Where are you from,what do you do?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Guest, Sep 11, 2001.

1. herein33

herein33 New Member

Hi,

I just joined this forum.I don't cycle but joined here to know the updates of some professionals and the records. Nice place to have fun.:rolleyes:

2. ?10 GT outpost

?10 GT outpost New Member

Hi I'm phil from cornwall in the UK I have been into bicycles since I had my BMX racer as a teenager and had a enamelle racer in my late teens but had to get rid as I moved to cornwall had a crappy mtb with front suspension that did not work due to rust. then did without due to other hobbies till I fancied getting back into it and seen an ad for two bikes for £20 so got them both. One for the wife a apollo with front suspention and one for me which was a GT outpost hardtail they both needed some attention though mine needed the gears freeing up a bit but isn't to bad now bit of slippage now and again. I was made redundant in 2009 couldn't keep up with the heavy lifting due to a heart op in 2004 and the down turn in economy forced job losses.

3. garygkn

garygkn New Member

Hi,
    Gary - I am from the UK.
    I like all things bike.
    Hub gears.
    Derailleurs.
    Small wheels.
    Large wheels.
    I cycle 20 miles a day.

4. rjmonta

rjmonta New Member

Mukilteo Washington - triathlete - (or trying to tri)

5. amazzare

amazzare New Member

Hello there, I am a 10 mile dayly commuter, trekker and now road tourer. I started assembling bikes a couple of years ago and now run a small specialty shop, assembling bikes on demand and exploring into frame building too. Rather tech inclined when it comes to mechanic and assembly but a rather passionate rider. Studied engineering, two kids, rock climber, play piano and was born in 1964. Live in Santiago, Chile, South America.
    Cheers
    Alfonso

6. enegret

enegret New Member

Hi everyone,

The forum told me to post here first.. I am a mechanical engineering student from Santiago, Chile. Started cycling in my teens, and now road race at a amateur level, but allays training to become better. I ride for joy, fitness comes as an extra bonus only. I have learnt, in the way, how to completely disasemble and re-assemble my bike, and fix any issues.

Funny the previous poster is also from santiago.

Happy riding!

7. cykladanmark.se

cykladanmark.se New Member

8. BeginnerCycling

BeginnerCycling New Member

Hello all! I'm Rob from Pennsylvania, USA. I just started bicycling last summer after about 20 years without riding a bike. I started with a hybrid, then got hooked and switched to a road bike. I've also got a cruiser to ride with my young kids. Now I'm looking at mountain bikes too. I look forward to getting to know everyone better!

9. Resistorlead

Resistorlead New Member

Hi, Just found this forum after getting all excited about a Cannondale I bought at a yard sale this weekend. I used to ride a lot but haven't been out for a few years now- arthritis and bad knees. Hopefully this won't be just a flash in the pan as I need to get some strength back in the knees and lose some weight. My old bike is an ancient British Whitcomb I've ridden since new, buying it the odd upgrade part ever few years. There's a Schwinn Airdyne in the basement for knee work, and my yard sale find was a 1984 Cannondale road bike covered with bird droppings and barn schmutz. The frame is an inch too big for me, so we'll see how that works out if I keep the seat low and tweak a few other adjustments.

10. TriSCKight

TriSCKight New Member

Hi, there,

I am from South of China and currently studying in the UK.

My nick stands for Tri-S and Tri-C and One-K which mean SniperScriptSpeed and CyclingComputerCosmic and then Knight.

I like cycling but now I haven't got my first bike. These days, I am searching for one bike for longdistance touring. And I have some choices: DAWES, Raleigh .. So could you anyone give me some advice?

Cheers

11. wujack116

wujack116 New Member

hi ,i am wu ,glad to be friend with everyone...

12. Bobby Shaftoe

Bobby Shaftoe New Member

I'm from London, I am a landscape gardener who's dropped out of school. I renovated my dads old bike from his glory days and while I love cycling in the sunshine, my main passion is sneaking out of my house at around 12:00 and just cycling around the city until about 3 or 4 doing F.A but enjoying the quietness.:D

13. wujack116

wujack116 New Member

wow,your love are so special..i am always busy on my online website,and i only pay 2 hours on bicycle,glad to be friend with you.

14. daveinvab

daveinvab New Member

Hi, my name is Dave. Live in Va Beach, VA. Retired Navy, doing computer work now. Just got into riding. Picked up a hybrid at the LBS.

15. cycleighter

cycleighter New Member

Hello all...I am a roadie and live and work in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I ride 200-300 miles per week during the spring/summer/early fall time of the year.

16. 68VENABLE

68VENABLE New Member

Hi Im Jerry. I live in Houston. Im a plumber by trade working as a draftman for a large commercial plumbing company. I ride a specialized allez as much as I can. When Im not here you can find me at www.thetexasoutdoors.com

17. Fonzarely

Fonzarely New Member

27 year old from Tustin, CA. I do Sales and Manage operations for Title and Escrow services. Just bought my first road bike two weeks ago and have been riding an average of 20 miles every other day. Looking forward to keep on learning.

18. ChrisCookz

ChrisCookz New Member

Hello all, my name is Chris and I'm from Indiana. I just graduated Purdue University with a degree in Computer Graphics Technology and I am currently looking for a job. I just bought my first road bike, an 80's Schwinn Sprint. I can't wait to get cycling!

19. zangelo

zangelo New Member

Hi everyone, new to this forum, My name is Zack and I ride a Trek 1200, been riding for 3 years now. Im currently in school

20. Alwaysblue

Alwaysblue New Member

Good morning to everyone! Shane from Calgary, a 'retiring' plumber. I ride a Maruishi 12-spd.

As a kid, I almost lived on a bike but it's only relatively recently the bike has become my primary mode of transport; the more I ride, the more I prefer it. Last night, flying down the street just after dark(properly lighted of course), I realized just how free I was on the bike. :D

Nowhere near retiring age yet, I'm a 'retiring' plumber because I want and need a new career, as an accountant or similar.
    I've signed up here because I want to get serious, to be part of the biking community, to learn, and to participate.