Where are you from,what do you do?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Guest, Sep 11, 2001.

1. Graeme R

Graeme R New Member

Hi, I am a teacher living in South Africa. I have been cycling since 1990. Sometimes competitive, but generally for fitness and well-being. :)

2. TucsonKEG

TucsonKEG New Member

Hi everyone. I'm from Tucson, AZ, USA and have been riding for about 4 years.

3. Bralio

Bralio New Member

from tampa - just getting into road biking :cool:

4. afpoli

afpoli New Member

hi I'm Tony from Perth Western Australia. Been riding for about 18 months just for fitness. I ride a Giant CRX2 flat bar but looking to buy a racing type to get into group rides. I am a dentist and I really enjoy getting on my bike and riding in the fresh air.

5. GrumpyGex

GrumpyGex New Member

Howdy folks!

I'm originally from the Mississippi Gulf Coast but now I'm in Central Texas. I'm a full time student majoring in Biological Chemistry. I finally got a bike so I thought it was finally time to register on the forums and do my best to participate.

6. xpc316e

xpc316e New Member

Hi everybody,

I am David, 53 years of age, wife & 3 children, working as a Road Safety Officer with a county council, retired from the Metropolitan Police, and coming back to cycling after years away.

I have three bikes: a TW 'Bents recumbent trike, a Dahon Jetstream P8 converted to a 9 speed, and a Decathlon Fitness 3. I teach safe cycling skills to children as a part of my job.

I have a life-long passion of altering mechanical things to suit me, so nothing ever remains stock for more than a few moments. My other main hobby is photography. I am also an armchair cyclist with a love of reading cycle travel books of any kind.

7. GaryN

GaryN New Member

Hey all. I'm Gary and live in Columbia, South Carolina. I'm 59 years old but all that changes when I get on my bike. It's my time machine to the past and I'm glad I re-discovered the fun I had when I was a kid. I currently own a 2009 Giant Defy Alliance. While I look horrible in spandex, nylon, and polyester, I haven't found a single pair or shorts or jersey I didn't want to own. It all looks good and I can't help myself when I see an ad. My two major concerns these days are (1) heat - it's 100 degrees practically everyday and I don't do good in heat. And (2) morons - Columbia has more than it's fair share of drivers that want to see how close they can drive up next to you without actually touching me. They must think I like it. Anyway, I'm enjoying the forum and hope to learn about stuff that will make my bike time more enjoyable. I think my next big purchase is a Tacx VR trainer so I'll be looking for advise.

8. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

Don't ride when it's 100°. Ride earlier or later. Everyone out here gets up early to ride once the temperatures start hitting the high notes. There's nothing good that comes out of riding in 100°+ temps, unless you consider the increased likelihood of heat injuries a good thing.

9. gmarcho

gmarcho New Member

Hi,
    My name is Gary, I am 55 years old and live in Newcastle (Australia). I have only recently (re)started cycling. I really enjoy riding to work (not that I like work) and short weekend trips. Newcastle needs more cycleways and the motorists need to be more cycle aware. Flat tyres are a pain and though I don't mind learning new skills, changing flats on cold,dark nights dampens my enthusiasm. Still, early morning rides on empty roads when the air is crisp and the skies are blue will always rejuvenate my enthusiasm and recharge my batteries.

10. saltlake

saltlake New Member

[lang=no]Hei
    da er jeg registrert bruker:rolleyes:[/lang]

11. HIROAD

HIROAD New Member

Hey! My name is Ian from Portland, OR and I'm totally new to this here forum deal. I'm in love with hills and the more I can climb the happier I seem to be. I'd love to try new techniques to be more gooder and faster. I've been riding since I was 10 (I'm 34 now) and don't believe in egos and that you listen to the grandfathers to learn from the old scholl and listen to the youth to get the new school. I are go up now! Lol:p

12. ThomasBorg

ThomasBorg New Member

Hi!
    I'm a 32 year old CICU-nurse from Sweden. Use my bike to get to work (10 kilometers...). Well, that's it I guess.

13. WinkWink726

WinkWink726 New Member

Hey everyone!

I used to bike on a "once in a while" basis, but these days I'm much more serious about it (though, not competitive @ this stage in the game).

I'm from the Pittsburgh Area and I'm looking to learn here ;)

14. colinmcnamara

colinmcnamara New Member

I'm from San Ramon, and I focus on doubles and brevets.

15. rainforest

rainforest New Member

Hi,

my names shane, im an artist from norfolk, and partner to catherine essex, who i train with and support at races. Came on here because i noticed a post about sarcoidosis, which is the lung disease i have.

16. shoppingglad

shoppingglad New Member

hello ,i come from China.

17. k_gibbo

k_gibbo New Member

Hello, I ride in Launceston Tasmania. I normally ride 4 days a week for 2 hrs +-. I would like to get fast and do some racing but I need to do more training first!! :p

18. Coda_

Coda_ New Member

[lang=da]Hello, I have been an off and on rider in the past, but decided to get a bit more serious about it this year. I just got my first proper road bike, and am living the life. I ride in South Jersey, as well as in Philadelphia, where I plan to move later this year. Looking forward to learning a lot from this site.[/lang]

19. lsboogy

lsboogy New Member

I live in Minnesota (USA) - ride year round (we have bad winters here - 40+ below C). I'm a physicist, but would rather be biking

20. tlnelsn

tlnelsn New Member

Hello,

I live near Chicago, Illinois, USA. I am a handyman for the time being, self-employed, doing residential cleaning and minor repairs. It suits me pretty well, though I need to market my services more aggressively and work longer days than I do if I'm going to actually make a living at it. I don't ride a tenth of what I would like to. Road bicycling is my passion. I like to tour, but I think some amateur racing would get me to train like I know I need to to really enjoy bicycling.