ya out on the trails!

19. jmkeuning

jmkeuning New Member

Started riding in 1990 on a Motobecane which I think was made out of iron. In 1993 I upgraded to a Battaglin with Columbus SLX tubing, Regina America 1992 drive train, Modolo brakes, campy headset and bottom bracket, Cinelli stem and bars, Shimano 105 hubs with mismatched Campy and Mavic rims. I rode that bike until 1997 when I switched to mountain biking in Colorado and then California. Riding a Schwinn Home Grown with mostly Bontrager stuff on it. This bike is usually towing a Burley with my four year old son in it.

I just dusted on the Bataglin and converted it to a fixed wheel. Back in the saddle. Same headset, stem, bars, brakes, bottom bracket and front wheel.

Live in St Paul, work in Minneapolis.

20. drjhaps

drjhaps New Member

Hi my name is justin from Denver, CO...just moved here actually. I ride a 1999 cannondale F700 that i'm looking to upgrade a bit.