Where are you from,what do you do?

Hello i am Brian from Tucson Az. Just got into road riding to help with the mt biking endurance. I had not ridden a bike in 25 years lol. I just got a new 2011 trek madone 5.2 and my wife got a new 2011 trek madone 4.5. Looking forward to learning lots of things on here and being a better rider!

gmarcho said:
Hi,
My name is Gary, I am 55 years old and live in Newcastle (Australia). I have only recently (re)started cycling. I really enjoy riding to work (not that I like work) and short weekend trips. Newcastle needs more cycleways and the motorists need to be more cycle aware. Flat tyres are a pain and though I don't mind learning new skills, changing flats on cold,dark nights dampens my enthusiasm. Still, early morning rides on empty roads when the air is crisp and the skies are blue will always rejuvenate my enthusiasm and recharge my batteries.
[lang=da]Thanks you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.[/lang]

Hi, everyone. My name is Kathleen. I am a kindergarten teacher. I live in Los Angeles and am 46 years young. I ride about an hour most days. I want to improve and be able to ride for longer distances. I have trouble riding when I work due to the stress and I have to be there at 7:30 am.

Kathleen Forero said:
Hi, everyone. My name is Kathleen. I am a kindergarten teacher. I live in Los Angeles and am 46 years young. I ride about an hour most days. I want to improve and be able to ride for longer distances. I have trouble riding when I work due to the stress and I have to be there at 7:30 am.

hello, whereabouts in LA?

never heard of it. i've resided in Silverlake/Echo Park/Hollyood/San Gabrielle/ Rosemead areas for a few years.

nice to have you aboard.

roadhouse said:
never heard of it. i've resided in Silverlake/Echo Park/Hollyood/San Gabrielle/ Rosemead areas for a few years.

nice to have you aboard.
It is located in the West San Fernando Valley. Thanks for welcoming me aboard!

You're more than welcome, we could use some more friendly females around here. Here's a pic of my new kitty Shiloh to really welcome you, enjoy! :D

DSCN3175.jpg

[lang=de]Tag. Mein name ist ***** und ich komme aus Rumänien, aber wohne n Österreich (Austria). Ich fahre sehr gerne Rennrad und möchte meine Leistung rasch steigern. Ah, ja- ich bin 46 Jahre jung;). Dass war`s. Danke.[/lang]

Hi all. I'm Joe and live in the countryside of northwest NJ. I'm 47 and have been an athlete my whole life but never any endurance sports. Gymnastics, rugby, diving, auto racing. Back surgery put an extra 30lbs on me after not being active for two years. Found cycling is the best activity I can do without really irritating my back, at least not too much:( . So now I'm doing about an hour a day (took off 15 of those 30 lbs so far) mostly on my kinetic trainer and have actually entered my first criterium this weekend, it is a 30 min plus two .9 mi laps. I actually entered two classes, over 45 and cat 4/5. Big mistake for my first time? In my real life I am a chiropractor and a professional dog agility coach/competitor.

Hi all, I'm a commuter/road enthusiast/cycling activist from Finland (Northern Europe). Though my nick is 'fiber', I ride most often my aluminium frame bike (pic from Crete island some weeks ago):

I'm Steve,

35 years old and from Ontario, Canada. I was a cyclist as a teen and have just gotten back into it last month. Bought a Felt z85 and have been on it 2 or 3 times a week. Lost 13lbs so far and loving it!

Cheers!

sdrutledge said:
I'm Steve,

35 years old and from Ontario, Canada. I was a cyclist as a teen and have just gotten back into it last month. Bought a Felt z85 and have been on it 2 or 3 times a week. Lost 13lbs so far and loving it!

Cheers!
omg! im jealous I want to loose some wt ... what r u doing? Give the secret ..

Well first of all, I had weight to lose... I was 225lbs and 5'5" tall. Obese.

I started rock climbing weekly about 3 months ago and started gaining some muscle mass back in my arms and back. Mid June I bought my bike and started riding it... as hard as my little fat body could take 2 -3 times a week. I also cut out all fast food, limited my beer intake (VERY hard to do.. I have 3 kids)
and kept a close eye on my calories (limited to 1900-2200 per day) using Sparkpeople.com

This morning I weighed in at 213lbs and I sleep like a friggen rock every night!

-Steve

diromero said:
omg! im jealous I want to loose some wt ... what r u doing? Give the secret ..

[lang=fr]hello, i'm bike messenger in paris and ride again for my pleasure when this job let me enough energy, for some races or special long rides i try to prepare for the best.
it's something like 20000kms a year.[/lang]

fiberfinn said:
Hi all, I'm a commuter/road enthusiast/cycling activist from Finland (Northern Europe). Though my nick is 'fiber', I ride most often my aluminium frame bike (pic from Crete island some weeks ago):

Nice pic.

I am a Fred. 68 year old returning to cycling after a 30 year rest. Still have my diamond frames (Raleigh Professional and Elkhorn), but this time around am going bent. Bicycle is a EZ-1 and trike is an Actionbent Artiface. About 500 miles so far, so have a lot of work to get back into reasonable condition. South Florida location means most riding is in 90F temprature and 90% humidity. No hills, but head winds seem to make up for that deficet
[

Hello! I just recently started cycling and was brought into the sport by a friend who races competitively. I am in the military and stationed in Anchorage and looking forward to training for some races.

Hi, I'm Ian. I live in Las Vegas. I'm a daily fixed commuter and weekend road bike warrior. I work for a company called Blank Carbon.

We manufacture Carbon Frames for track, tri, and road!

That's all for now!