Where are you from,what do you do?

hi cycling peeps, im bob the slob, i am from northamptonshire looking to get fit and meet other like minded peeps to cycle with, just need to get a bike now :D

Hi I'm Roberta,:D
Live near Cambridge in the UK. I have a mountain bike. I also have a wee ride on the front for my little girl :D she loves it.
x

Hi all, just a quick note to say hi and let you know of a pretty bizarre thing that just happened to me on a Sunday morning ride.

Hello,

I'm a PhD student at Cambridge University. I have a bicycle problem. I now own, not in order of preference or acquisition, a 1994 Pinarello Stelvio, a 1989 Pinarello Prologo, a 1989 Eistentraut Monostay, a 1976 Eisentraut Limited, an On One prototype single gear MTB, and am currently on the hunt for the right tandem for me and the hottest woman on the planet to explore the UK together.

D

Hi all- My name is Chris and I'm from a western suburb of Chicago. I started riding about 10 years ago and hung it up after back surgery. I've decided to get back into this year and have purchased a new Trek Madone and became a 'roadie'. Looking forward to getting to know you all! :)

Hi. My name is Ernie Frate. Work in advertising, new to road cycling and completely addicted!

Hi,

I'm John, a Christian, and I live in Texas. I am 44 years old and just getting back on the bike after about 7 years of not really riding. I used to ride MTB in Alaska. I am now a police officer and on bike patrol. Although we ride Mt bikes, I am getting the itch to purchase a road bike and start riding that (plus, my brother is talking me into it.) I will be on the forums, seeking advice on choosing a decent (at least shimano 105s) road bike that is fit for the Clydesdale or near Clydesdale size. --- let me know if you have any opinions.

Hi everybody. I am 31 years old and just moved back to San Diego after spending too many years in Phoenix, AZ. I am done mountain biking and have now decided to take up road biking. Cheered on the racers during the Tour of Cali and am officially hooked. I am in the process of setting aside money for my first road bike and I hope to gain as much knowledge about the sport through forums like this one.

Fryguy88 said:
Hi everybody. I am 31 years old and just moved back to San Diego after spending too many years in Phoenix, AZ. I am done mountain biking and have now decided to take up road biking. Cheered on the racers during the Tour of Cali and am officially hooked. I am in the process of setting aside money for my first road bike and I hope to gain as much knowledge about the sport through forums like this one.

Welcome.

Too much time in Phoenix can be measured in days.

From Fresno, CA. Been into Mountain Biking for 5 or so years. Looking into moving to road bikes now. :D

I'm a biologist living in Berkeley, CA. I run for fitness and commute by bike. I've got a Specialized Sirrus and tow my son in a Burley D'Lite. I'm here looking for some advice on repair and maintenance.

Hi

I am Jules live in Castle Donington, near to the Donington Park race circuit. We run a cycle friendly guest hose.

Age 53, just started to cycle again after a 3 year gap.

Set myself a target of 1500 miles before i get a new bike!!!!!! Still trying to break in a brooks saddle. Husband told me 200 miles should do it now he has changed his tune to about 1,000. I will get my own back someday lol.

Anytips for a return mature cyclist?:rolleyes:

I just started riding again. I took out my 20 year old Specialized Crossroads for a casual 10 mile, then a casual 20 mile, then a 25 mile group ride around Sonoma County wine country.

Then I realized how much better new bikes are than my Specialized. Also, my wrists hurt with the flat bars. And, I couldn't keep up with the group ride.

I researched online, visited several local bike stores, discussed my wrist pain at the store I liked best (West County Revolution). Pauli, the bike mechanic, loaned me his bike for the day.

I bought a Jamis Satellite.

10_satellite_sl.jpg

I want to do casual recreation rides with friends, more serious group rides, and get to the grocery store (8 miles round trip).

Hi! I'm Chelle (shell). I live on the west coast and have always loved biking, but am finally taking it to the next level! I'm doing the MS Waves to Wine in September. It starts in San Francisco and ends in Sonoma County!

I'm doing it with a friend and while challenging, I'm looking forward to it!!!

I'm training and having fun doing it.

<3

tjc69 said:
Hi all...

I`m tj from Caithness,Scotland. I`m a woodcarver.

Been getting into cycling quite a bit these last few weeks so I`m looking forward to chatting here and I`m also in need of some advice so look out for the daft questions lol.

Cheers. :)

Caithness is close to the end of the world! Good luck with your riding.

bolaurent said:
I just started riding again. I took out my 20 year old Specialized Crossroads for a casual 10 mile, then a casual 20 mile, then a 25 mile group ride around Sonoma County wine country.

Then I realized how much better new bikes are than my Specialized. Also, my wrists hurt with the flat bars. And, I couldn't keep up with the group ride.

I researched online, visited several local bike stores, discussed my wrist pain at the store I liked best (West County Revolution). Pauli, the bike mechanic, loaned me his bike for the day.

I bought a Jamis Satellite.

10_satellite_sl.jpg

I want to do casual recreation rides with friends, more serious group rides, and get to the grocery store (8 miles round trip).

Keep your wrists in line with your forearm, i.e. not bent. The bending puts pressure on the ulnar nerve and is similar to carpal tunnel syndrome.