Where are you from,what do you do?

Just a quick hello to all ...

Just bought my first road bike with the intentions of getting into Triathlon ...

I have joined the forum to find some cycle partners for exercising - road trip or a ride around Graftham or Rutland Water on the mountain bike etc.

My fitness level improves every week, but I am still at the beginning of it all - but there must be others out there at the same stage as me?

Lotte

DDelight said:
Just a quick hello to all ...

Just bought my first road bike with the intentions of getting into Triathlon ...

I have joined the forum to find some cycle partners for exercising - road trip or a ride around Graftham or Rutland Water on the mountain bike etc.

My fitness level improves every week, but I am still at the beginning of it all - but there must be others out there at the same stage as me?

Lotte

Me me! lol I have friends trying to get me into tris... they are much younger (23 and 21).. but I am reluctant... I don't swim.. I beat the S out of the water and I HATE running after doing it competitively for over a decade growing up... just give me my bike and let me be...

I’m studying computer science, I also ride bikes and chase chicks.
I've been living in Islamabad all my life and do about 1-3 hours per day on the bike in a hill station

Hello everyone, I live near Southampton and work in engineering. I am just the right side of 40 and a very keen road biker on my Trek bike. I hope to learn more about fixing & tuning my bike to maximise enjoyment and minimize repair costs etc. ;)

Commercial Real Estate Broker in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Love Specialized Rock Combos. I have three to date.
Always looking for more. Email me if you know of one out there.

Married with one son and 30 bikes.
Everything from a Triple to a Hypercycle recumbent.

I ride with the Chili Pedalers, Albuquerque Recumbent Club and various groups.

Hello,

My name's Court, and I have just returned to road cycling after suffering a back injury that lasted for many years. It will b e a slow recovery, but I look forward to returning on my bike and also look forward to sharing my knowledge with others dealing with similar experiences.

-Court

cloudhead said:
Hello,

My name's Court, and I have just returned to road cycling after suffering a back injury that lasted for many years. It will b e a slow recovery, but I look forward to returning on my bike and also look forward to sharing my knowledge with others dealing with similar experiences.

-Court

Court,

We have a couple of riders in our recumbent club with back issues and they are now able to ride more and enjoy it again.

Have you ever ridden a recumbent?
I swore I would never be caught dead on one and now have five.

To date the longest ride was 162 miles and I could have ridden again the next day.

Thanks

kevin

kbobb said:
Court,

We have a couple of riders in our recumbent club with back issues and they are now able to ride more and enjoy it again.

Have you ever ridden a recumbent?
I swore I would never be caught dead on one and now have five.

To date the longest ride was 162 miles and I could have ridden again the next day.

Thanks

kevin

Hi Kevin,

I know a recumbent will be in my possession sometime in my life. Currently I am trying to see how far I can take my disc back doing things I as used to do. A bit stubborn, but it's a quest ;) I want a recumbent eventually for long distance touring...not just to compensate for the back.

Hey guys. My name is John, I'm from New Milford, CT. Been dating a girl for the past couple of years, her dad owns the local bike shop. I never touched a bike until my car broke down and I had no steady transportation to work. Her father threw me an old, sturdy schwinn hybrid bike and I fell in love with riding.

I finally got my hands on a road bike: A Schwinn Prologue... I think it's the 1988 frame. It's decked out in dura-ace components and has one of those old comfy leather seats with the brass studs on it. It's been more than I could ever ask for. I try to ride atleast 15-20 miles a day before I get my day started and I feel great doing it. Since finishing school, I never had a reason to do anything athletic and could feel myself becoming more and more out of shape.

I'm working on my tattoo artist apprenticeship and whenever I'm working, I can't help but think about how badly I want to ride. :D

35705_1422573897331_1622225987_1015769_7157546_n.jpg

My name is Eddie, i live in the big town of Fabens, TX. lots of open road, hills. not a whole lot of traffic, lots of dogs. started riding to get in shape, and not be so cranky.

Hello all.
I'm 58, retired from the aerospace electronics field, and now teach electrical/computer engineering at a local university.

I ride regularly, weather permitting (I won't ride in the wet or cold, sorry enthusiasts), 18 to 50 miles at a shot. I've been riding a 20 year old (at least) Bridgestone 500 steel frame with some kind of funky (56/42?) front ring and a 14-? rear ring. The thing has been a truck, and I have 1000s of miles on it, but it's wearing out. Of course you can't upgrade this old thing with any modern components. I almost jumped for a new bike last year, and finally gave in last week and order a 2011 Specialized Secteur Elite. So I'll let you know how that works out.

Hey, I'm from Toronto Canada, I do a 23km bike ride every single day, how many calories you believe i am burning if i'm travelling at a speed of 14mph-16mph for 1 hr and 15 minutes? :D I am 19 years old and weigh 165 pounds 5'7 tall

hi,friends,
i am Chinese, i work for a trading company.i like roding a bike on weekeeds,enjoy with you something about cycling....

kang said:
Hey guys. My name is John, I'm from New Milford, CT. Been dating a girl for the past couple of years, her dad owns the local bike shop. I never touched a bike until my car broke down and I had no steady transportation to work. Her father threw me an old, sturdy schwinn hybrid bike and I fell in love with riding.

I finally got my hands on a road bike: A Schwinn Prologue... I think it's the 1988 frame. It's decked out in dura-ace components and has one of those old comfy leather seats with the brass studs on it. It's been more than I could ever ask for. I try to ride atleast 15-20 miles a day before I get my day started and I feel great doing it. Since finishing school, I never had a reason to do anything athletic and could feel myself becoming more and more out of shape.

I'm working on my tattoo artist apprenticeship and whenever I'm working, I can't help but think about how badly I want to ride. :D

Nice bike. So, how do you like the saddle?

Hey everyone, I'm Scott from Ipswich Massachusetts. Currently without a road bike but I ride mountain about 3 times a week with my crew. Turner 5 Spot about 5 years old now and gettin kinda beat up. Smooth is not my middle name :D.

hey there . so im margo . i live usually in montreal. but now i will spend the summer in hull-gatineau. y bike got stolen in Montreal . it was my baby . a moto-becane. i have just putted all the money i got on it. brand new wheel. so since i hate walking to the kore. i would bike everywhere i go . people say i am pretty intense on my bike so im looking for a new bike light. but solid. like a light tank. that ride like a surfboard. ( smile )
seriously .i ride intense . but i also like to find a bike simple no gadget . that i can bring with me everywhere i go .
my bike is like my wallet . except. i dont even carry my wallet . i carry my bike.
i used to take my bike to new york to vancouver, i used to put it in pieces and rapped it arround my back and jump in trucks with it.
merci .

Hello.
My name is Shane Hancock. I live in Archbold it's a small town in NW Ohio.
Im 27 years old. Im married to my high school sweet heart Caroline.

I started riding bike again last year. I started riding again to lose weight. Im 6'5 and I was upwards of 260 lbs. Im now down to 203 lbs all thanks to riding bike.

Well I fell in love with riding bike all over again. I log about 30 to 40 miles a week.

ummmm other hobbies is working on my 97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. playing video games and I'm a HUGE Boston Red Sox fan. Me and my wife are such big fans. That we got married in Boston at Fenway Park.

I work in a stamping factory. I stamp out parts that get welded into seat frames for different car makes and models.

Thats about it. If you have any other questions just ask. :)