Where are you from,what do you do?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Guest, Sep 11, 2001.

1. scolomby

scolomby New Member

Hi!
    I am from Toronto,Canada and have been cycling for a year now on a Colnago. My passion is travelling with my bike to Italy!

2. S_C_H

S_C_H New Member

My name is Sam. I am from Indiana and have just gotten into road biking. Averaging about 30 city miles a day and hit my personal high of 52 yesterday. Not bad for 3.5 weeks into the whole thing. I am riding a Giant Defy 3 and am happy with it so far.

-Sam

3. krs333

krs333 New Member

Hello all. Just started riding with my wife and we both love. Here in sunny California..

4. Randy262

Randy262 New Member

I live in Murfreesboro, TN and work in Nashville, TN. I used to run, but it is too hard on the joints. Now I bike 4 days a week and lift 4 days a week. We just ride for entertainment. No racing, but not out of the question. I like working on our bikes and finding deals on components.

5. blueeyedgirl

blueeyedgirl New Member

I'm Kate, I'm from Connecticut & I'm a full-time college student/waitress. :)

6. WAGGZ

WAGGZ New Member

Hello I'm Ryan. Live in West TN. Just got my first bike this weekend been looking for several months. I'm very green about cycling so hope to learn a lot.

7. jt89888

jt89888 New Member

My name is Jeff, I'm 21, and I am quickly getting hooked to this sport.

8. Sid Nitzerglobi

Sid Nitzerglobi New Member

I am from Cincinnati, OH and work in IT as a Systems Engineer. I'm 36 years old.

Started cycling again last season after picking up a hard tail MTB. Bought my road bike this year and am really getting into it.

I'm up to around 100-120 miles a week in 4-5 1-2.5 hour chunks. I only recently discovered the benefits of spinning a lower gear over mashing my highest gear (thanks to some helpful posts in this forum) so am focusing mostly on maintaining a consistent cadence >80rpm the past couple of weeks.

My current goal is completing a 2x75mi. charity ride in the end of August.

9. tjc69

tjc69 New Member

Hi all...

I`m tj from Caithness,Scotland. I`m a woodcarver.

Been getting into cycling quite a bit these last few weeks so I`m looking forward to chatting here and I`m also in need of some advice so look out for the daft questions lol.

Cheers. :)

10. LittleWren

LittleWren New Member

Hello all:)

My name is Iyan(Ian) im a sophmore in highschool and and i live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area of Texas. I have only started cycling reccently as a way to get home from summer school (I'm getting ahead) but despite my utter lack of experience im completely hooked on this sport and have already started riding 5 or more days a week and getting almost 30 miles a week and i cant wait to get more!

11. SmutMunki

SmutMunki New Member

Hello all,

I'm Phil from Manchester,UK, I'm 39 (today), I'm in charge of Marketing and Design for a wine and beer importer.

I only ride for fun mainly, just got back into road cycling after about 6 years, had a couple of mountain bikes in that 6 years, made the change to mtb, but it's just not the same, I can see both attractions in road and mtb cycling, but I'm a roadie at heart, so bought another road bike a couple of weeks ago, as me and a friend decided to do our own charity ride in August, from Morecambe back to Manchester, only 63 miles in total, most I've ever done is just over 30miles, so is a bit of a challenge.

Phil

12. whuppingboy

whuppingboy New Member

Yo....seriously i am not stalking you ar anything...but i was browsing and saw someone from England and read ya stuff and we seem to have a lot in common, im turning 39 in a couple of weeks and have been a mountain biker for a few years and now am a roadie too (2 years).
    We are planning a ride to Skegness on the 26th June for charity and hoping to do 100miles.
    Good luck to you on yours...
    Whupp......

13. jazzz

jazzz New Member

Hello to all, i'm called Jazz and i ride a hybrid in London England. lots of traffic so big brakes are the order of the day. i've got the Saracen down to 8.5 kilos which i think is acceptable. did forty miles in 98 mins this afternoon, the old brick is getting faster.i also have a Kona kula for the off road stuff.

14. Grim Jones

Grim Jones New Member

Hello, I'm a brand newbian bike enthusiast. I can't afford to buy a new bike but came across an older (but in perfect shape) Giant hybrid that I want to try to convert a bit for some touring. I'll head over to the other forums for some advice.

15. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser New Member

Hello Everyone!!! My name is Tim and live in NE Georgia. I picked up a Hybrid bike a few months ago and I am hooked. I haven't ridden in years and I had forgotten how much I really enjoy riding. I am going to pick up my new road bike this weekend!!!! I don't think I'll be doing any racing, my main goal is fitness. I hope to be in good enough shape to ride in a charity ride in Sept. that covers 150 miles in two days and I want to ride the Six Gap Century next year.

I'm already up to riding 20+ mile rides on the hybrid and I'm really looking forward to the Road bike.

16. Hammond Egger

Hammond Egger New Member

Hi everyone, new to the forum. I'm from Tucson, semi retired but still working part time in a big box home improvement store. I commute around town and back and forth to work on a mountain bike. And the burning question is......how embarassed do you think I'm going to be riding a ten year old bone stock Peugeot in the 35 mile leg of the El Tour De Tucson? I don't want to win it; I just want to finish it.

17. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

There's no reason to be embarrassed. It's a bike, and you'll be riding. There's a huge variety of bikes--types, makes, and so on--in El Tour. Ride it proudly.

18. karmacat

karmacat New Member

19. davereo

davereo Well-Known Member

Hi im Dave I have been a road cyclist for the last ten years. Before that I did some mountain biking and a little road biking. I live in south coast massachusetts and ride three to four times a week year round. I do not have any riding partners and only do group rides for charities and local touring events. I like not relying on others to get out and ride. I am always friendly to other riders on the road and pass along a hello to them when I am passing by.
    I am always tinkering with my bikes. I do not spend loads of money on upgrades but always keep my eyes open for deals and ideas.
    Cannondale CAAD9 3
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon 6
    Trek 1000 (Red White and Blue)

20. Thewrightguy

Thewrightguy New Member

Hello to everybody! My name is Tyler and I have been cycling for almost three weeks so I am very new to this. My cousin is a female pro-rider in road and in mountain biking. She also does cyclo-cross and she is my main influence and hook-up. I ride a Giant Defy 3 with a triple set and should be getting clipless pedals within the next week. I ride only 20 miles a day 6-7 days a week plus about 5 miles in commuting a day. I am looking to get into the competitive side and sticking to road for now. I have always had an interest and I am more than glad I jumped on this! Looking forward to learning a lot on here!!!