Where are you from,what do you do?

lsboogy said:
I live in Minnesota (USA) - ride year round (we have bad winters here - 40+ below C). I'm a physicist, but would rather be biking

Hi 1sboogy,
I grew up in Chisago County, Minnesota. Fond memories of bicycling there.

Where: Belgium (Merckx country!!!), Leuven
What: Sales as prof occupation,
Schwinn indoor cycling instructor 3 hrs/week
Rides outdoor: 8.000 km/yr (to few!!!)
obsessed by bicycles since my childhood.
Like Belgium as a cycling country, but hate the cobblestones, love the hills in the Ardennen.
My favourite col: Galibier
Don't like Alpe d'huez!!

i'm a saler from china. i do yoga in the evening, jogging in the morning.
but most time i am lazy.

From Central NJ. Been riding my MTB 2-3 times a week this year and now just bought a road bike to bomb around on. I'm in this for general fitness. Getting old stinks and I'd like to get back to playing ice hockey this winter, so I better get in some kind of shape other than round. I'll be asking lots of questions, but hopefully I'll be able to give back eventually.

Hi, I'm Geoff from Bondi.
I'm 50 and as fast up the hills as my name suggests - famed for drafting behind a jogger up Alp d'Huez (well, I WAS hung over!).
I'm training for another organised tour, this time in the Pyrenees in the last week of this year's TdF. Don't get to do much because of work (a GP) but ride to work and do a 100km ride on the weekends. :p

Heya,

I am relatively new to biking, other than biking to and from my work, 25K a day for 5 days a week.
I decided to pick up biking as a sport, and will try and do my first 40K TT in 10 weeks.

Oh, I forgot, I am from the Netherlands, Delft, 27 years old :D

Hello everyone, this my first post....my name is Val Ramos. I live in Millville, NJ. (42) I work for a company named Groupe SEB here in Millville (they're based in France) and I'm the operations manager of my department. We own and distribute small appliances and cookware products throughout the world...some brands you may've heard of....T-Fal, Emeril, Wear Ever, Krups, Rowenta, All-Clad and many many others..

Anyway, hopefully I'll learn something from you hardcore guys (and girls) ;)
I've just taken an interest in this sport and look forward to chatting with you all.

I own a single speed conversion....it's a MOTIV nothing special I think but I'm happy with it and I just put my first 12 mile run on it just yesterday at Brigantine - for those of you that might know where I'm talking about =-)
I'd like to get a 26er someday....they simply look bada$$ and lots of fun.

There ya have it !
Thanks everyone, ttyl !
Val

Hola!

My name is Alex and I'm 37 years young. I live about 40 minutes outside of Los Angeles. I've been involved in law enforcement for 12 years and have 3 wonderful boys that keep my wife and I quite busy.

Soooo, when I'm not busy with the kids or at work, I'm working out and trying to stay fit. My passion has always been running but the ol' knees are taking their toll. I've decided to get involved in triathlons and see how that goes. We're gonna take some baby steps and start with a Sprint triathlon at Camp Pendleton (I'll keep you all posted on how it goes).

Well thats all for now. Catch you all later.
Alex

Hi everyone! I am new to the forum and currently living on Oahu, Hawaii. Soon to be moving to the east coast of the states in Virginia.

Hi i'm Steve from Stourport on severn in the west midlands
just started riding to get fitter doing about 4 hours a week on the bike at the min

Im located in Windsor, Ct. I recently acquired a road trek bike (entry level), I been riding for about 4 months. I moved on to cleatless pedals last week and I fell at a intersection in front of riding group and hundreds of cars. I was about to leave my bike and SHOES in the middle of road. It was so painful and embarassing....I am panicking to stop and even to ride again, but I been practicing around my house.... hopefully I'll get better.
I work in a hospital for about 10 yrs, about to start my MSW progam and looking forward to riding many miles in my new bike. Im only doing 20-28 miles/per ride.....will see how far I get before the end of the summer 8)

diromero said:
I work in a hospital for about 10 yrs, about to start my MSW progam and looking forward to riding many miles in my new bike. Im only doing 20-28 miles/per ride.....will see how far I get before the end of the summer 8)

Graduate work and bikes go well together. 20-28 miles/ride is just fine.

Howdy Folks,

I`m darryl And im from Daisy hill qld ive been looking around for cycling forums and came across this one so i thought i would join, I love cycling im 13 years old and do about a 100ks on sat mornings and 60ks on sunday mornings.

Cheers

Hello everyone!

Thanks to Steve for welcoming me onto the board.

I just thought I'd nip in and say hello!
I'm Chris, fundraiser for KidsCan Children's Cancer Research Centre.

We have a cycle sportive which we hope you'll all be able to take part in!
The Macc Monster is a brand new cycle sportive on Sunday 10th October.

It's 100km with over 7000ft of climbing which I'm sure will interest many of you!

If you would like more information on KidsCan the link is there, but getting you all interested in the cycle is more important right now!
The website will be going live today for you to have a look around, but you can also view the tentative route HERE

You can also follow The Macc Monster on Twitter by clicking this link!

Many thanks!

Chris

MTBKID said:
Howdy Folks,

I`m darryl And im from Daisy hill qld ive been looking around for cycling forums and came across this one so i thought i would join, I love cycling im 13 years old and do about a 100ks on sat mornings and 60ks on sunday mornings.

Cheers

wow! thats a lOT of miles ... I get shaky after 20 miles, I guess I need many more years of practice and experience (specially using those stupid cycling shoes)...

alienator said:
Graduate work and bikes go well together. 20-28 miles/ride is just fine.

well, Im not sure how many I'll be able to do once Im back to school, but I will definitely try to keep at least @ 25miles/per ride. BUT first I need to get used to those cycling shoes that are raising my blood pressure everytime I see them...lol

I am from North Plains, Oregon. I ride for fitness and have a roadbike and a 29er. I am a dentist.:)

I am from Hamilton New Zealand, and I am a painter, no good at golf but took to road cycling like a duck to water, stopped chasing chicks after catching one now have 5 children and 8 grandchildren.